Was it worth it? | Syracusefan.com

Was it worth it?

Cuse_1999

2nd String
This run probably costs us Malachi IMO. While i was estatic about getting to the F4, i knew UNC was much better this year.

Next year was our year with malachi and lydon leading the way. Next years team with malachi has a legit chance to win it. If we lose him, in hindsight, wss it worth it?

Yes. Win now. Worry about next year, next year. This isn't the NBA where you can lock guys up. Players are going to come and go. Keep bringing in guys who can play.

And I really find the thought that a couple good games(he was horrid in several tourney games too) can get you drafted. Front offices can't be that dumb can they?

I really hope it didn't cost us Mal, we need him back in the worst way.

If the kid is going to make enough money to make it worth his while, have at it. He was great this year. The run was definitely worth it.

Anyway, no way he leaves unless he runs way up in the draft. I don't see that happening. Kid had tons of fun this year, sounds like everyone loved being on the team, the incentive has to be pretty high to leave more than likely. As opposed to someone like McCullough, who sat here for a miserable year where we were ineligible for everything (team may have had fun, but that crap hanging over the team had to make it suck to a certain extent).

I think Malachi stays because he potentially can be a top 10 pick after his sophomore year. Though he had great second halves and flashed great ability/potential, there is still a lot of polishing needed. He would certainly benefit from another year just like Ennis and Grant would of. But who knows what he and is family wants. The chance of that NBA paycheck is obviously something worth considering. If he stays and we lock up say a transfer guard (If Kaleb doesn't return; I hope he does because I think he still has potential) and Taureen Thompson, Cuse will be pretty deep next year. Hopefully Malachi weighs his potential of growth in 1 more college year and the potential of the team next year.

I don't know his financial situation, but if he's not in dire straights like Greene's family he's be better of staying another year.

Love Mali but if he leaves because of this it's worth it. Donte Greene never made the tournament. Flynn didn't get out of the Sweet 16. We didn't win a tournament game with Ennis or McCullough.

This run was insane.

Love Mali but if he leaves because of this it's worth it. Donte Greene never made the tournament. Flynn didn't get out of the Sweet 16. We didn't win a tournament game with Ennis or McCullough.

This run was insane.

Ennis went 1-1 in the NCAA's. His head scratching pull up J late vs. Dayton was in the 2nd round

Malachi isn't going in the first round because of 10 minutes of basketball. He's a great player and I expect to see him in orange next year.

That's a good point about Kaleb Joseph. If Richardson leaves and he stays, I think the backcourt will be fine. Howard and Battle the starters, Joseph the backup. Plenty of surrounding talent.

Malachi isn't going in the first round because of 10 minutes of basketball. He's a great player and I expect to see him in orange next year.
nope, won't be going because of the 2nd half vs UVA but maybe going if he grades 1st round in combines

If you read this board closely there's zero chance he goes...lol.

Are you asking us if we would trade a guaranteed Final Four this year for a potential final four next year?

Final Fours are special. Ask UVA, MSU, Kansas, etc. Nothing is even close to guaranteed with how this tournament is set up.

We lost him in that 4 minute run against UVA
i love malachi, but there is absolutely no way he is a first round pick right now. he isnt even a "3 and D" guy. if he leaves, he leaves but it will ultimately have nothing to do with an extra win or two in this tournament.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom