Wake forest helmet changes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wake forest helmet changes

Wow. A lot of animosity to putting Otto on the helmet. Just make him an angry Otto if he's not intimidating enough. That's been done more and more lately. Like it or not, right now he IS our mascot.

And about branding--he's one of the MOST identifiable mascots in college ball.

I definitely wouldn't mind the idea of putting an over-sized S on the helmet either, even though it's still just using the city and school's first initial.

Black matted helmets and all black uniforms? What the? The Rutgers unis are good?

My vote is for Wake to go with the white helmet and Deacon logo. I think it really works

Identified 99 out of 100 times as a punchline.

Probably true. Syracuse really needs to change the whole thing and identify with something that the city and/or state really epitomizes. Take away the fact that "Orange" has been the identifier for some time now, and when you think of Syracuse it would be far, far, far from the first thing, second thing, or third thing you would think about.

Here's an ESPN commercial from '97 where Otto and the Demon Deacon duke it out -- Otto has to be restrained he's such an animal:

Wow. A lot of animosity to putting Otto on the helmet. Just make him an angry Otto if he's not intimidating enough. That's been done more and more lately. Like it or not, right now he IS our mascot.

And about branding--he's one of the MOST identifiable mascots in college ball.

I definitely wouldn't mind the idea of putting an over-sized S on the helmet either, even though it's still just using the city and school's first initial.

Black matted helmets and all black uniforms? What the? The Rutgers unis are good?

My vote is for Wake to go with the white helmet and Deacon logo. I think it really works

I got together for the first 2 rounds of the NCAA's with a buddy (and poster) who'se father in law is from Croatia (spends some time in the states with them). He loves to bust balls and root against Syracuse just to get under our skin. When talking about the mascots here was his response (remember he's from Europe and doesnt really know much)..."You have a piece of fruit for a mascot"

Hard to argue. No Otto on the helmet please.

I got together for the first 2 rounds of the NCAA's with a buddy (and poster) who'se father in law is from Croatia (spends some time in the states with them). He loves to bust balls and root against Syracuse just to get under our skin. When talking about the mascots here was his response (remember he's from Europe and doesnt really know much)..."You have a piece of fruit for a mascot"

Hard to argue. No Otto on the helmet please.
Says it all IMHO

These look boring, to me. "Let's put the mascot on the helmet, and make it REAL big! Yeah!"

Matte black is tired and already played out. Rutgers unis are terrible. Maybe if they took the stupid scratchy stuff off of them they'd be passable.

The way I always look at it is, will this design be around in 5 years? Answer is 99% no. At least Oregon follows the "Our tradition is our Innovation" or whatever it is. But they can afford to ditch designs that don't work.

I think an over sized block S would look pretty sweet on the helmet
The current "S" already is over sized.

Last year's uni was fine. Switch out the conference patches and we're good.

Really sweet. Still don't understand why we can't put Otto on a helmet. Why do we have to be like every other collegiate institution and signify the university with a simple, no-thought initial?
That would really inspire awe and fear.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Good Lord. That Wake Forest helmet has Metro American Conference written all over it.