Wagner Thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Wagner Thoughts

General20

Basketball Maven
I got to this a little late, but I wanted to write something about the game.

Syracuse came out running beautiful offensive sets. They did everything right except get the ball in the basket. It seemed like nine out of the first ten shots rolled around the rim and somehow bounced out.

To his credit, the Wagner coach noticed his defense being torched despite the score, and changed up what he was doing early before the shots started dropping. They started playing an aggressive zone where the guards come way out past the three point line and apply pressure with heavy man principles (kind of like the zone St. John's runs). Its a hard D to figure out because it looks like a zone but plays more like man to man and simulates a press because the defenders are set up to run at their men, so they have the momentum instead of the offense.

If you've never seen it before it can be confusing and last year against St. John's it was Scoop and Dion's job to break that zone down so nobody on our team really knew what to do at first.

Carter-Williams and Triche both tried taking it to the basket, like they did so successfully against San Diego St. This did not work at all as the Wagner big men (who were both pretty big at 6'11 and 6'8 and pretty athletic) aggressively attacked them and forced turnovers.

The only way to beat that kind of zone is for the guards to let their defender run at them, blow buy him, draw the big man, then dish it off to someone in the vacated area. SU never really got the hang of it until Boeheim was able to school them at half time. Once he did they came out and scored easily.

To his credit again, the Wagner coach noticed this before the damage was done and not after. Again he changed defense early in the half (he's only 28 or something like that and has the look of a bright young coach, somebody to keep your eye on).

At this point Wagner applied heavy man pressure on SU which is something I suspect a lot of teams will do this year. Syracuse absolutely torched it, scoring just about every time down court. This is a good sign. They guy guarding Carter-Williams was the defensive player of the year in his conference and SU choose to clear out, and let Carter-Williams beat the guy one on one and make something happen, which he did consistently, absolutely dominating Wagner singlehandedly.

Here are some player break downs with less commentary on how they played in this game and more of a commentary on what they do that will work/not work against major competition.

Carter-Williams - In this game he had more turnovers than you want, but forget about that. A couple came early before he knew what to do against Wagner's funky zone, and he got his pocket picked twice by Wagner's defensive player of the year guard. Normally you'd be worried about your point guard getting his pocket picked twice, but those were literally the only two times he didn't singlehandedly break down Wagner's defense and find somebody for an open lay up. He abused his defender and made it look easy, if he lost focus a few times I wont blame him. The only downside for him in this game was his outside shot which wasn't falling. I hope to see improvement in this area going forward. Other than that, the early returns on Carter-Williams are fantastic.

Triche - Quite simply, he's the best player on our team right now. His three's didnt fall, but everything else, including pull up jumpers, did. Like Carter-Williams he made a couple turnovers attacking Wagner's D the wrong way early, but was flawless there after.

Fair - He is clearly trying to drive the lane more. Against San Diego St. he was able to do this remarkably well against their best and most athletic player who was smaller than him. This Wagner team had quick hands though. Fair was not able to drive to the basket with any success against the 6'4 guard who was defending him. That is something to keep an eye on. How he plays against quicker defenders now that he is out on the perimeter offensively. He would have been far better in this game playing the way he did last year, patrolling the baseline looking for garbage points and mid range shots, but that's not his role anymore. He is going to have to find a comfort zone somewhere against teams that play three guards (one of which will be on him). The answer, perhaps, is for Syracuse not to play Christmas and Fair at the two forward spots against three guard teams. Get Southerland in there to stretch the court and force a guard to go up against him (good luck getting a hand in his face), or follow Fair down low where Fair's height will be a benefit rather than a detriment.

Christmas - I continue to like how he plays. He is adequate on the wing of the zone, and right now is our best option at center. Coleman and Keita can intimidate teams like Wagner, but in the Big East Christmas is the only guy on SU's roster that will really intimidate opponents.

