Vitale thinks Boeheim is a future hall of famer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Vitale thinks Boeheim is a future hall of famer

Another suck thing about being in the ACC. We will have him for every Duke and Carolina game. He epitomizes everything that's wrong with ESPN.

This makes me think that he didn't write this column. He spits out some thoughts to an intern or .com employee and they write the column. Vitale knows that JB is in the HOF. He may be annoying to listen to on a game with dipsy doo dunkeroo, but he for sure knows JB is in the HOF.

They fixed it. Cynthia Faulkner, an editor, owned up to committing the error in the comments section.

"cto, post: 875033, member: 412"]Seriously, there are no copy editors left in America. Not a day goes by that I don't read an article that either contains an easily checked error-of-fact ... or that doesn't contain an internal inconsistency/contadiction. As cost-saving measures, publications have gotten rid of copy editors. Sometimes there is no one between the writer/reporter and the "published" product.[/quote]
It has since been edited:[quoteJim Boeheim's coaching credentials are well-known, and he's a Hall of Famer.=
so they are just really slow, and depend on the public to do their job for them

Someone forgot to take their Namenda.

Seriously, Dickie V is what 106?

Dementia is a terrible affliction.

That made me lol. I once saw Vitale in person, he had been hired to give one of those motivational speeches at a company function I had to attend. I've never been a fan and his speech was okay but he confirmed that day that he's a class A jackass.

Another suck thing about being in the ACC. We will have him for every Duke and Carolina game. He epitomizes everything that's wrong with ESPN.
I dispute that. He has his schtick. ABC had Cosell. ESPN has Vitale. Dickie V is doing what he is being paid to do, notice him.

I think Vitale was picking Boeheim for the Rhinotillexomania hall of fame/shame

"Jimmy Boeheim has got himself a diaper-dandy this year in Carmelo Anthony. Dipsy-do dunkeroo, I just shitt my pants baby!!"

How the heck could he not know that? He ranted about it every game for 5 years before JB was finally inducted and then finally shut up. Now he's back again with it!

He could be developing memory issues. Happens to the best of us. Or should I say, to the most of us?

JOC44 thinks Vitale is a future dipsh!t.

Next thing we will be hearing is that Vitale will be in the HOF someday. Well not before JB gets in, that's for sure.

Reactions: cto
Seriously, there are no copy editors left in America. Not a day goes by that I don't read an article that either contains an easily checked error-of-fact ... or that doesn't contain an internal inconsistency/contadiction. As cost-saving measures, publications have gotten rid of copy editors. Sometimes there is no one between the writer/reporter and the "published" product.

Not exactly on topic but have you noticed that a number of long-time columnists for the WSJ have departed recently? I wonder if that was cost-cutting also.

Dickie V also believes that with a little luck and perseverance, man might someday land on the moon.

Believe it or not, a good number of folks including researchers and documentary makers believe it may(or may not) be possible someday too. During a cold war there were many reasons for such after Sputnik was launched. I kind of like the idea that the Van Allen belt was somehow conquered and just the ridiculous footage that doesn't stand up to the scrutiny of our current age was faked, but they went anyhow. I didn't read this whole article, but after googling Moon Landing and Kubrick it was the first one to pop up. Certainly there are others that are much better. http://realitysandwich.com/23226/kubrick_apollo/ Having seen a couple of the documentaries and Buzz Aldren's reaction to getting blindsided and how he replies makes me wonder, at least.

The REM song Man on the Moon, and the latter movie of the same title, both dedicated to the master of illusion Andy Kaufman, show that a lot of us take a lot for granted based on what we see and the words of a few people. It's a good thing our courts require much more evidence for convictions(hint of sarcasm). Anyhow, I dont want to hijack a serious thread with non serious issues, so that is all. Vitale called the Sherman Douglas hike play, and I remember him saying "it's showtime in the garden" at some point, so I have no hate for the man. He's got his schtick, just like I have mine(I try to have a couple, actually).

JOC44 thinks Vitale is a future dipsh!t.

I usually agree with you bro, but future? He isn't a diaper dandy. I think he's reached his ceiling ;)

They fixed it. Cynthia Faulkner, an editor, owned up to committing the error in the comments section.
What she did is fall on her sword.

IF Vitale wrote the piece, he either (1) correctly noted that JB was already in the Hall, and his editor changed it to "future"; or,
(2) incorrectly stated that JB was not in the Hall, and she didn't catch it.

To me, the second is much more plausible.

Unless they just don't bother to check Vitale's work (which they will, now).

Seriously, there are no copy editors left in America. Not a day goes by that I don't read an article that either contains an easily checked error-of-fact ... or that doesn't contain an internal inconsistency/contadiction. As cost-saving measures, publications have gotten rid of copy editors. Sometimes there is no one between the writer/reporter and the "published" product.
and it shows up all the time to those of us with editor blood in our veins. The bigger problem is that writers/reporters are mostly interested in beating a deadline or getting THEIR names on the front page or THEIR faces on the evening news. They don't worry too much about accuracy, and nobody checks their "facts."