Class of 2024 - Visitors taking Official Visits to SU 12/8/23 | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 Visitors taking Official Visits to SU 12/8/23

Nothing like getting the parents comfortable with a little gambling and some cocktails!

1000005888.jpg

Just baffling to what degree people go to prove the need to be miserable. If that's how you respond to a balanced and pragmatic post I don't know how to respond. Let it go.

And anyone who looks at 2020 and says everyone played by the same rules loses all credibility immediately. I will agree that everyone who brought in two new coordinators with completely different systems that they were left to implement via Zoom, that had no spring ball at all and summer camp reduced to pods of no more than 10 players until two weeks before the first game, that needed to have a fullback convert to a position he hadn't played since middle school to be able to field a team at all and who complied with the strictest protocols imposed by any state in the nation, then took those protocols even higher to protect their student athletes... yeah. Every program in that subset played by the same rules.
Thank you

Just baffling to what degree people go to prove the need to be miserable. If that's how you respond to a balanced and pragmatic post I don't know how to respond. Let it go.

And anyone who looks at 2020 and says everyone played by the same rules loses all credibility immediately. I will agree that everyone who brought in two new coordinators with completely different systems that they were left to implement via Zoom, that had no spring ball at all and summer camp reduced to pods of no more than 10 players until two weeks before the first game, that needed to have a fullback convert to a position he hadn't played since middle school to be able to field a team at all and who complied with the strictest protocols imposed by any state in the nation, then took those protocols even higher to protect their student athletes... yeah. Every program in that subset played by the same rules.
No need to prove anything. Simply stating facts. This program needs an overhaul. Not sure why that upset you so much.
As far as COVID, your points are all valid. I didn't take into consideration the differences state-to-state. Very fair and incorrect on my end. However, even if you remove that season, the greater point still stands.
I'm incredibly happy about where this program is headed. Excitement levels are at a level we haven't seen in a very long time. Me stating that this program needs a massive facelift is far from controversial, yet you've made it out to be some massive insult.

No need to prove anything. Simply stating facts. This program needs an overhaul. Not sure why that upset you so much.
As far as COVID, your points are all valid. I didn't take into consideration the differences state-to-state. Very fair and incorrect on my end. However, even if you remove that season, the greater point still stands.
I'm incredibly happy about where this program is headed. Excitement levels are at a level we haven't seen in a very long time. Me stating that this program needs a massive facelift is far from controversial, yet you've made it out to be some massive insult.
Don’t care to argue. I referenced your response to another poster who provided a position that things weren’t as dire as you make them out to be calling for a complete tear down. You defended your position by filtering out wins over weak teams and the best season of the last decade.
I think the fact of the matter is we weren’t that far away from what we can reasonably aspire to be - a team that plays in a bowl every year and occasionally rises to a higher level. Fact is we made it to a thirteenth game in 3 of the last five non covid years and missed the other two by one game. And one of the other two it took losing three consecutive games on the last play to keep us out of a bowl. Fact is that had our QB been able to play full seasons we would have won eight games the last two years.
Opinion, which I share, is that the program was unable to build a roster that had the depth at key positions to sustain injuries and compete. Also that other than 2018, even the teams that made it to bowls did so by the narrowest of margins and the confidence that the program was poised to build further had eroded.
Saying that the program needs a complete tear down and rebuild denigrates the accomplishments of every aspect of the program including the players that represent it. The post you responded to presented a balanced perspective that celebrated their efforts while recognizing a need to change. That’s a position I share and that’s what triggered my response.
Peace.

Don’t care to argue. I referenced your response to another poster who provided a position that things weren’t as dire as you make them out to be calling for a complete tear down. You defended your position by filtering out wins over weak teams and the best season of the last decade.
I think the fact of the matter is we weren’t that far away from what we can reasonably aspire to be - a team that plays in a bowl every year and occasionally rises to a higher level. Fact is we made it to a thirteenth game in 3 of the last five non covid years and missed the other two by one game. And one of the other two it took losing three consecutive games on the last play to keep us out of a bowl. Fact is that had our QB been able to play full seasons we would have won eight games the last two years.
Opinion, which I share, is that the program was unable to build a roster that had the depth at key positions to sustain injuries and compete. Also that other than 2018, even the teams that made it to bowls did so by the narrowest of margins and the confidence that the program was poised to build further had eroded.
Saying that the program needs a complete tear down and rebuild denigrates the accomplishments of every aspect of the program including the players that represent it. The post you responded to presented a balanced perspective that celebrated their efforts while recognizing a need to change. That’s a position I share and that’s what triggered my response.
Peace.
OK

Peace.
Well said counselor.

Peace.
Fran is a straight shooter, and he has spent his coaching life waiting for this opportunity.
He and Erob wouldn't have come if it were a complete rebuild.
They want to restore the program back to where it was in the 80's and 90's.

Not getting greedy (much), and I am not eager to resolve the feelings of giddiness/disbelief for the current weekend, but do we know who is coming for a visit next weekend? If so, is it reasonable to start a new thread for them?
Just a thought.

What was it? Seems to be gone?
Mods, Am I allowed to share it? I have a screen shot..

I also understand why they deleted it and don't want to also ruin anything...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom