Waiters to Philly or Chicago? | Syracusefan.com

Waiters to Philly or Chicago?

the ultimate source for the story is Bleacher Report, so take it with several grains of salt . . . but the notion that Dion would rather be the best player on a bad team than a role player on a team that still hopes to make the playoffs does not surprise me in the least.

Dion came off the bench as a spark plug for a reason. He may not have thought it was in his best interests but I bet JB knew it was best for not only Dion but the team. There were lessons to be learned. Had hoped he learned them.

The daily trade rumors with Dion over the past few weeks have become so comical that I take everything with a grain of salt until a move actually gets made. Either the Cavs or somebody from Dion's camp are continuously dropping these leaks hoping that something will happen sooner than later. Dion has actually been playing very well off the bench as of late but obviously the combo with Uncle Drew just won't work out in the long term.

Non-denial, denial:
Asked directly if he wants out or has asked to be traded, Waiters said, "Why would I do that? It makes no sense. This is the team that drafted me. People come up with their own things, man.''
In fact, he has been playing well and the team was 5-5 in the last 10 games before Tuesday, so it would seem things were going well.
"Yeah,'' he said. "I'm happy. I'm comfortable. Got a nice pool table, been playing pool. I don't know what's going on. It is what it is.''
He did say he was tired of repeatedly having to deny reports about his unhappiness.
"Dion this. Dion that," he said. "At the end of the day, there's nothing I can do. They keep coming up with these stories that I have no idea about. But they're got to write about something. I don't know (why) Dion's the topic of the conversation every time.''

OK, so I'm an Orange junkie and a Cav's fan. Having watched enough Cav's, I can tell you that Dion is the real deal on the court. He's not suited to sharing the ball with Kyrie and it is why he's done so well of late playing with the second unit. You saw him get to the rack at will against collegians. He's doing the same thing against the pro's.
He will be an all-star and if I were him, I'd want to be the first option too.

please not philly. we've finally got a good thing going with mcw sitting. we don't need dion putting up 40 because nobody else has the ball. the goal is to LOSE! we got tony wroten, who's a poor mans dion. that's enough for this year.

I don't think adding Dion would allow Philly to emerge for playoffs. It's about adding another young/dynamic player to your lineup, who can be an asset in the right system. I have no clue if it would work in Philly, but it couldn't be worse than Cleveland.

I don't think adding Dion would allow Philly to emerge for playoffs. It's about adding another young/dynamic player to your lineup, who can be an asset in the right system. I have no clue if it would work in Philly, but it couldn't be worse than Cleveland.
i don't care about playoffs. i want the worst record...and i don't think dion adds anything for the system they're building. maybe once it's built but not now.