Was ND behind it all? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Was ND behind it all?

Oh, OK, so SU isn't a hypocritical school? And you're the one who compared ND's transgressions to those of PedSt's. It's absurd and you know it. YOu're better than that.

No, its not. No school will be able to match PedSt (and I bet Paterno's creepy ass had a few boy lovers that haven't spoken out yet if he let Sandusky do that crap) but the pattern of behavior at ND is identical. Kelly should have been charged with 2nd or 3rd degree murder for killing the grad student. Did you see his tweets about him thinking he was going to die in that thing?

SU is not comparable at all because its judicial affairs does something every season to screw our teams. We are located in a cold snowy place so we need to take the most talented players available across the board and hope they behave. There is no way you can totally write off 17 year olds who have had rough upbringings as awful people and terrible kids either so even our most thuggish recruits deserve a chance.

MCW was a misunderstanding there was no evidence its America pal.

So keep trying to compare our fans to ND/PedSt. Furthermore when we had the Bernie Fine thing our fans DID NOT rally behind the guy and make excuses even though it was complete bull. Ped St fans think there should be a statue of Paterno. ND fans think the Sullivan death was an accident and not Kelly's fault.

Yes they do, because they aren't "wired" that way and have been ND supporters for decades. They could have sued, and won, millions of dollars. That isn't their makeup. But the family said it could have been prevented, bad decisions were made, procedures weren't followed and that their son should never had been up there that day.
Personally, I think they were up to their beads in it and its great to hear and read about tem in this mess and equally happy we aren't involved in any way.Gee, I wonder if they will make this a movie?You know the kind where the NotreDame hero causes us to well up a tear?Win one for the dead imaginary girl.:(

No, its not. No school will be able to match PedSt (and I bet Paterno's creepy ass had a few boy lovers that haven't spoken out yet if he let Sandusky do that crap) but the pattern of behavior at ND is identical. Kelly should have been charged with 2nd or 3rd degree murder for killing the grad student. Did you see his tweets about him thinking he was going to die in that thing?

Identical? decades of almost sanctioned child abuse vs. the police independently not charging kelly with a crime after a singular horrifying incident. Definitely very similar.

SU is not comparable at all because its judicial affairs does something every season to screw our teams. We are located in a cold snowy place so we need to take the most talented players available across the board and hope they behave. There is no way you can totally write off 17 year olds who have had rough upbringings as awful people and terrible kids either so even our most thuggish recruits deserve a chance.

Kids are getting in trouble b/c they are cheating or not going to class or getting fights with police or shoplifting (all in the past year, by the way). SU does not have to take anyone any more than ND has to take anyone. I don't have a problem with schools giving kids chances and I don't even care about most behavioral issues, but let's not pretend like SU doesn't have a pretty impressive rap sheet -- wasn't fab in a domestic dispute that the university wasn't exactly forthcoming about?

MCW was a misunderstanding there was no evidence its America pal.

No evidence? Talk about making excuses.

So keep trying to compare our fans to ND/PedSt. Furthermore when we had the Bernie Fine thing our fans DID NOT rally behind the guy and make excuses even though it was complete bull. Ped St fans think there should be a statue of Paterno. ND fans think the Sullivan death was an accident and not Kelly's fault.

How is the Sullivan death not an accident? If you want to argue accidental manslaughter or something, fine, but how can you claim it's not an accident? Did Kelly push him out of there? Was it anything other than a horrible decision? Your post is just a bizarre collection of mis-characterizations and contradictions.

Identical? decades of almost sanctioned child abuse vs. the police independently not charging kelly with a crime after a singular horrifying incident. Definitely very similar.

Kids are getting in trouble b/c they are cheating or not going to class or getting fights with police or shoplifting (all in the past year, by the way). SU does not have to take anyone any more than ND has to take anyone. I don't have a problem with schools giving kids chances and I don't even care about most behavioral issues, but let's not pretend like SU doesn't have a pretty impressive rap sheet -- wasn't fab in a domestic dispute that the university wasn't exactly forthcoming about?

No evidence? Talk about making excuses.

How is the Sullivan death not an accident? If you want to argue accidental manslaughter or something, fine, but how can you claim it's not an accident? Did Kelly push him out of there? Was it anything other than a horrible decision? Your post is just a bizarre collection of mis-characterizations and contradictions.

SU takes anyone. But they cast a huge net where even players who toe the line are going to get caught in it. I wish judicial affairs was more leniant and we were run like Kentucky. But we are not. ND is like Baylor basketball their academic standards have been drastically lowered recently. The days of telling Randy Moss to get lost are long gone. SU has not relaxed their policies at all.

The SU players incidents are college kids being college kids. I blame it on us not sweeping that stuff under the rug like other schools.

Kelly murdered that kid. Just because it was not premeditated doesn't mean he was negligent and resposible for the kid dying. Its like if I stuck a banana in someones tailpipe and their car exploded and they died and I said it was an accident and blamed the banana. Not a great analogy but basically the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom