Wake up people--it's gameday here in NYC!!! | Syracusefan.com

Wake up people--it's gameday here in NYC!!!

nycfan

2nd String
And the Brooklyn pre-game festivities should be spectacular with the football team playing Pitt at the same time! When we last left the pre-game bar thread last week the consensus seemed to point to McMahon's, as it had pretty much everything (most importantly the 15 TV's, a block from Barclay's, and a gigantic beer selection).

McMahon's Public House Brooklyn's Best Irish Bar Restaurant By Barclays

Who is in for Barclay's and the pre-game football watching?

And the Brooklyn pre-game festivities should be spectacular with the football team playing Pitt at the same time! When we last left the pre-game bar thread last week the consensus seemed to point to McMahon's, as it had pretty much everything (most importantly the 15 TV's, a block from Barclay's, and a gigantic beer selection).

Have a beer(or multiple) for me!(seriously, raise a toast for me!)

When I recently decided to work on my credit score by strategically acquiring credit cards to increase my available balance, Barclay's was one of the cards I went for. I have ambivalent feelings about the loan officer i did verbal jujitsu with over the phone. Anyhow, unlike many of you, that Barclay's word carries a totally different meaning to me, and it's not easy for me to avoid thinking of the credit world and all the BS that most people are lucky to not have as an association with that name! I mean it's not quite like having an arena named Monsanto, but I'm fairly certain some people can understand where I'm coming from...especially Wells Fargo customers. Do they have an arena too?

Have a beer(or multiple) for me!(seriously, raise a toast for me!)

When I recently decided to work on my credit score by strategically acquiring credit cards to increase my available balance, Barclay's was one of the cards I went for. I have ambivalent feelings about the loan officer i did verbal jujitsu with over the phone. Anyhow, unlike many of you, that Barclay's word carries a totally different meaning to me, and it's not easy for me to avoid thinking of the credit world and all the BS that most people are lucky to not have as an association with that name! I mean it's not quite like having an arena named Monsanto, but I'm fairly certain some people can understand where I'm coming from...especially Wells Fargo customers. Do they have an arena too?
Wells Fargo arena in Philly - home to the Sixers and Flyers.

Wells Fargo arena in Philly - home to the Sixers and Flyers.

Good grief. Shaking my head. Im sure their fans were not immune to the illegal/unethical deeds they did, and may have similar(worse) feelings about such names than I do. Seriously, when is Monsanto getting in on this? They could afford to sponsor an entire league named after them. Nature put me here, because nobody else was batting an eyelash at this, and it may be of some importance. Who can picture were this will go in a decade or 2, if the country is still capable of having sports?

Seriously reminds me of the line from Gladiator about the public can have anything done to them and not care, other than having their entertainment taken away. I love sports as much as anyone, but I cant be the only one who sees the sad irony here?

Not to ruin a festive thread though, I hope the OP continues their activities and gets absolutely hammered quickly to stay in the spirit, but in a safe way of course! :) I hope more people join him too!

be sure to tip barclay.

250px-Not_in_my_house_%28Modern_Family%29.jpg

I'll be there about an hour before the hoops game, depending on the subway. See you there.

I'll be there about an hour before the hoops game, depending on the subway. See you there.
Hope you are drinking and eating well. Have a drink for me. They don't list their beers or wines, but it's brunch time and there is only ONE POSSIBLE DRINK -THE ORANGE CRUSH!!! Down one for me and another for my new buddy Captain J.