Virginia vs North Carolina | Syracusefan.com

Virginia vs North Carolina

hoopsupstate

Living Legend
Virginia leads at the half 24-18. Another Virginia grinder game. Carolina really has a difficult time scoring the ball. They can’t run because they don’t dominate the defensive boards. Neither team is a top 15 team.

Virginia leads at the half 24-18. Another Virginia grinder game. Carolina really has a difficult time scoring the ball. They can’t run because they don’t dominate the defensive boards. Neither team is a top 15 team.

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't enjoy watching UVa play. Their style of play is just not at all enjoyable to me. Can't argue with the results, obviously, but they're a touch watch for me.

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't enjoy watching UVa play. Their style of play is just not at all enjoyable to me. Can't argue with the results, obviously, but they're a touch watch for me.

Do people enjoy watching UVA play?

I didn’t think even their fans enjoy watching them play.

Yeah, I’m over the 20 game conference schedule already. These teams should not be playing each other yet. Everybody sucks at this point in the season, and nobody really cares about any of this until the new year.

Do people enjoy watching UVA play?

I didn’t think even their fans enjoy watching them play.
{Raises hand}

2017AD_bookstore_basketball4300.jpg

Surprised this game is being played on a Sunday during football season

Virginia is ruining basketball. Unwatchable

Butler already ruined basketball a decade ago. Virginia is their spiritual successor, carrying the torch.

Stevens and Bennett are very, very bad men. Very, very, very bad.
c8cf7c6948ea3f31360b60165463ab47.jpg.cf.gif
Just like Stevens, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bennett coaching in the NBA

Carolina hasn’t scored 50 points in their last two games. When was the last time that happened? You can already tell that Anthony is not happy. Clarke totally outplayed him today.

The Orange can beat those teams on a good shooting night.

Carolina hasn’t scored 50 points in their last two games. When was the last time that happened? You can already tell that Anthony is not happy. Clarke totally outplayed him today.

There was a lot of talk on tv about Anthony outscoring SU the night we lost to UVA. I guess he didn't do so well against them either.

UVA’s defense this year is going to set records. They have the best defensive efficiency in the history of the KenPom era.

UVA’s defense this year is going to set records. They have the best defensive efficiency in the history of the KenPom era.
their defense efficiency is currently at 80. UVA has never had a defensive efficiency number better than 85 (D1 average is 100).

their defense efficiency is currently at 80. UVA has never had a defensive efficiency number better than 85 (D1 average is 100).

Memphis has the lowest in 2009 at 84.2.

It use to happen alot under Dean Smith and his infamous 4 corners anti-offense.
I'm pretty sure during the late, late 70's, they trailed Duke 7-0 at halftime after going 4 corners the entire half. It is said this game was a major impetus for implementing the shot clock.

Final Duke 47-40.

It won't help Anthony, but NC has 5 of the top 55 in the ESPN rankings coming in next year. And they are close with a couple of others.

UVA won 56-47 and UNC sits at 6-3. Definitely a weird season so far.

UVA is unwatchable. Unless Cuse is playing them or it's the natl chip I won't watch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom