Wake Forest coach charged in deadly Queens attack on tourist | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Wake Forest coach charged in deadly Queens attack on tourist

I mean, you could apply that same logic to literally any situation in history where a person went to jail and didn’t receive either life or the death penalty.

I think 3-5 yrs in a minimum security prison would be fair. 1 yr isn’t , obviously nobody on here is talking about life, so silly to throw it out there as if it’s what the argument is about.

He also showed no emotion at the sentencing.

So there’s no nuance or grey area between this Wake coach and Jeffrey Dahmer?

Really? Are you arguing just because you’re bored? Lol

I think 3-5 yrs in a minimum security prison would be fair. 1 yr isn’t , obviously nobody on here is talking about life, so silly to throw it out there as if it’s what the argument is about.

He also showed no emotion at the sentencing.

How many months off should a defendant get for each tear?

nobody on here is talking about life, so silly to throw it out there as if it’s what the argument is about.

The point I was making is that there is a statistical chance that any person released from prison (aka everyone except people in jail for life) could possibly commit another crime. Prosecutors made educated guesses as to the likelihood of that based on all kinds of variables, and base sentencing off of that.

OK, you’re not getting it. I’m out.
just so you know, you never, never, say you're not getting it. You say, I'm not making myself clear. Having said that, I get it. I think you are very wrong. Because he couldn't stop himself, he hit someone. and that someone is dead. No one else's fault but his own. One year isn't enough. Should someone who kills someone in their car, while drunk only get a year? They certainly didn't intend to kill that person.

The point I was making is that there is a statistical chance that any person released from prison (aka everyone except people in jail for life) could possibly commit another crime. Prosecutors made educated guesses as to the likelihood of that based on all kinds of variables, and base sentencing off of that.
of course. And you always agree with the choices that Prosecutors make? No. Of course not. And neither do we in this case.

It's a joke from a King of the Hill episode when someone was pushing for max sentencing, a bit of a stretch...
Never watched one episode.

Manslaughter 1 in NYS = intent to cause serious physical injury + action results in death.
Manslaughter 2 = reckless action + result in death.

I don't do criminal law at all but so I'm not sure what case law says about the definition of "serious physical injury" but I can certainly see the argument that balling up your first and smashing it into someone's face meets that threshold.

E: My uneducated guess would be charge MS1 and hope for a plea or guilty verdict on MS2.

Absurd. Hope he has to wash dishes for the rest of his life then.

Absurd. Hope he has to wash dishes for the rest of his life then.
The sentencing in this country is so out of whack. I saw a female teacher get 30 years for having sex with a teenage boy. Okay. But you see the same thing get probation somewhere else. This guy killed someone.

I understand that. At no time was the intent to kill him though.
No one intends to kill people when drunk driving either. At least I don't think they do, but there's a chance it happens when you are stupid and do something dangerous though.

Last edited:
I understand that. At no time was the intent to kill him though.
Of course he didn't. If he did, the punishment would be 25 years to life or worse. He punched another person. He did intend to do that. And he killed that person. That is on him. Terrible injustice to the dead guy. There has to be some jail time. let's say someone doesn't like you. they see you. They walk up and punch you in the head. You hit your head on something and hit the ground. It wasn't the guys intention to kill you. but you are dead because he hit you. You don't think he deserves jail time? He is an adult and should have known better.

I'm not saying the guy should go away for 10 years or anything but 0 days in jail for punching someone and killing them is pretty wild. The entire situation is unfortunate. Having a BAC of .39 and being a danger to society is completely ridiculous too.

The sentencing in this country is so out of whack. I saw a female teacher get 30 years for having s e x with a teenage boy. Okay. But you see the same thing get probation somewhere else. This guy killed someone.
Where was that? Most female teachers get lighter sentences than make teachers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom