Washington vs. Colorado | Syracusefan.com

Washington vs. Colorado

Delmar

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
I guess I'm the only one watching this game.

Jake Browning, the Washington quarterback, is really unimpressive. He hasn't thrown a good ball all night. How they can talk about him as a Heisman candidate is beyond me.

Even the med student from USC hit two targets at half time.

I watched. Their game plan was to run the ball. Colorado's strength was their secondary. UW had two backs each going for over 100 yards. They are solid. Just as good as Ohio State and Clemson.

I watched. Their game plan was to run the ball. Colorado's strength was their secondary. UW had two backs each going for over 100 yards. They are solid. Just as good as Ohio State and Clemson.
Yeah. They'd open as roughly a "pickem" vs Clemson but it looks like a full touchdown dog to Ohio St. so not very far off

IF Washington makes the Final 4 I don't who the other 3 teams are...Washington will be by far the worst of the group. If the committee bumps a conference champ (Clemson or Washington) to give a 2nd Big 10 team I have no problem with it if it's Washington as Wisconsin/OSU/Mich/Penn St are all far superior than Washington.

Washington has the resume and deserves to get in, no doubt! But they are just not impressive at all to me. IF they are the 4 seed Bama beats them easily and the point spread will open around 21 points, which for a final four playoff game is almost a joke.

IF they are the 4 seed Bama beats them easily and the point spread will open around 21 points, which for a final four playoff game is almost a joke.
Sagarin has Bama as a 10 point favorite on neutral field over Washington.

IF Washington makes the Final 4 I don't who the other 3 teams are...Washington will be by far the worst of the group. If the committee bumps a conference champ (Clemson or Washington) to give a 2nd Big 10 team I have no problem with it if it's Washington as Wisconsin/OSU/Mich/Penn St are all far superior than Washington.

Washington has the resume and deserves to get in, no doubt! But they are just not impressive at all to me. IF they are the 4 seed Bama beats them easily and the point spread will open around 21 points, which for a final four playoff game is almost a joke.

Chris Peterson alwys seems to be able to pull something off..but I tend to agree Bama will just overpower them but like you said they have earned the final four so what else can you do

Chris Peterson is the Brad Stevens of NCAA football. I was curious to see how he would do going to a big boy school from Boise and it looks like they could be the new dominant team in the PAC as long as he is around.

Chris Peterson is the Brad Stevens of NCAA football. I was curious to see how he would do going to a big boy school from Boise and it looks like they could be the new dominant team in the PAC as long as he is around.

I always thought it was Dan Hawkins who was going to be the star coach from Boise to turn around Colorado. It was really Peterson who was the difference maker. Might be a Bellichek/Parcells type dynamic.

Not sure what you guys are watching but UW has talent all over the place . their skill guys can play with anyone .

Why does Penn st deserve to go, other than beating Osu on a blocked punt, what have they done? They lost to Pitt, and they lost by 40 to Michigan.

Washington beats PSU by 2 TDs on a neutral field.

Why does Penn st deserve to go, other than beating Osu on a blocked punt, what have they done? They lost to Pitt, and they lost by 40 to Michigan.

Won their division in the Big 10 and is playing tonight for the Big 10 Championship. Big 10 is probably the best conference in the country this year so winning it (IF they win tonight) has to matter and count for something.

Won their division in the Big 10 and is playing tonight for the Big 10 Championship. Big 10 is probably the best conference in the country this year so winning it (IF they win tonight) has to matter and count for something.

The Big Ten plays an unbalanced schedule, Penn st has one good win all year.

The Big Ten plays an unbalanced schedule, Penn st has one good win all year.
Penn State beat Iowa.
The same Iowa team that beat Michigan.
Michigan should get dinged for that loss and for not beating anybody good on the road.
Also Penn State beat Minnesota and American champ Temple.

Those good wins. Michigan only won games at home. I would put Penn State in over
Ohio State if I were on the committee. If winning a conference title doesn't matter we will find out this year.

Penn State beat Iowa.
The same Iowa team that beat Michigan.
Michigan should get dinged for that loss and for not beating anybody good on the road.
Also Penn State beat Minnesota and American champ Temple.

Those good wins. Michigan only won games at home. I would put Penn State in over
Ohio State if I were on the committee. If winning a conference title doesn't matter we will find out this year.

Ohio st has one loss, Penn st has two, Penn st isn't getting in

Ohio st has one loss, Penn st has two, Penn st isn't getting in
Wisconsin killing Penn State is why they are out. The mind set one team has 1 loss and the other has 2 is irrelevant.

Wisconsin killing Penn State is why they are out. The mind set one team has 1 loss and the other has 2 is irrelevant.

I just don't see how you can keep Osu out, they have two road wins over top ten teams, they beat Mich, their lone loss was by 3 on a fluke play.

Really pissed my Trojans didn't have Darnold starting at the beginning of the year. He is way better than Browning who I do like but think he is a tad overrrated.

We have a 4Q late lead against Utah then Adoree Jackson slips and falls so their WR trots into the end zone wide open for the GW score. Won 8 straight after that including convincing wins vs Washington/Colorado.

Gives you hope on how quick things can turn. Seeing these two in the PAC-12 championship...

You get the right pieces in place and go.

Agreed. Colorado was in last place in the Pac12 last year.

The offensive footprint is now in place. Need to build upon that, while improving the D over the next few seasons with better recruits / better depth.

Really pissed my Trojans didn't have Darnold starting at the beginning of the year. He is way better than Browning who I do like but think he is a tad overrrated.

We have a 4Q late lead against Utah then Adoree Jackson slips and falls so their WR trots into the end zone wide open for the GW score. Won 8 straight after that including convincing wins vs Washington/Colorado.

Was he a true frosh?

Was he a true frosh?

Yup. Helton (love him) just went with the older guy probably because he was a first year coach coming in as well. All reports coming out of there preseason said it was neck and neck with Darnold having the much better and live arm. The kid can make every throw in the book. Browne really struggled with decisions and the bright lights, imo.

Yup. Helton (love him) just went with the older guy probably because he was a first year coach coming in as well. All reports coming out of there preseason said it was neck and neck with Darnold having the much better and live arm. The kid can make every throw in the book. Browne really struggled with decisions and the bright lights, imo.
The first time I saw him play was the Washington game, and he obviously lit them up [on the road, against the #3 team, etc.]. I wondered what his story was, since he was a new starter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom