Was in a 10 car pileup in Dubai tonight | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Was in a 10 car pileup in Dubai tonight

Does this qualify me to be a rabid SU fan?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • You've go to be kidding me

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
[Now that we know that alibrat is ok...]

There's got to be an easier way to get a new car! ;)

more importantly, is tristan ok?? ;)

glad to hear youre ok.

Glad you are okay Alibrat! Your story kind of reminds me of a story of mine from Nov. 20 2009 (I remember that date very well). I was going to be dismissed from Mayo Clinic in Minnesota after being there for 60 days dealing with staph infection complications. I found out the night before I was going home the next day. The only problem was we were playing in a tournament in MSG at the time and had beaten Cal so we were scheduled to play UNC the night of Nov 20.

I live in Kansas so my parents and I had a long drive home that day from Minnesota. Yes, after being in the hospital for 60 days, my main concern was getting home in time for tipoff. And yes, I seriously considered staying in the hospital one more day just so I wouldn't miss the game.

I asked the nurse the night before if we could get all the paperwork done so we could leave early the next day (for the long drive of course, not because of a basketball game :) ). We got that done so we were off a little after 8 am Central. The whole time home I was looking at the clock trying to see if we were making good time to get home in time for tipoff. Long story short, yes we made it home just in time for opening tip. And you could ask why I didn't set my DVR for the game. Yes I could have, but that story would have been boring and sucked!

I remember that monumental baseball game between those two Syracuse high school powerhouses, North High, and Eastwood High school.

Tommy A was a key component of the Eastwood arsenal. A great all around player whose pitching prowess at the time was compared to a young Herb Score.

What a gamer that kid was. No car accidents were involved, but after a late night out drinking and carousing with some of his derelict teammates he was seriously fired up for that game.

To make a long story short, he overcame a severe hangover and struck out 26 batters, hit three home runs, and stole 3 bases. That's not even mentioning his unassisted triple play in the last of the ninth to end the game and seal Eastwood's victory.

The kid's still a gamer. We're fortunate to have Tommy A in our fan corner when things get tough for the Orangemen. Very fortunate. Chuck Norris fortunate.

Note: Some literary license was taken by the poster to protect the innocent, and embellish our hero.