Was that the greatest game of basketball ever played? | Syracusefan.com

Was that the greatest game of basketball ever played?

General20

Basketball Maven
The #1 defensive team in the country also just shot 70% from 3.

I know this is an SU board, but that game really had nothing to do with SU. Virginia was absolutely unbeatable. I can be prone to hyperbole, but don't think I have ever seen a college basketball team play better.

I know this is an SU board, but this game really had nothing to do with SU. Virginia was absolutely unbeatable. I can be prone to hyperbole, but don't think I have ever seen a college basketball team play better.

More accurate might be what was the best 2nd half of basketball ever played.

I don't watch much Virginia, but that looked like their B game at best - terrible free-throw shooting, some careless turnovers, and a few missed gimmes.

But they probably set a Dome record for made threes, and if the walk-on hadn't missed the last one they'd have shot 75%. Most of those were contested. That is crazy. NCAA record for percentage on that many attempts?

I don't watch much Virginia, but that looked like their B game at best - terrible free-throw shooting, some careless turnovers, and a few missed gimmes.

But they probably set a Dome record for made threes, and if the walk-on hadn't missed the last one they'd have shot 75%. Most of those were contested. That is crazy. NCAA record for percentage on that many attempts?
all that was in the 1st half. 2nd half they were pretty much perfect

yeah, the #2 beats an unranked team on the road that they are favored by 6. and it's the best game ever played. good lord.

B game at best? That was unequivocally the best shooting game that UVA will ever have from 3. They will never shoot better than that again. It was the outlier of outliers.

If they shoot 35% from 3 they would have scored 27 less points (offensive rebounds aside). Just think about that for a bit. 54 of their points were from 3, in only 25 shots. That’s better than 100% point efficiency if the shots were taken from 2.

yeah, the #2 beats an unranked team on the road that they are favored by 6. and it's the best game ever played. good lord.

You are confusing biggest win with best played. I am quite obviously not saying this was the biggest win ever. I am saying Virginia played better than any basketball team ever has.

Virginia shot 75% from three! Syracuse is a top 20 defense but that doesn't even matter. Virginia shot 75% from three! Steph Curry shot less than 70% in the 3 point contest with nobody guarding him.

B game at best? That was unequivocally the best shooting game that UVA will ever have from 3. They will never shoot better than that again. It was the outlier of outliers.

If they shoot 35% from 3 they would have scored 27 less points (offensive rebounds aside). Just think about that for a bit. 54 of their points were from 3, in only 25 shots. That’s better than 100% point efficiency if the shots were taken from 2.
You're talking about their shooting, I'm responding to a claim about their overalll game.

I know this is an SU board, but that game really had nothing to do with SU. Virginia was absolutely unbeatable. I can be prone to hyperbole, but don't think I have ever seen a college basketball team play better.
some people can't appreciate what the opposing team does. That was an amazing performance.

They shot 75% from 3. Most teams couldn't do that in warmups.

That being said our guys were way too low in the zone, some bad turnovers to start the 2nd half and forget it.