Walk off own basket is going to give Florida State a win over Florida | Syracusefan.com

Walk off own basket is going to give Florida State a win over Florida

I can't stop laughing at this. What the heck was that dude doing?

Never saw an ending like that. Florida kid tips in the winning bucket on what was an FSU air ball with 0.4 left. That is just an excruciating loss for Florida.

Oh my, just saw the video. What the hell was he thinking? I mean there are legit accidents of this happening in games but the only thing he had to do was literally not tip the ball into the basket.

deadspin.com/florida-gator-beats-the-buzzer-on-his-own-basket-to-los-1676684454

actually, I think he sort of got hosed by that crazy bounce. Its reflex to jump for the rebound.. the ball seemed like it was going to be an airball but barely ticked the back board...he didnt actually reach for it...it found his hand by some miracle.

Looked more like he tried to grab it and whiffed, bouncing the ball up (then in).

I played on a competitive traveling soccer team as a kid, and I accidentally scored on my own goal once that ended up costing us the game (miscommunication between the goalie and I). I totally let down our huge, loyal fanbase of 30 parents, so I understand what this Florida player is feeling right now.

Last edited:
He went from hero to goat in .4 seconds. He made the key play to get the ball to Finney-Smith for the tying layup and then that happens. I feel terrible for him, I think his name is Kurtz.

he has to go after it, you cant let FSU tip it in. once it hit the backboard he was just unlucky.. add in he has to be careful since it was coming down that it wasnt going to be able to hit the rim on the fly since that would be goal tending..

I played on a competitive traveling soccer team as a kid, and I accidentally scored on my own goal once that ended up costing us the game (miscommunication between the goalie and I). I totally let down our huge, loyal fanbase of 30 parents, so I totally understand what this Florida player is feeling right now.

My god, man. It's nice to see you have gotten to the point where you can talk about this openly. You must have had a lot of support from friends and family. Hopefully that kid on the Gators does as well.

I think I speak for everyone when I say, if you ever need anything, we are all here for you. :)

upperdeck said:
he has to go after it, you cant let FSU tip it in. once it hit the backboard he was just unlucky.. add in he has to be careful since it was coming down that it wasnt going to be able to hit the rim on the fly since that would be goal tending..

He wasn't unlucky, he was uncoordinated. If he had Mike Rice whipping basketballs at him everyday in practice he would learn to catch those easy lobs. Kids are soft these days.

I do as well. In the past I have felt very bad about some of my posts, but I will have to remember this in the future to help me realize things could be worse.
“I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet” (aphorism)

In about 50 years, he'll be able to look back on this and laugh.

someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny. but now youre sad. your mama's mad. and your papa says he knows that i dont have any money. your papa says he knows that i dont have any money. oh your daddy says he knows that i dont have any money. well tell him this is his last chance to get his daughter in a fine romance. cuz the record company rosie just gave me a big advance!

“I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet” (aphorism)
"I cried because I embarrassed the $%^& out of myself and cost my team the game." (Jacob Kurtz)

It could be worse.
He could have called a timeout they didn't have and cost his team the NCAA tournament game against the defending national champions.

Col. Bleep said:
"I cried because I embarrassed the $%^& out of myself and cost my team the game." (Jacob Kurtz) It could be worse. He could have called a timeout they didn't have and cost his team the NCAA tournament game against the defending national champions.

20 year anniversary this march. I could see this team being an 8 seed and scaring the crap out of a 1seed in 2nd round.