VT vs. 'Cuse | Syracusefan.com

VT vs. 'Cuse

arbitragegls

All Conference
VT is 3-0 with an OT win against George Mason. It is a team with two 6'8" forwards leading in rebounding...and its guards lead in scoring. Could be interesting as their guards are 6'3 and 6'5...so 'Cuse will not have a height advantage in back court. VT does have two centers listed as 6'10 and 7'0

The game should be closer than the first 4 we have played so it will be interesting to see the following:
1. Can Melo and Keita and Christmas hold their own against competition of their size
2. How healthy is KJ...meaningful for season
3. Can Scoop and Triche perform well with Scoop being the play maker and Triche being aggressive scorer
4. What rotation will JB use...will the starting 5 play only 18-25 minutes or more
5. Does Dion get more than 20 minutes and if so who does he replace
6. Does MCW get 10 minutes
7. Who are the 6th and 7th players off the bench...Dion and Keita; Keita and CJ; Dion and CJ followed quickly by MCW?

I believe this is a 15-20 point win for 'Cuse...we are better scorers and play tougher defense...

...and be nice to start off putting VT and ACC on record as to how good 'Cuse is

They are young. The length of the zone/M2M will give them a lot of trouble. I don't think any team is as athletic as we are in the country, so there should be plenty of run outs. Game will come down to how well we run the 1/2 court offense.

I think C.J is the "6th" man but I believe JB will sub accordingly how the game goes.

Ex. If Melo starts of clueless look for Mbk to come right in.

Ex. If Triche or Jardine turn the ball over early, look for Dion to come in.

If the game is going smooth C.j will be the 1st to come of bench to replace Xmas.

Although I'm liking the multiple subs at once. Keep em fresh and hungry.

I would like for Southerland to get some good playing time. I think he's a match up problem for V Tech.

fixed it SUball

Lets imagine that JS keep this up and puts up numbers close to what he is putting up now, when was the last time a SU player took such an unexpected leap? In numbers and expectations.

Lets imagine that JS keep this up and puts up numbers close to what he is putting up now, when was the last time a SU player took such an unexpected leap? In numbers and expectations.

Maybe Nichols?

Wes Johnson

I'm looking for a guy completely off the radar...no one was talking about JS this off season. We were all worried about Dion and BT. Jimmy kept telling all us how good Wes was going to be and I think we all knew what Flynn was. I don't think anyone would have predicted JS to be what he is, and I do realize he may fade back to the bench but no chance if he keeps this up.

We have been pretty good at rebounding so far and think Fair will come up big for us this year as a rebounder. Big Southerland fan also.

Wes is interesting, but it's hard to count him because A) he played one year here, we had nothing to compare him to, and B) he was getting the buzz the year he sat out of being great.

Nichols went from being maybe the third guy in the offense as a junior to a BE POY contender his senior year. He was more of a contributor than JS last year, but he's going to reach a higher peak as well.

Couple players come to mind.

Deff Nichols But Rick Jackson made a major jump from his 1st two years I don't think many thought he could. Also Andy Rautins red shirting nd becoming a Major player for us.

Onuaku stepped up his senior year. Hurt or not he became a monster.

VT is 3-0 with an OT win against George Mason. It is a team with two 6'8" forwards leading in rebounding...and its guards lead in scoring. Could be interesting as their guards are 6'3 and 6'5...so 'Cuse will not have a height advantage in back court. VT does have two centers listed as 6'10 and 7'0

The game should be closer than the first 4 we have played so it will be interesting to see the following:
1. Can Melo and Keita and Christmas hold their own against competition of their size
2. How healthy is KJ...meaningful for season
3. Can Scoop and Triche perform well with Scoop being the play maker and Triche being aggressive scorer
4. What rotation will JB use...will the starting 5 play only 18-25 minutes or more
5. Does Dion get more than 20 minutes and if so who does he replace
6. Does MCW get 10 minutes
7. Who are the 6th and 7th players off the bench...Dion and Keita; Keita and CJ; Dion and CJ followed quickly by MCW?

I believe this is a 15-20 point win for 'Cuse...we are better scorers and play tougher defense...

...and be nice to start off putting VT and ACC on record as to how good 'Cuse is

1. Yes
2. We'll find out. Hopefully the rest has been good for him.
3. This is a key for our long term success, IMO.
4. I see all 10 players rotating in.
5. Very curious about this. I think he replaces Scoop 5 minutes in.
6. Yes
7. Keita and Dion.

Just my 2 cents

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors