Visitors for Wake Forest Game 11/11/17 | Syracusefan.com

Visitors for Wake Forest Game 11/11/17

They were down on the field before the game. I would guess there was at least 25. Probably more like 35.
My understanding it was a group of mostly 2019s.

They couldn't have made it up for the Pitt or the Clemson games?
I'm with you (yikes). This certainly wasn't a game you'd pick to showcase. But I'm sure the staff pointed out what needs to change on defense (and otherwise) to bring the team to the next level.

As a former recruiter, I would caution focusing a lot on the game atmosphere and everything around it.

I always hated hosting a recruit for a game because it was 3 hours away from me and building that relationship. It's all about coaches building the relationship and trust with recruits. If recruits trust the coaches and what they are seeing, they will come.

I'm with you (yikes). This certainly wasn't a game you'd pick to showcase. But I'm sure the staff pointed out what needs to change on defense (and otherwise) to bring the team to the next level.

The last sentence would not be a good practice in reality. Said to a certain recruit, it can construe not caring for your players and thinking they are terrible. It's all about recruits envisioning themselves in that position under a coaching staff that will develop them.

As a former recruiter, I would caution focusing a lot on the game atmosphere and everything around it.

I always hated hosting a recruit for a game because it was 3 hours away from me and building that relationship. It's all about coaches building the relationship and trust with recruits. If recruits trust the coaches and what they are seeing, they will come.

The last sentence would not be a good practice in reality. Said to a certain recruit, it can construe not caring for your players and thinking they are terrible. It's all about recruits envisioning themselves in that position under a coaching staff that will develop them.
Your first sentence and last sentence don't match. My whole point was that players like to be shown (see themselves in) positions where they can develop and make a difference. We have a defensive situation that is ideal for new talent, prove beyond a shadow of a doubt last weekend.

Your first sentence and last sentence don't match. My whole point was that players like to see themselves in positions to play and develop. We have an ideal defense for that ... proven beyond a shadow of a doubt against Wake.

It's one thing for a kid to see it (every kid Syracuse recruits believes they are going to the NFL). But, telling them by pointing out a change in defense (when you said this, I assume player replacement) can be construed as giving up on a kid.

It's one thing for a kid to see it (every kid Syracuse recruits believes they are going to the NFL). But, telling them by pointing out a change in defense (when you said this, I assume player replacement) can be construed as giving up on a kid.
You're nitpicking. There's nothing wrong with telling a kid we need you at DE. He could see that watching the game for 5 minutes. It's not meant to be an insult -- in fact, DB has said as much. He just tweeted that Lamar Jackson is faster than everyone on our team. Was that giving up, or insulting current players? I don't see your point. We need new talent in a hurry.

You're nitpicking. There's nothing wrong with telling a kid we need you at DE. He could see that watching the game for 5 minutes. It's not meant to be an insult -- in fact, DB has said as much. He just tweeted that Lamar Jackson is faster than everyone on our team. Was that giving up, or insulting current players? I don't see your point. We need new talent in a hurry.

Lamar Jackson is faster than everyone on most teams (there is what, one or two DB's faster than him in the college game). That's not a surprise, it's just unique because Dino is a straight shooter.

Who are you referring to at DE that would beat out Black (who was obviously hurt for WF game)/Coleman? That's the danger. If you tell a kid he is gonna start and he doesn't start freshman year, you set-up some potential issues.

The best recruiters do not focus on that aspect of playing time. They build the relationship. They build the trust. That is how you land the players. You can recruit without ever having to tell the kid we need you at DE. The offer says that.

My main point in responding to you and others is that fans tend to put too much focus on the game and the result. It's being around the coaches for a day or two that defines nearly everything.

Lamar Jackson is faster than everyone on most teams (there is what, one or two DB's faster than him in the college game). That's not a surprise, it's just unique because Dino is a straight shooter.

Who are you referring to at DE that would beat out Black (who was obviously hurt for WF game)/Coleman? That's the danger. If you tell a kid he is gonna start and he doesn't start freshman year, you set-up some potential issues.

The best recruiters do not focus on that aspect of playing time. They build the relationship. They build the trust. That is how you land the players. You can recruit without ever having to tell the kid we need you at DE. The offer says that.

My main point in responding to you and others is that fans tend to put too much focus on the game and the result. It's being around the coaches for a day or two that defines nearly everything.
The point is, Babers himself is making comments similar to mine. Everyone knows we need talent. I don’t think further discussion on this topic is necessary.

The point is, Babers himself is making comments similar to mine. Everyone knows we need talent. I don’t think further discussion on this topic is necessary.

A defensive end is gonna outrun Lamar Jackson?

This is correct. I'm not a recruiter obviously but I am in Sales where relationship and trust is everything. They need to comfortable with the person(s), company strategy, and trust that they will deliver the expected results. Also, the last sentence is spot on. I was on a recruiting visit as a parent with my daughter talking to a head coach. The head coach started to bash her star player and my daughter and I were like "what???". Red flags came up fast when that happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom