Was doing a wikipedia search found this somewhat interesting... | Syracusefan.com

Was doing a wikipedia search found this somewhat interesting...

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
Some of you might as well.

Wiki listed 452 big name basketball players from NY.
Wiki listed 243 big name basketball players from Pennsylvania.
Wiki listed 218 big name basketball players from New Jersey.
Wiki listed

But Wiki listed only 105 big name from Maryland/DC,, and 156 from Florida considered the best recruiting posts in the country. North Carolina had 177. Wiki listed 139 from Canada.
Maybe just coincidence but interesting netherless.

Also kinda neat Wiki listed only 12 from Delaware where Trevor is from.
AJ english and Joey Graham were the only 2 who had a successfull nba career.
I wasn't aware that AJ only played 2 years. I figured he was a good player and around alot longer.

Trevor when finished could be the most famous player from Delaware ever.

florida is considered the best recruiting grounds?

I may be mistaken, but I have never heard that before. If I were to guess, I dont think I would put Fla in my top 10.

The OP may be confusing basketball and football.

Maybe it was just one year.
I know a few years ago Brandon knight, Fab, austin rivers, were from florida. Their was alot of Florida hype, and some of the younger talent like Malik Price Martin ect.

Still alot of good names from florida...
gilbert arenas, vin baker, dee brown, ben davis, darryl dawkins, marquis daniels, tim hardaway jr,
anthony mason, tracy mcgrady, glen rice, david robinson, amare stoudemire, otis thorpe, eddie Johnson, mitch richmond ect. A pretty good list.

Florida certainly has had their share of good players but it's not the best spot for talent. BTW- I thought Vin Baker was from Hartford and Mason was from NY. Surprised that they are from FLA.

Mason was born in florida. They probably mix where players are born also.
They put Melo New York and Maryland.

Some of you might as well.

Wiki listed 452 big name basketball players from NY.
Wiki listed 243 big name basketball players from Pennsylvania.
Wiki listed 218 big name basketball players from New Jersey.
Wiki listed

But Wiki listed only 105 big name from Maryland/DC,, and 156 from Florida considered the best recruiting posts in the country. North Carolina had 177. Wiki listed 139 from Canada.
Maybe just coincidence but interesting netherless.

Also kinda neat Wiki listed only 12 from Delaware where Trevor is from.
AJ english and Joey Graham were the only 2 who had a successfull nba career.
I wasn't aware that AJ only played 2 years. I figured he was a good player and around alot longer.

Trevor when finished could be the most famous player from Delaware ever.

orangefan13, if you're not too busy, maybe you can bust out your MS Paint skills and present this data in one of your nifty infographics? I think it would be a better way to convey this kind of information.

orangefan13, if you're not too busy, maybe you can bust out your MS Paint skills and present this data in one of your nifty infographics? I think it would be a better way to convey this kind of information.
Only if he promises to add Boeheim and Hopkins to that seascape first.

Your confusing that other Country NYC/ Bloomberg Ville to NYS

Maybe it was just one year.
I know a few years ago Brandon knight, Fab, austin rivers, were from florida. Their was alot of Florida hype, and some of the younger talent like Malik Price Martin ect.

Still alot of good names from florida...
gilbert arenas, vin baker, dee brown, ben davis, darryl dawkins, marquis daniels, tim hardaway jr,
anthony mason, tracy mcgrady, glen rice, david robinson, amare stoudemire, otis thorpe, eddie Johnson, mitch richmond ect. A pretty good list.

Yep, but Arenas is from LA, though. He played at North Hollywood or one of the schools in the Valley, I believe.

Florida certainly has had their share of good players but it's not the best spot for talent. BTW- I thought Vin Baker was from Hartford and Mason was from NY. Surprised that they are from FLA.
Vin Baker is definitely from CT. A kid who played for my dad (D3 level) grew up with Vin and played with him in HS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom