**WARNING** Uniform Thread | Syracusefan.com

**WARNING** Uniform Thread

DoubleDee

All American
Next time you want to be all mad at football and or basketball uniforms at Syracuse, turn espn2 on right now. FSU is wearing light blue.

Light. Blue.

yeah when did light blue become an FSU color???

Didn't the announcers say it was for some form of celebration for indigenous peoples or something like that?

Well nobody here liked our greys for military appreciation day. Lol

Florida State is nicknamed the Seminoles and the blue is in honor of their Native American heritage.
They wear these uniforms every year atleast once.

So yeah I suppose if I had heard why they were wearing blue, I’d have kept my mouth shut.

But, I could hear Syracuse fans in this situation. “If you look at the tv, you can’t even tell who’s playing!!”

Is that a throwback thing or something? Been watching college hoops for 35 years and I feel i might recall them in blue unis before, but not sure.

I texted my nephew at the game about that and he didn't know.
Then a minute later the announcers said it is some kind of tribute to Native Americans and "aboriginal" people.
Don't quite get it...but maybe there's a connection somewhere.

They're so freaking ugly... We were the Orangemen but you don't see us wearing purple once a year for out local Native Americans.

They're so freaking ugly... We were the Orangemen but you don't see us wearing purple once a year for our local Native Americans.

There's an Iroquois Nation flag hanging in the Dome, and they are mentioned during the pre-game announcements.

I texted my nephew at the game about that and he didn't know.
Then a minute later the announcers said it is some kind of tribute to Native Americans and "aboriginal" people.
Don't quite get it...but maybe there's a connection somewhere.
FSU has formal authorization from the Seminole tribe to use the nickname. As others have stated, this is their annual way to honor the Seminoles and other tribes.

For a separate uniform discuission, our Nike shorts are shorter this year. Take that, Fab Five!! Now, if we could just get the NCAA to ban yoga pants.

Ohio State's uniforms last night were fantastic
I agree and our uniforms last night are great too. Our current uniform set is a great traditional/modern mix with a jersey top with plain traditional block lettering and shorts with a modern take on Cuse old school shorts with stripes down the sides. The orange and white colors scream Syracuse right when you turn on the TV. Love them.

FSU has formal authorization from the Seminole tribe to use the nickname. As others have stated, this is their annual way to honor the Seminoles and other tribes.

For a separate uniform discuission, our Nike shorts are shorter this year. Take that, Fab Five!! Now, if we could just get the NCAA to ban yoga pants.
Yoga pants are both the greatest, and worst clothing fad of all time. Just depends who’s wearing them.

The thing I don't get is why wearing blue uniforms is a symbolic honor.
Why not mauve?
Or - even better - orange?

The thing I don't get is why wearing blue uniforms is a symbolic honor.
Why not mauve?
Or - even better - orange?
Supposedly they were actually turquoise, for the stone's associations with native cultures. I didn't see the game, so I have to go by what's been said on boards.

Supposedly they were actually turquoise, for the stone's associations with native cultures. I didn't see the game, so I have to go by what's been said on boards.
Thanks...seems a bit of a stretch.
But presumably someone looked into it.

Maybe it was my tv but the uniforms appeared somewhere close to sky blue.