Was Elijah's shot the longest SU shot ever? | Syracusefan.com

Was Elijah's shot the longest SU shot ever?

Eric15

Living Legend
It was what, 75 feet? Has any SU player ever made a shot that long?

If he had been in the middle of the court it would have hit the scoreboard. It disappeared behind it
In Jerry World it would have hit the scoreboard

Surprised the ball even made it to the hoop let alone go in. It was really far. He was headed side to side instead of towards the basket. And just looked unbalanced. Some amazing strength to even get the ball to the hoop in that circumstance

After that shot, one of my Duke friends wrote: I hope this is not at OMEN. And I thought: It just MIGHT be!

WOW.
The omen was knowing that white was eventually going to hit a three and it would’ve been the game winner and he would’ve been 1-10 but that didn’t happen so thank the Round Man for that one.

Whoa. Let’s not bury the lede here. “Duke friends”? Yuck.
my neighbors' a duke alum. ball was stamped

arts0069-41.png

Speaking of records, I wonder how many Syracuse players have attempted 30 field goals in a game like the Duke kid did. Too lazy to look it up.

I'm pretty sure an SU guy who went 8-30 in a loss would automatically become my least favorite player ever.

I remember Dale Shackleford hitting a shot from under the opposing teams basket as the first half of a game ended. He rebounded the ball. Everyone thought the half was over and he threw a hook shot the full length of the court and it went in. There was some controversy about the clock, but I think the shot counted. I tried a google quick search to see if I could find anything, but youtube and the internet weren't as popular back in the late 70s. Anyone else remember this? As I recall, they called it an 88' shot.

Speaking of records, I wonder how many Syracuse players have attempted 30 field goals in a game like the Duke kid did. Too lazy to look it up.

I'm pretty sure an SU guy who went 8-30 in a loss would automatically become my least favorite player ever.
i could forgive say dave bing. not sure if he ever did but that would be my nightly game plan

Good call on that one. I feel like Devo's shot was maybe 3-4 feet closer.

A Kong sighting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom