Was told re: scheduling | Syracusefan.com

Was told re: scheduling

SUOrange44

Scout Team
...that SU was slated to play Binghamton this season but pulled out after the Bazley G-League announcement. Apparently, they wanted to schedule a team that would be better for RPI and is working on UMBC with the understanding that they will play Binghamton in The Dome again in the next few years...

I guess we will se relatively soon.

Go Orange!!

SUOrange44

...that SU was slated to play Binghamton this season but pulled out after the Bazley G-League announcement. Apparently, they wanted to schedule a team that would be better for RPI and is working on UMBC with the understanding that they will play Binghamton in The Dome again in the next few years...

Go Orange!!

SUOrange44
Why would Bazley impact scheduling a team like Binghamton? This sounds like to separate, unrelated events.

Why would Bazley impact scheduling a team like Binghamton? This sounds like to separate, unrelated events.
My guess, and it is only a guess, that the hope was to have a few “easy” games for some of the younger players to acclimate themselves toncollege hoops, gain confidence, etc.

Since he was someone who was going to be integral was no longer involved, they wanted to pit more emphasis on strength of schedule. Not sure if it took place before Braswell entered the picture.

SUOrange44

Go Orange!!

SUOrange44

I love this. This is great scheduling. It seems we have finally learned how to work the RPI and SOS. It was a huge benefactor to us last year in making the tournament. I believe its Kip Wellman who does this so judos to him.

I love this. This is great scheduling. It seems we have finally learned how to work the RPI and SOS. It was a huge benefactor to us last year in making the tournament. I believe its Kip Wellman who does this so judos to him.
It could also be the Battle coming back thing. We went from a younger team to a veteran team.

1528310560812.gif

I think it would be cool to play AT UMBC... give the Baltimore/DMV fans something to see, and the players some experience playing in a smaller gym with different optics/feel.

My guess, and it is only a guess, that the hope was to have a few “easy” games for some of the younger players to acclimate themselves toncollege hoops, gain confidence, etc.

Since he was someone who was going to be integral was no longer involved, they wanted to pit more emphasis on strength of schedule. Not sure if it took place before Braswell entered the picture.

SUOrange44

Or a different take might be that post-Bazeley and pre-Battle announcement, we were more concerned that we not have any more really really bad teams on the schedule (aside from the obligatory Colgate) because we were anticipating the possibility that we might be on the bubble again.

Or a different take might be that post-Bazeley and pre-Battle announcement, we were more concerned that we not have any more really really bad teams on the schedule (aside from the obligatory Colgate) because we were anticipating the possibility that we might be on the bubble again.
Agreed...although I say bring on UMBC vs Binghamton this year. The team needs to see different styles before March.

I think it would be cool to play AT UMBC... give the Baltimore/DMV fans something to see, and the players some experience playing in a smaller gym with different optics/feel.

UNC does this all the time, they play true road games against small schools, which is fairly rare amongst big-time programs. It's certainly risky, if you win, nobody cares. If you lose, it's all over Sportscenter. But it gives your guys some experience in a hostile environment.

UNC does this all the time, they play true road games against small schools, which is fairly rare amongst big-time programs. It's certainly risky, if you win, nobody cares. If you lose, it's all over Sportscenter. But it gives your guys some experience in a hostile environment.
Many of those games are near the hometown of graduating seniors. UNC has been doing this for many years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom