Wake two deep | Syracusefan.com

Wake two deep

Philip Thomas and Keon Lyn "ready to go. Ready to go."

That would be something.

Hope they aren't rushing back too soon. I view the WF game as a near "must win" to get the season on the right track, but I also don't want to risk either Thomas's or Lyn's long term recovery.

Like the NT rotation with Crume and Goggins, put in Goggins on passing downs and Crume as a run stopper. Hopefully Boatman can be serviceable this year.

Would have liked to see Dorian and Kobena returning kicks, PTG seemed too tentative whenever he got the ball back there last year.

Punting's going to be an issue, hopefully we aren't punting too much.

Think Marrone's trying to light a fire under Coker's ass with the Anene in the two deep.

Interesting that Foy made the two deep at O-line. I don't expect him to play though if the person ahead of him got injured, would probably just plug in Big Lou.

i like ptg back there returning kicks...i had the feeling everytime he got one he was always one broken tackle away from going the distance..only other player ive gotten that feeling from in years was mike jones.

i really really hope the oline stays healthy

i like ptg back there returning kicks...i had the feeling everytime he got one he was always one broken tackle away from going the distance..only other player ive gotten that feeling from in years was mike jones.

i really really hope the oline stays healthy
Always one broken tackle but he never broke that tackle. Dorian routinely made it to the 35/40 by his speed alone.

I hope he can break one this year but my money is on Kobena getting to the house before PTG.

Always one broken tackle but he never broke that tackle. Dorian routinely made it to the 35/40 by his speed alone.

I hope he can break one this year but my money is on Kobena getting to the house before PTG.

I think being one tackle away on a few occasions is a pretty good start for a kid that wasn't a heralded recruit and only played a handful of games at full health. With some extra rip, a year of experience, and (I'm assuming) improved ball security, PTG is a guy I would like to see out there first. I also have high hopes for Kobena, but he will get his chance to gain consistency and show his stuff as the year goes on.

PTG needs to hold on to the ball, hes puts it on the turf to often. Still were gonna need him this year and he looks to be in great shape. Not sure how I feel about DG being the third WR, I know his hands are somewhat improved but hes gotta show it in a game he could be the deep threat we really need.

Think Marrone's trying to light a fire under Coker's ass with the Anene in the two deep.

Hasn't Coker been hurt? And he was at the MIKE anyways.

Dom Anene might be listed at the WILL so the staff can redshirt Vigille if necessary.

Hasn't Coker been hurt? And he was at the MIKE anyways.

Dom Anene might be listed at the WILL so the staff can redshirt Vigille if necessary.
Pretty sure Coker was moved to OLB.

Like the NT rotation with Crume and Goggins, put in Goggins on passing downs and Crume as a run stopper. Hopefully Boatman can be serviceable this year.

Would have liked to see Dorian and Kobena returning kicks, PTG seemed too tentative whenever he got the ball back there last year.
emen
Punting's going to be an issue, hopefully we aren't punting too much.

Interesting that Foy made the two deep at O-line. I don't expect him to play though if the person ahead of him got injured, would probably just plug in Big Lou.

He list Foy, but always talks about when someone is out of the best 5 lineman is out, he cross trains so the #6 or #7 player comes in not #10 lineman.

I think being one tackle away on a few occasions is a pretty good start for a kid that wasn't a heralded recruit and only played a handful of games at full health. With some extra rip, a year of experience, and (I'm assuming) improved ball security, PTG is a guy I would like to see out there first. I also have high hopes for Kobena, but he will get his chance to gain consistency and show his stuff as the year goes on.

Graham was also one tackle away just about every time. But he got the ball out farther and didn't fumble. He's both faster and stronger. I'd prefer to see Graham and Kobena back there. Either could take it to the downs at any time.

I'm amazed Raupers beat out Fisher, (or anybpdy) after the spring game. I hope it's because he's greatly improved rather than Fisher stinking as much as Raupers did.

Graham was also one tackle away just about every time. But he got the ball out farther and didn't fumble. He's both fater and stronger. I'd prefer to see Graham and Kobena back there. Either could take it to the downs at any time.

I'm amazed Raupers beat out Fisher, (or anybpdy) after the spring game. I hope it's because he's greatly improved rather than Fisher stinking as much as Ruapers did.

I believe he gets his kicks off quicker

Suter was one where he was a threat to go all the way was that he hit the hole at full speed almost everytime.I think he was a freshmen A.A. who broke the N.C.A.A. return records that year

i liked suter too..youre also right he did break the ncaa return records that year..but he did it bc our d was god awful that year. so he had many kick off opportunities

Definitely got a better feeling with Graham returning kicks last year, looked smoother and always found the crease and got in it. PTG, although very fast and strong in his own right, seemed to have a tougher time with the KR duties. Not that he doesn't have the potential, just didn't have the same instincts IMO.

I like the way Graham and PTG have conflicting styles. Graham busted out of the gate and Gulley let the blockers set up before attempting a sharp cut. I'm not sure if one is better than the other, but I have to imagine if you had both guys back there it would give the kicking team one more thing to worry about.

PTG was very very very close to running the first one back again Akron last year. I like Gulley back there. I think he's going to surprise a lot of people this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom