Wake up, Syracuse Administration | Syracusefan.com

Wake up, Syracuse Administration

MadNY3

All American
After a brilliant migration to the ACC, very disappointing to see Nancy Cantor and whoever isn't doing their job in PR pour sourness on to the situation.

One, SU PR brain trust: you should have a communications plan in place to handle the situation on a national and local level, with the press, alumni and fans.

And Dearest Chancellor who HAS done much to improve local community ties: you don't tell the local newspaper about the migration of home games to NYC. You don't. You can think it, you perhaps schedule it in a couple years, but you absolute don't proclaim that's what you're going to do as if it manifest destiny this far out.

Then to have Boeheim and Gross comment in a different manner just makes the University look inconsistent and foolish at a time where it's trying to rally the fan base on football and fundraising levels.

Come on, SU...you're smarter than this. And if you're not, more than happy to give you some fundamental PR/brand lessons. Direct message me if you'd like.

you perhaps schedule it in a couple years

no, you dont. this was Syracuse's team long before anyone started calling it "New York's College Team". you don't rip it from its tradition in the name of security, then outsource it to NYC.

no, you dont. this was Syracuse's team long before anyone started calling it "New York's College Team". you don't rip it from its tradition in the name of security, then outsource it to NYC.

I understand that the university wants to replace the games that are being lost in the metro area (BET, St Johns, Rutgers, Seton Hall). That's a lot of games that are a very short distance away to a lot of influential alumni. Obviously there are ways to do it without playing league games there. However, as a Syracuse resident, would you rather see Syracuse play Georgia Tech in a league game at MSG and Yukon in a non league game at home, or vice versa. I think it all depends on the matchups.

I don't mind non-conference games being played anywhere they want, but I don't want to ever see a single SU conference home game played in NYC. That's what all the fuss has been about: home conference games. Non-conference games can and have been played in MSG plenty of times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom