Was the retiring of 44 a curse? | Syracusefan.com

Was the retiring of 44 a curse?

NailCreekPub

Walk On
Coaches, players, administrations, stadiums, Boeheim, and even "acts of god" have all come and gone through the years. The phenomenon known as 44 has been the most consistent cultural aspect of the university. In 2005, the number was retired. Some say that it was a tribute to all the greats who wore the number. A respectful display of historic value. Personally, I always thought it was a cheap way to sell game tickets by a man who had nearly no connection to the university.

That same year, the university experienced its first 10 loss season in over a century of playing the game. Since then, I think we all know things have been quite unfortunate. Three 10 loss seasons... Three! Mediocrity at best, Rutgers at worst. Our most intriguing recruits, never playing a down. Star players with early season injuries. Its been tough. The only positive is that tickets can cost less than a cocktail at a trendy restaurant.

Is it a curse? I don't know, but it certainly feels like it. There is a simple solution though. Bring it back! Bring it back now. The number should be unretired and worn next year. Its so stupid simple...

Nothing new here, just had to get this off my mind. GO CUSE!

lossesperyear.gif

Yes.

Please Rob Konrad allow us to have our only tradition back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom