Wanny and Fridge | Syracusefan.com

Wanny and Fridge

K

kingottoiii

They must be really pissed that their alma mater not only fired them but replaced them with guys who have sucked this year. HCRE is lucky that Miami had half of its team ineligible or he would be 1-6 with only a win over Towson.

Agreed.

Pitt and MD both made mistakes.

Wannstedt was continuing to gather talent and Fridge had just rebounded with a solid 9-4 season.

I'm pretty sure the Pitt AD fired Frank Solich at Neb following a 9-4 season.

Agreed. MD & Pitt made mistakes in getting rid of Fridge and Wanny IMO. It's not that I think they are fantastic coaches by any means but football program value (like stocks) are judged by perception these days. Fridge and Wanny had not yet hit junk status.

The jury is still out on me for Todd graham atm. It looks real bad but man those QB's they have are aweful imo so i wanna see year 3 before i make any assumption but edsall is a clown

The jury is still out on me for Todd graham atm. It looks real bad but man those QB's they have are aweful imo so i wanna see year 3 before i make any assumption but edsall is a clown

Agree. I don't think Wanny should have been fired. Not only did he recruit really well, but he also knew RBs like nobody's business. That said, the starting QB reminds me of former Cuse QBs in that he might have a good game, but then turn around and look like a child at times. Meanwhile the backup is only like 5'10", a true-frosh, and am I right that he is a walk-on? Gotta give him a few years.

Agree. I don't think Wanny should have been fired. Not only did he recruit really well, but he also knew RBs like nobody's business. That said, the starting QB reminds me of former Cuse QBs in that he might have a good game, but then turn around and look like a child at times. Meanwhile the backup is only like 5'10", a true-frosh, and am I right that he is a walk-on? Gotta give him a few years.

Clearly Wannstedt was never able to develope a QB at Pitt - that was his achilles heel.

I guess one could argue that the change in system at Pitt has made no real difference in enhancing the talent or play of the QB.

Agreed. MD & Pitt made mistakes in getting rid of Fridge and Wanny IMO. It's not that I think they are fantastic coaches by any means but football program value (like stocks) are judged by perception these days. Fridge and Wanny had not yet hit junk status.

Fridge had also just been voted ACC COY.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom