Wake Forest at Miami - attendance problems solved | Syracusefan.com

Wake Forest at Miami - attendance problems solved

chakka3421

All Conference
Couple of points in case your interested in watching:

1. ESPNUHD at noon 370 TWC
2. Miami does a nice job advertising game around town - from a friend living there and going to game
3. Game is almost sold out given Miami Universities "operation sellout" - 3,500 tickets left in 76,000 seat stadium - support given by whole University to get kids to attend (much better than what goes on up on the hill) than just leaving Athletic Dept on its own
4. Rocking tailgate scene compared to SU - except for the legend of Fine Lot (never visited so rumored to be true for me)

Observation - winning simply takes care of and cures attendance problems plain and simple i.e. Miami - Miami had major attendance problems until this season but now that they are undefeated and ranked #7 guess who is back - the casual fan - they will or be very close to a sellout against a middle of the pack Wake Forest team at today's noon game (btw, noon games are better for Miami due to weather conditions there).

I know that I have been critical of SU marketing - which I think can be greatly improved organizationally (including full University support to increase attendance) and without spending a lot of money - but for SU like Miami it will really come down to winning on a regular basis to bring back the casual fan.

miami game one 50k.
game 2 florida 76k,
game 3 42k,
game 4 47k

with 2 sellouts, one caused by Fl fans and one by a total give away 80% tickets sold..

we are at 78% for our home games..

Not sure about operation sellout. Looks like there are about 5000 people there right before kickoff.

Not attendance related, there attendance looks awful..again, but Wake Forest line splits? Couldn't we just blitz the **** out of them. No way they can have adequate blitz pickup out of those splits.

Not attendance related, there attendance looks awful..again, but Wake Forest line splits? Couldn't we just blitz the **** out of them. No way they can have adequate blitz pickup out of those splits.

Probably a stupid question but why is Miami lining up head on with those splits?

Three cheers for the Miami marketing department! :rolleyes:

ESPN is doing a nice job avoiding all those empty seats.

That stadium location is a massive mistake.

Its kind of like a Chiefs game. Lots of tickets distributed, nobody in the stands.

Too much else to do in Miami.

Nobody really draws other than Lebron I guess.

Notorious for empty seats, just like the marlins.

Forget the seats for a second, wake forest is a solid squad. There are no guaranteed wins the rest of the way, I can tell you that. We need to come out and play smart football.

Forget the seats, Wake is winning at the half. It could be another long day for the orange next Saturday.

Watching the Canes WRs make plays just shows how crucial playmaking receivers are to an offense. The drive before the half which they got a TD on would have never been if not for a one handed catch and the first drive of the second half is extended by a WR adjusting to a ball throwin behind him and still maintaining himself for a first down.

I hope i never see another attendance thread about the Dome again after watching this joke. There is NOBODY at this game and Miami is #7 in the country. And don't be fooled by the Orange seats as there is nobody sitting in them. A pure ghost town.

What's up? This makes a Dome crowd look unbelievable. What.

Michael Campanaro may be the most underrated player in the county, he'd start for literally every D1 program in America. Very impressive player.

Miami has never had good attendance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our coaching staff better have a plan to limit him. He's clearly Price's binky.

Also, while it's nice that Golden wants to wear a shirt and tie during games, it would look classier if he wasn't a sweaty mess.

The whole ACC has attendance problems, just another reason why we are a perfect fit Oh Lord

Besides Clemson, VT, and most of the time FSU, nobody regularly has an 80% full stadium.

Curious to see if Chakka comes back to admit that Miami's "Operation Sellout" was a steaming pile of crap.

It's great to see a guy with all the solutions for Syracuse marketing get exposed for the know-nothing blowhard he is.

I like this Miami team. They might get smoked by FSU next week but they look like the type of team we could become once we get a talent infusion.

Curious to see if Chakka comes back to admit that Miami's "Operation Sellout" was a steaming pile of crap.

It's great to see a guy with all the solutions for Syracuse marketing get exposed for the know-nothing blowhard he is.

Dude couldn't have been more wrong. Was he joking?

Wow that place is empty for a tight finish and the #7 ranked team.

Gotto think the Dome would be sold out and nobody would've left if that was our scenario.