Coleman & Keita - In my opinion these two are directly competing for playing time. Obviously Keita had a great game, and Coleman had a terrible game, but I dont think that is a good indication of who will play more going forward. All of Keita's playing time and baskets came in the second half when Wagner was pressing SU. All of Keita's points were wide open lay-ups that Carter-Williams created for him. I'm pretty sure that in the same situation Coleman would have had the same results. Most of Coleman's playing time, though, came early in the first half when Syracuse was struggling to understand how to attack Wagner's zone. While Coleman is undeniably struggling, Syracuse is running plays for him, and not doing the same for Keita. That, to me, is telling. Coleman right now has one big problem. He is setting up too far away from the basket. By my count he caught the ball inside 5 feet three times. Once he scored his only basket of the game, and two other times he took hook shots that were beautiful and rolled around the rim only to fall out. I liked all three of those possessions. Every other time he caught the ball more than 5 feet from the basket, and every other time something bad happened. Help defense is killing him right now. In the future I hope Coleman will use his strength to fight for better position down low. If he does, I still think he wins the playing time battle with Keita. Its still too early to tell what will happen. and the contest is wide open.

Southerland - Did you notice how many different ways he scored in this game? Lets count them. 1) Jump Shot from three (2) mid range jump shot (3) drive past his defender and hit a floater (4) post up his defender (5) jump shot coming off a screen (6) dunk in traffic (7) free throws. My point here is, Southerland is the best pure scorer we have. I'm very excited about him going forward.

Cooney & Grant - In my mind the only way Cooney doesn't play is if Grant vastly outperforms him causing Southerland to move to guard. So, I see this as another battle for playing time. Unlike with Coleman and Keita, you could clearly see today that Cooney is the favored choice. Southerland did not play a minute of guard. Grant looked good, but he looks like what he is, a freshman - both physically and in his understanding of the zone. The big story of the day was Cooney's 6 steals. I'm not sure what to make of that. I will say that Cooney is tied with Triche for the shortest Orangeman at 6'4, but Triche's physical build makes him a much more impressive defensive presence. I still think teams will single out Conney as the guy they want to attack when he is in the game. Maybe, if his hands are as quick as they look that will turn out to be a benefit for Syracuse? This game could also turn out to be a complete aberration. We shall see.

One last note on SU. While the end product of their defense was good, I think its a long way away from where it needs to be. Wagner got way too many lay ups against the Syracuse zone. They did not try to go inside much because SU's height advantage intimidated them, but when they did, it usually worked. Better teams are not going to be intimidated by the likes of Coleman and Keita. They are going to go inside more and test Syracuse's bigs more. Right now I dont think they are up to the challenge. That will be something to keep a close eye on going forward.

This is really a top notch recap of the game! How many times did you watch it? Just curious

Fantastic post .. take your time .. these are well worth it!!

Nice recap.
Now some nits.
Coleman wasn't exactly intimidating Wagner. Yes, he had some nice moves and had his shots roll off the rim; on other occasions he was easily blocked or fumbled it away.
Keita in 11 minutes had 15 points and 5 rebounds. He has vastly improved his ability to catch the ball and finish, usually with a simple bank shot. Very efficient. Not likely he will be losing his playing time.
CJ was driving effectively -- but he wasn't getting the roll on shots he would normally make.
JS was the first sub, for DC, and SU went with its smaller line-up for most of the time when DC was out. We saw a lot of that against Wagner. You seem to be saying JB should do that -- seems like he is ahead of you.
I know JS was not playing guard (on defense); on offense, he gets half his points from the top and almost seems to interchange with the SG. We have some combinations with bigger guards who can score inside (BT can be very effective, and MCW should be once he settles down), and JS who has 3 point range from the top.
People keep wanting to project Grant against Cooney for playing time. The fortunate thing is that this team will have several easy games and both will get chances as they did against Wagner. Grant can contribute -- rebounds and inside finishes. In the real tough games to come (Arkansas, Temple -- then Louisville, Georgetown), you won't see a lot of either Cooney or Grant.

Nice recap.
Now some nits.
Coleman wasn't exactly intimidating Wagner. Yes, he had some nice moves and had his shots roll off the rim; on other occasions he was easily blocked or fumbled it away. ...

Finally got a chance to re-watch the game, and I have to agree with that. It's true that Coleman needs to establish position closer to the block. But it's not true that he'll be all set if he gets better position and has better luck with shots not rolling off the rim. He's got a fundamental problem in that low release point.

Even on his first look - which had to be as clean as any he saw - he got some space and put up a nice shot, but he was interfered with (either tipped or fouled). If he shoots high, the defender doesn't touch the arm/ball. With that shot-put style, though, he's going to have difficulty getting the ball to drop. As we saw against Bloomsburg, players of all sizes and ability levels will block the shot of a center whose release point is at chin level.

Combine that with a propensity to put the ball on the deck, and points are going to be hard to come by.

I got to this a little late, but I wanted to write something about the game.

Syracuse came out running beautiful offensive sets. They did everything right except get the ball in the basket. It seemed like nine out of the first ten shots rolled around the rim and somehow bounced out.

To his credit, the Wagner coach noticed his defense being torched despite the score, and changed up what he was doing early before the shots started dropping. They started playing an aggressive zone where the guards come way out past the three point line and apply pressure with heavy man principles (kind of like the zone St. John's runs). Its a hard D to figure out because it looks like a zone but plays more like man to man and simulates a press because the defenders are set up to run at their men, so they have the momentum instead of the offense.

If you've never seen it before it can be confusing and last year against St. John's it was Scoop and Dion's job to break that zone down so nobody on our team really knew what to do at first.

Carter-Williams and Triche both tried taking it to the basket, like they did so successfully against San Diego St. This did not work at all as the Wagner big men (who were both pretty big at 6'11 and 6'8 and pretty athletic) aggressively attacked them and forced turnovers.

The only way to beat that kind of zone is for the guards to let their defender run at them, blow buy him, draw the big man, then dish it off to someone in the vacated area. SU never really got the hang of it until Boeheim was able to school them at half time. Once he did they came out and scored easily.

To his credit again, the Wagner coach noticed this before the damage was done and not after. Again he changed defense early in the half (he's only 28 or something like that and has the look of a bright young coach, somebody to keep your eye on).

At this point Wagner applied heavy man pressure on SU which is something I suspect a lot of teams will do this year. Syracuse absolutely torched it, scoring just about every time down court. This is a good sign. They guy guarding Carter-Williams was the defensive player of the year in his conference and SU choose to clear out, and let Carter-Williams beat the guy one on one and make something happen, which he did consistently, absolutely dominating Wagner singlehandedly.

Here are some player break downs with less commentary on how they played in this game and more of a commentary on what they do that will work/not work against major competition.

Carter-Williams - In this game he had more turnovers than you want, but forget about that. A couple came early before he knew what to do against Wagner's funky zone, and he got his pocket picked twice by Wagner's defensive player of the year guard. Normally you'd be worried about your point guard getting his pocket picked twice, but those were literally the only two times he didn't singlehandedly break down Wagner's defense and find somebody for an open lay up. He abused his defender and made it look easy, if he lost focus a few times I wont blame him. The only downside for him in this game was his outside shot which wasn't falling. I hope to see improvement in this area going forward. Other than that, the early returns on Carter-Williams are fantastic.

Triche - Quite simply, he's the best player on our team right now. His three's didnt fall, but everything else, including pull up jumpers, did. Like Carter-Williams he made a couple turnovers attacking Wagner's D the wrong way early, but was flawless there after.

Fair - He is clearly trying to drive the lane more. Against San Diego St. he was able to do this remarkably well against their best and most athletic player who was smaller than him. This Wagner team had quick hands though. Fair was not able to drive to the basket with any success against the 6'4 guard who was defending him. That is something to keep an eye on. How he plays against quicker defenders now that he is out on the perimeter offensively. He would have been far better in this game playing the way he did last year, patrolling the baseline looking for garbage points and mid range shots, but that's not his role anymore. He is going to have to find a comfort zone somewhere against teams that play three guards (one of which will be on him). The answer, perhaps, is for Syracuse not to play Christmas and Fair at the two forward spots against three guard teams. Get Southerland in there to stretch the court and force a guard to go up against him (good luck getting a hand in his face), or follow Fair down low where Fair's height will be a benefit rather than a detriment.

Christmas - I continue to like how he plays. He is adequate on the wing of the zone, and right now is our best option at center. Coleman and Keita can intimidate teams like Wagner, but in the Big East Christmas is the only guy on SU's roster that will really intimidate opponents.

Coleman & Keita - In my opinion these two are directly competing for playing time. Obviously Keita had a great game, and Coleman had a terrible game, but I dont think that is a good indication of who will play more going forward. All of Keita's playing time and baskets came in the second half when Wagner was pressing SU. All of Keita's points were wide open lay-ups that Carter-Williams created for him. I'm pretty sure that in the same situation Coleman would have had the same results. Most of Coleman's playing time, though, came early in the first half when Syracuse was struggling to understand how to attack Wagner's zone. While Coleman is undeniably struggling, Syracuse is running plays for him, and not doing the same for Keita. That, to me, is telling. Coleman right now has one big problem. He is setting up too far away from the basket. By my count he caught the ball inside 5 feet three times. Once he scored his only basket of the game, and two other times he took hook shots that were beautiful and rolled around the rim only to fall out. I liked all three of those possessions. Every other time he caught the ball more than 5 feet from the basket, and every other time something bad happened. Help defense is killing him right now. In the future I hope Coleman will use his strength to fight for better position down low. If he does, I still think he wins the playing time battle with Keita. Its still too early to tell what will happen. and the contest is wide open.

Southerland - Did you notice how many different ways he scored in this game? Lets count them. 1) Jump Shot from three (2) mid range jump shot (3) drive past his defender and hit a floater (4) post up his defender (5) jump shot coming off a screen (6) dunk in traffic (7) free throws. My point here is, Southerland is the best pure scorer we have. I'm very excited about him going forward.

Cooney & Grant - In my mind the only way Cooney doesn't play is if Grant vastly outperforms him causing Southerland to move to guard. So, I see this as another battle for playing time. Unlike with Coleman and Keita, you could clearly see today that Cooney is the favored choice. Southerland did not play a minute of guard. Grant looked good, but he looks like what he is, a freshman - both physically and in his understanding of the zone. The big story of the day was Cooney's 6 steals. I'm not sure what to make of that. I will say that Cooney is tied with Triche for the shortest Orangeman at 6'4, but Triche's physical build makes him a much more impressive defensive presence. I still think teams will single out Conney as the guy they want to attack when he is in the game. Maybe, if his hands are as quick as they look that will turn out to be a benefit for Syracuse? This game could also turn out to be a complete aberration. We shall see.

One last note on SU. While the end product of their defense was good, I think its a long way away from where it needs to be. Wagner got way too many lay ups against the Syracuse zone. They did not try to go inside much because SU's height advantage intimidated them, but when they did, it usually worked. Better teams are not going to be intimidated by the likes of Coleman and Keita. They are going to go inside more and test Syracuse's bigs more. Right now I dont think they are up to the challenge. That will be something to keep a close eye on going forward.

This was the single biggest thing I took from the game. That was the first time I've ever seen Southerland score without it being a catch and shoot 3, or a fast break dunk.

I've said over and over again that if he ever learns to put the ball on the ground and create some of his own scoring opportunities, he could end up getting drafted due to his massive length, shooting ability, and athleticism.

I'm just cautiously optimistic because we've seen him get hot against weaker competition every year, but if he can get it done in a variety of ways against some of the better teams on our schedule, his improved play could be the biggest development of the year for us.

This was the single biggest thing I took from the game. That was the first time I've ever seen Southerland score without it being a catch and shoot 3, or a fast break dunk.

I've said over and over again that if he ever learns to put the ball on the ground and create some of his own scoring opportunities, he could end up getting drafted due to his massive length, shooting ability, and athleticism.

I'm just cautiously optimistic because we've seen him get hot against weaker competition every year, but if he can get it done in a variety of ways against some of the better teams on our schedule, his improved play could be the biggest development of the year for us.

Good to see him score in a diversity of ways; he was also unusually unselfish - looked a dish a couple times when he had an open shot.

James skill set is unquestioned but he has never shown a great feel for the game. I have always thought he needed to play more, not necessarily that JB should have played him more but that his feel for the game will only improve from playing. Pick-up; summer league; whatever he just needs to play. CJ is the opposite his skill set is not great and in fact is very basic, but he has a wonderful feel for the game and you can tell he has played a ton of pick-up. (see him performance in SDSU game) It is great to have both guys on the same team because their games complement each others.

That said if you are not going to start them both and you are going to start Rak and DC2 James is the better choice. James is a better small forward CJ is a better power forward. It is not like bringing Dion of the bench last year that worked because the starting line-up was very balanced with Kris at small forward. It worked in 2010 because Wes was able to space the floor giving Ricky and AO the room to work. Whose game is more similar to Wes' game James' or CJ's?

Teams are going to force CJ to shoot because they know he can drive. Teams are going to force James to drive because they know he can shoot. So when the play is called for DC2 or Rak the help defense will always be further away with James in the game than CJ.

James skill set is unquestioned but he has never shown a great feel for the game. I have always thought he needed to play more, not necessarily that JB should have played him more but that his feel for the game will only improve from playing. Pick-up; summer league; whatever he just needs to play. CJ is the opposite his skill set is not great and in fact is very basic, but he has a wonderful feel for the game and you can tell he has played a ton of pick-up. (see him performance in SDSU game) It is great to have both guys on the same team because their games complement each others.

That said if you are not going to start them both and you are going to start Rak and DC2 James is the better choice. James is a better small forward CJ is a better power forward. It is not like bringing Dion of the bench last year that worked because the starting line-up was very balanced with Kris at small forward. It worked in 2010 because Wes was able to space the floor giving Ricky and AO the room to work. Whose game is more similar to Wes' game James' or CJ's?

Teams are going to force CJ to shoot because they know he can drive. Teams are going to force James to drive because they know he can shoot. So when the play is called for DC2 or Rak the help defense will always be further away with James in the game than CJ.

I agree with this, and another reason I've always favored Fair coming off the bench is that I feel like he is more apt to play SF OR PF, so he can come in for whoever gets off to a slow start/whatever Boeheim wants to do. I don't think Southerland is really a good PF. Too perimeter oriented.

I still disagree with you on the competition between Keita and DC2 - I think all three bigs will play in regular rotation, the ability of Rak and Dajuan to play both spots helps spread the minutes around. Keita will be on the short end of the minutes stick because he can only play the 5, so I think in conference play it is going to normalize at around 30-25-20, with the other ~5 going to times when JB has Fair & Dirty playing both forward spots.

Other than that, great take as per usual.

Teams cannot force JS to drive. He is too long and his vertical is too high for atypical small forward to shut down his J. The J will almost always be there for him.

I agree with the premise that James on the floor will open up the inside more than CJ. And doing that with Wes, with Ricky and AO in the middle, worked. The only potential problem I see with JS opening up things similar to the Wes/Ricky/AO period is...can Rak and DJ come close to being as efficient on offense as Ricky and AO? I hope so, but I doubt it.

I agree with the premise that James on the floor will open up the inside more than CJ. And doing that with Wes, with Ricky and AO in the middle, worked. The only potential problem I see with JS opening up things similar to the Wes/Ricky/AO period is...can Rak and DJ come close to being as efficient on offense as Ricky and AO? I hope so, but I doubt it.

I'm not sure but at the end of the day CJ will be in there most of the time and starting Rak and DC2 especially in the OOC will help their development, which is important come tournament time.

This is really a top notch recap of the game! How many times did you watch it? Just curious

Just once. I used to like to watch every game twice but that went out the window with my bachelorhood.

Nice recap.
Now some nits.
Coleman wasn't exactly intimidating Wagner. Yes, he had some nice moves and had his shots roll off the rim; on other occasions he was easily blocked or fumbled it away.

When I pointed out that Coleman (and Keita) were intimidating Wagner, I meant defensively, not offensively. They hardly went inside even though the few times they did were successful. In my book that's intimidation. My point being that SU's interior defense has looked a lot better so far than it really is, and its one thing that needs to improve. Offensively, I agree with you, Coleman intimidates nobody yet.

Keita in 11 minutes had 15 points and 5 rebounds. He has vastly improved his ability to catch the ball and finish, usually with a simple bank shot. Very efficient. Not likely he will be losing his playing time.

I think the vast majority of fans agree with you here. I'm not sold that Keita has a place on this team in close games at the end of the year. I think its more like 50/50 that he earns that PT.

CJ was driving effectively -- but he wasn't getting the roll on shots he would normally make.

He wasn't making shots, and if memory serves he had 2 or 3 turnovers driving to the basket and getting ripped. That is too many for him, and a far cry from dominating Franklin from San Diego St. who is a borderline All American. I think Fair will have some problems with smaller quicker players when he is teamed up with Christmas.

JS was the first sub, for DC, and SU went with its smaller line-up for most of the time when DC was out. We saw a lot of that against Wagner. You seem to be saying JB should do that -- seems like he is ahead of you.

No doubt about that. I'm proud that I can keep up with his thinking a small amount of the time.

I know JS was not playing guard (on defense); on offense, he gets half his points from the top and almost seems to interchange with the SG. We have some combinations with bigger guards who can score inside (BT can be very effective, and MCW should be once he settles down), and JS who has 3 point range from the top.

Great point. Having him and Fair who is a real threat to hit threes now opens up a lot of room for Carter-Williams and Triche down low. Wish Waiters had that much room to operate under the basket last year.

People keep wanting to project Grant against Cooney for playing time. The fortunate thing is that this team will have several easy games and both will get chances as they did against Wagner. Grant can contribute -- rebounds and inside finishes. In the real tough games to come (Arkansas, Temple -- then Louisville, Georgetown), you won't see a lot of either Cooney or Grant.

I'm pretty much sold on not seeing much of Grant, but I think Cooney has the opportunity to earn ten to twenty minutes a game. We wont know for sure until the Arkansas game.
'

I still disagree with you on the competition between Keita and DC2 - I think all three bigs will play in regular rotation, the ability of Rak and Dajuan to play both spots helps spread the minutes around. Keita will be on the short end of the minutes stick because he can only play the 5, so I think in conference play it is going to normalize at around 30-25-20, with the other ~5 going to times when JB has Fair & Dirty playing both forward spots.

Other than that, great take as per usual.

Yep we seem to agree on most things, but not this.

If the minutes are distributed as you think that means 35 minutes per game will have to be played by one of the three at the forward position (there only 40 minutes to give at center). That only leaves 45 minutes for Fair and Southerland to split, which gives them 25 and 20 minutes a game respectively. I think they will both be on the court a lot more than that, and I dont think either will be playing guard.

I'm looking for Fair and Southerland to both earn around 3o minutes a game. Leaving 20 forward minutes to burn. I also think all 20 of those minutes will be taken by Christmas. I dont think either Coleman or Keita can play the wing.

Figure Christmas is on the court for about 30 minutes in close games where he is not in foul trouble, and that means he plays 10 minutes at the center position leaving 30 center minutes open.

Its possible that those 3o minutes will be split between Coleman and Keita, but if I know Boeheim he will settle on a preferred option and give that option all 30 minutes rather than splitting it up.

Yep we seem to agree on most things, but not this.

If the minutes are distributed as you think that means 35 minutes per game will have to be played by one of the three at the forward position (there only 40 minutes to give at center). That only leaves 45 minutes for Fair and Southerland to split, which gives them 25 and 20 minutes a game respectively. I think they will both be on the court a lot more than that, and I dont think either will be playing guard.

I'm looking for Fair and Southerland to both earn around 3o minutes a game. Leaving 20 forward minutes to burn. I also think all 20 of those minutes will be taken by Christmas. I dont think either Coleman or Keita can play the wing.

Figure Christmas is on the court for about 30 minutes in close games where he is not in foul trouble, and that means he plays 10 minutes at the center position leaving 30 center minutes open.

Its possible that those 3o minutes will be split between Coleman and Keita, but if I know Boeheim he will settle on a preferred option and give that option all 30 minutes rather than splitting it up.
You seem to be knowledgeable about basketball... what is your background?

You seem to be knowledgeable about basketball... what is your background?

My basketball background is not much to speak of. Its mostly just growing up in Syracuse and paying close attention to the team.

[quote="General20, post: 419397, member:

Its possible that those 3o minutes will be split between Coleman and Keita, but if I know Boeheim he will settle on a preferred option and give that option all 30 minutes rather than splitting it up.[/quote]

I was 100% with you until this point DC2 won't play more than 20-25mins tops. He is in great condition but not 30mins a game condition. Plus you can't press when he is in the game Keita will get 10mins per when it is all said and done.

My basketball background is not much to speak of. Its mostly just growing up in Syracuse and paying close attention to the team.
did you play? You know basketball, like i know hockey (grew up breathing it). which is why i am years behind breaking down plays... but i am getting better.

I think our strength is going to prove to be our three big men, and therefore CJ, James or both are going to play a little less than most anticipate.

did you play? You know basketball, like i know hockey (grew up breathing it). which is why i am years behind breaking down plays... but i am getting better.

Yea I played all growing up, but never good enough to play at any kind of high level. But you are right, basketball was a big part of my childhood. My best friend's dad worked at the Dome and I spent a lot of time there as a kid watching games.

I think our strength is going to prove to be our three big men, and therefore CJ, James or both are going to play a little less than most anticipate.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

In that scenario I hope Southerland plays more than Fair to stretch defenses out. Who do you see playing more of those two?