Warning Ticketmaster thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Warning Ticketmaster thread

Last point... Our uniquely huge hoops attendance hurts football attendance, especially given the vast difference in the current state of each program.

There is only so much time and disposable income to go around. If given the choice it only makes sense that people would prefer to buy tickets to see our perennial top 25, loaded with national stars, constant Final 4 threat hoops team over our struggling football team.

I know that affects distant alumni attendance. Most of my alum friends live 5+ hours away from Syracuse and if they're going to spend the money on travel, hotel, etc for a weekend it's likely to be for hoops over football. That the Dome can accommodate 35K for hoops compounds that dynamic.

Thanks to the very wise ticket sales person who is leaving us shortly, I became a new season ticket holder on the first day they went on sale, and he found me 2 seats right next to having to pay the premium. Section 129 Row J. I have sold them with no problem so far for both games with a slight profit. This week I think I sold then for $48. I think the reason mine are selling over the ticketmaster ones are that these sections are reasonable, but not $100 but close to the $100 seats. I partially did this to help fill the stadium and to show support for the program going forward, and with the hopes that in the future I will sell them for double for each game. I am a little surprised that they are going for the tickets sold by season ticket holders over those not sold at all.

I guaran damn tee you that if there was a massive parking lot / garage across the street from the Dome, attendance would be higher

People up here are lazy as and want curbside service.

I don't mind walking from Upstate garage to the party at hand, unfortunately many do

I think the issue is quite simply, well ... Syracuse. Unless someone grew up in Central NY or went to SU, there is little connection around NY to the University. And, there are less CNYers and Syracuse alumnae residing in Upstate NY then probably ever before.

IMO, consistent 40k crowds are a thing of the distant past. They should throw up orange and blue tarps in the upper corners corners. Change the ticket price points. And try to get an active, concentrated, 37k-38k crowd at each game.

The worst part of our attendance issue is that the Dome looks utterly weird. We get full end zones and large areas of empty space between the 30s. It's unlike every other stadium because of our bizarro pricing.

If 38K was packed between the 20s it'd look a million times better on TV.
why don't they use a tarp to cover up the empties as well?

they can make it their fav colour Grey as well.

It has nothing to do with money, parking, food, or bleachers. It has to do with the fact we have sucked for so long. People have come up for the first big game every year for 15 years only to watch us get blown out and see a sub par program take the field. Bottom line fix attendance by winning. Fool me once (grob) fool me twice (marrone) fool me three times (shafer). People just don't care anymore about Syracuse football. It's unfortunate but all they need to do is win and you'll have your crowd back.

30,000 #23 Wake
36,000 Northwestern State
26,000 Washington State
37,000 #1 Oklahoma
30,000 Iowa State

These are the attendance figures for Art Briles's first five games at Baylor. Their stadium was the same size as the Dome.

Hopefully Babers knows winning cures all. But as a fan base we have the rug pulled out from under us every time we get a little bit of hope.

In the off season SU needs to completely revamp it's pricing and donation structure. Every other program in the country seems to get people in the seats that show on TV. No reason we can't.

Something they should do for the Dome renovation is move the TV cameras to the opposite side of the Dome and reverse the turf. That would mean TV shows the home sideline (and the script Ernie Davis wouldn't be upside down for the cameras). Seems like the home side is always more full, plus that's the student section side. Would look tons better on TV.

Although hopefully by the time they'd be able to do that we're a top 25 program again averaging 44K and that problem is moot.

Something they should do for the Dome renovation is move the TV cameras to the opposite side of the Dome and reverse the turf. That would mean TV shows the home sideline (and the script Ernie Davis wouldn't be upside down for the cameras). Seems like the home side is always more full, plus that's the student section side. Would look tons better on TV.

Although hopefully by the time they'd be able to do that we're a top 25 program again averaging 44K and that problem is moot.
I think if they did that they would just cut out the script and move it to the other side of the field. It would be a monumental expense to flip the whole field since it's permanently installed. I agree that the home side of the stadium looks better than the away side on TV. Also, I'd like more shots of the coaches that send in the plays. I'm thinking about moving my seats next year for that reason actually lol.

