Waiters breaks Hardway's ankles! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Waiters breaks Hardway's ankles!

I think Dion's problem is that he's an stupid, selfish, and has no self awareness.

At least that's the impression I get, if the the truth is to the contrary, I could be persuaded.
I think his problem is he has a terrible coach.

I think his problem is he has a terrible coach.

There is probably something to that; Brown is supposed to be a defensive coach, and they are terrible defensively this year; 21st in the league.
But this is also his second year with a true shooting% below 50. At some point, that's gotta be on him.

I think Dion's problem is that he's an stupid, selfish, and has no self awareness.

At least that's the impression I get, if the the truth is to the contrary, I could be persuaded.

Wow that is pretty horrible thing to say about a guy who was a major part of getting us to #1 in the nation, had a dream season destroyed by another team mates selfishness and despite being a lottery pick, never got to start a single game for us. In many ways Dion is the least selfish player we have ever had. I strongly condemn your statement about him.

There is probably something to that; Brown is supposed to be a defensive coach, and they are terrible defensively this year; 21st in the league.
But this is also his second year with a true shooting% below 50. At some point, that's gotta be on him.
The bigger problem is that Brown can't lead a team.

Wow that is pretty horrible thing to say about a guy who was a major part of getting us to #1 in the nation, had a dream season destroyed by another team mates selfishness and despite being a lottery pick, never got to start a single game for us. In many ways Dion is the least selfish player we have ever had. I strongly condemn your statement about him.

I think there might be a reason why he didn't start, and at one point JB didn't want him back. From the sounds of things our of Cleveland his "transformation" was temporary.

From what I've heard his treatment of Triche was sort of Incognito.

His brief interview last night was startling.

I'm not sure what Fab's issues have to do with anything.

The bigger problem is that Brown can't lead a team.

You might be right; the Cavs are a dumpster fire right now. He was ok with the Cavs, but then again, he had Lebron.

Not sure that is why Dion is shooting 41% from the field though

You might be right; the Cavs are a dumpster fire right now. He was ok with the Cavs, but then again, he had Lebron.

Not sure that is why Dion is shooting 41% from the field though
Dion closed out his rookie year really well. I think Brown messed him up. I genuinely do.

Interestingly, I don't agree with 1 thing in this post.

I love CJ as much as the next guy and I understand he is just a different style player than Dion, but to claim that CJ doesn't have stretches in games where he disappears because he plays soft is looking at it with Orange colored glasses. Particularly on defense. Dion had stretches where his swagger cost both himself and the team so he's not immune to some criticism as well. I'm not attacking the CJ, i'm just stating my opinion that if he had a killer instinct in his head similar to what Dion just displayed in that video then the sky is the limit for CJ.

I always open to people making constructive criticism about Orange basketball players both active and former, but derogatory vitriolic character assassination has no place on this forum. And if you in fact do have such a sour distaste for a Syracuse player, 1. Some things are better left unspoken/ unwritten 2. There are lot of other teams that you can go cheer for.

Last edited:
I love CJ as much as the next guy and I understand he is just a different style player than Dion, but to claim that CJ doesn't have stretches in games where he disappears because he plays soft is looking at it with Orange colored glasses. Particularly on defense. Dion had stretches where his swagger cost both himself and the team so he's not immune to some criticism as well. I'm not attacking the CJ, i'm just stating my opinion that if he had a killer instinct in his head similar to what Dion just displayed in that video then the sky is the limit for CJ.

It most certainly is not. CJ might not have the same alpha scorer mentality that Dion did--no argument there--but that doesn't equate to him being "soft."

Damn... that was an impressive stretch of shooting, for BOTH players. I don't care if it was an all-star game setting or not.

Dion is going to be a great pro. Impressive.
Dion is a good pro but he will never be great until he learns to control his emotions. Cleveland doesn't want to trade him just because they need a better player.

I always open to people making constructive criticism about Orange basketball players both active and former, but derogatory vitriolic character assassination has no place on this forum. And if you in fact to have such a sour distaste for a Syracuse player, 1. Some things are better left unspoken/ unwritten 2. There are lot of other teams that you can go cheer for.
Preach! Amazing how some people feel that they can just call somebody that they have never met stupid smh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom