Visitors for February/March/Spring Practice 2019/April/May | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Visitors for February/March/Spring Practice 2019/April/May

I wonder if Richie is related to the Kimmel football clan that played at Syracuse. Shane was also from the Philly suburbs. Could Richie be one of his brothers?

He’s jacked. 1st team all state PA MLB and he has no recruiting profile that I found. Odd

He has one offer UPenn.
So he's an academic reach. I thought Ivy's don't offer athletic scholarships? I've always been unclear how this process works with them.

So he's an academic reach. I thought Ivy's don't offer athletic scholarships? I've always been unclear how this process works with them.
I don't know about Penn but I believe that the athletes for some sports at Ivies are offered a generous financial aid package.

I don't know about Penn but I believe that the athletes for some sports at Ivies are offered a generous financial aid package.
I remember back in my day that UPenn was particularly scrutinized for offering what was seen to be athletic scholarships (think hoops when they had Matt Maloney and one other very good player). I just don't know what an "offer" means under this type of scrutiny.

That, plus very few Ivy students pay full sticker price anyway.

I remember back in my day that UPenn was particularly scrutinized for offering what was seen to be athletic scholarships (think hoops when they had Matt Maloney and one other very good player). I just don't know what an "offer" means under this type of scrutiny.
They knocked us off in the 1979 NCAA Basketball Tournament in the Eastern Regional Semis on their way to the Final Four.

They knocked us off in the 1979 NCAA Basketball Tournament in the Eastern Regional Semis on their way to the Final Four.
1994 team had three future NBA players. That's not normal for an Ivy League basketball team in the 90's and beyond and the other schools in conference said so.

That, plus very few Ivy students pay full sticker price anyway.
Don't know about the other ivies but harvard doesn't charge tuition for most middle (and even some upper) class students. They nominally list tuition income thresholds but their endowment is so big that they don't have to rely on tuition.

Last edited:
On a local, lower level note ... My buddy went to Hobart for football. Wasn't a starter, played sparingly over his time there. Real smart, ambitious kid. Hobart is what, $50-$60k a year? He ended up owing about $20k out of pocket after four years. If a kid is bright, studious, and ambitious, the schools will work with them to provide as much assistance as they can.

[QUOTE="NJCuse97

My understanding of how the process works is the student’s test scores etc must fit into the range of students attending the university and the team’s average must should fit the university average. I do know of a brilliant recruited player who never played. Perfect SATs and 4.0 average

The average for the team should fall within the range for the university

I also know that the coach walks his chosen admission forms down to the admissions office. The coach also does the same with the financial aid forms.

It appears that recruited athletes receive generous financial aid packages.

I have also seen it written that there are special rules for football.

I understand the college admissions scandal. A coach for a “price” was willing to give up one of his allotted slots for a negotiated amount.

Last edited:
If that's coach Cav standing next to him, and Leone is really 6'6," how tall is coach Cav?

Coach Cav is shorter, heavyset and bald.

If that's coach Cav standing next to him, and Leone is really 6'6," how tall is coach Cav?

D33vjeyX4AAaGqZ.jpg:large

Coach Cavanaugh