30,000 #23 Wake
36,000 Northwestern State
26,000 Washington State
37,000 #1 Oklahoma
30,000 Iowa State

These are the attendance figures for Art Briles's first five games at Baylor. Their stadium was the same size as the Dome.

Hopefully Babers knows winning cures all. But as a fan base we have the rug pulled out from under us every time we get a little bit of hope.

In the off season SU needs to completely revamp it's pricing and donation structure. Every other program in the country seems to get people in the seats that show on TV. No reason we can't.
Outstanding post.

It has nothing to do with money, parking, food, or bleachers. It has to do with the fact we have sucked for so long. People have come up for the first big game every year for 15 years only to watch us get blown out and see a sub par program take the field. Bottom line fix attendance by winning. Fool me once (grob) fool me twice (marrone) fool me three times (shafer). People just don't care anymore about Syracuse football. It's unfortunate but all they need to do is win and you'll have your crowd back.
amen to this. I feel that they're finally on the right track and I think the increase in season ticket sales shows that. Funny we have this same debate every season, I think most of us have some hope that football will finally rise from the ashes.

You must be in the half of 129 going towards the 5/10 yard line. Your seat numbers are probably 101-116?
Opposite side. If I crossed the aisle, I would have to pay a preferred seating premium.

Still a lot of tickets available...especially the $90-$180 seats.

Was really hoping for 40,000+ people but doesn't look good. Anyone in the know have any idea how the tickets sales are going for this game?

Still a lot of tickets available...especially the $90-$180 seats.

Was really hoping for 40,000+ people but doesn't look good. Anyone in the know have any idea how the tickets sales are going for this game?
If the students do not get in for free I don't see how they can hit the 30,000 mark for Louisville. There are very few tickets sold in the 3rd level between the 20's and the corners. They appear to be holding tickets in the upper corners for the students but those will not be filled if they don't get in for free.

Wow.

Gut feel is that students are getting in free tomorrow. I only say that because student season tix holders just got an email saying that for their support, they will be getting a tshirt at the VT game, a free ticket to the FSU game (isn't included in the season tix) AND a free ticket to the ND game at MetLife.

image-2652204514.jpg

Wow.

Gut feel is that students are getting in free tomorrow. I only say that because student season tix holders just got an email saying that for their support, they will be getting a tshirt at the VT game, a free ticket to the FSU game (isn't included in the season tix) AND a free ticket to the ND game at MetLife.
That's great news !!!

BVille44 said:
That's great news !!!

Now that I read the email, students are getting in free tomorrow.

I guaran damn tee you that if there was a massive parking lot / garage across the street from the Dome, attendance would be higher

People up here are lazy as and want curbside service.

I don't mind walking from Upstate garage to the party at hand, unfortunately many do
That would exponentially improve the tailgating experience also. We go to one Bills game a year and look forward to the tailgate as much as the game (yes, the on field performance has influenced this).

What's the deal with Sections 313 thru 315? Ticketmaster shows them as unavailable. That would typically be overflow away section I would think (something Louisville would know nothing about).

What are they holding it for?

The other sections with no tickets available are 103 thru 109, 305 and 306. Which I assume more than covers student overflow.

Chip said:
What's the deal with Sections 313 thru 315? Ticketmaster shows them as unavailable. That would typically be overflow away section I would think (something Louisville would know nothing about). What are they holding it for? The other sections with no tickets available are 103 thru 109, 305 and 306. Which I assume more than covers student overflow.

Against Colgate, that's where they put the students after the regular student sections were filled up. I expect they'll do the same tomorrow night.

Chip said:
What are they holding it for? The other sections with no tickets available are 103 thru 109, 305 and 306. Which I assume more than covers student overflow.

Those are the student sections. 305 and 306 are the overflow which ended up full vs Colgate and they had to use the sections in the other corner like I mentioned in the other post.

A couple thousand more than last week would be nice, but there are positives to it not being packed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom