Vitale et al on Romo as a Broadcaster | Syracusefan.com

Vitale et al on Romo as a Broadcaster

Townie72

All American
Most of us probably enjoyed the inside look into the probable strategy in games that Tony Romo was able to give in games.

This Washington Post article talks about Romo as a unique and possibly new kind of color analyst. While Madden might has explained what a Nickle defense was, Romo explains it in the context of the next play. He's not always right, but he's right a lot.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...o-so-good-let-bob-costas-dick-vitale-explain/

One curious spot in the article was Dick Vitale praising Romo's approach. Gee, Dick, now that you've seen it done properly maybe we could have less Duke-sucking and fewer stories about who you had dinner with.

Not a fan. I want it to be like I am there at the game. I want to hear the crowd and see things play out. I want minimalism during a play from the announcers. They can kill the plenty of dead air between plays with their commentary. That IMO is their only purpose. I don’t need a cheerleader to listen too or someone to explain what football is.

I give him credit for knowing his , but I don’t need to hear it just before the snap or mid play. Be honest would anyone like it if the guy next to you in the Dome were doing it and right 90% of the time?

Not a fan. I want it to be like I am there at the game. I want to hear the crowd and see things play out. I want minimalism during a play from the announcers. They can kill the plenty of dead air between plays with their commentary. That IMO is their only purpose. I don’t need a cheerleader to listen too or someone to explain what football is.

I give him credit for knowing his , but I don’t need to hear it just before the snap or mid play. Be honest would anyone like it if the guy next to you in the Dome were doing it and right 90% of the time?
You may not be a fan, but people that enjoy the game but never played may appreciate the education.

I can't think of a better football color commentator that I've ever seen on TV than Romo. It's the perfect balance of making smart observations and explaining the Xs and Os of football, but in a laid back way where he doesn't take himself too seriously.

I can't think of a better football color commentator that I've ever seen on TV than Romo. It's the perfect balance of making smart observations and explaining the Xs and Os of football, but in a laid back way where he doesn't take himself too seriously.

I have to agree. I hated him as a player as I think he was completely overrated just for being the Cowboys QB, but he blows Phil Simms away in the booth.

He knew every audible the Patriots were running in the Chiefs AFC title game.
He is a refreshing analyst when he analyzes or predicts what is going to happen.
Romo-Nantz don’t have good chemistry though. As Romo wants to be zany and have fun and Nantz is stiff and conservative.
Romo can get annoying with non-football stuff a la Dickie V but when he is talking about the game he is great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom