Wasn't Nebraska 1984, Wasn't Penn State 1987 but..... | Syracusefan.com

Wasn't Nebraska 1984, Wasn't Penn State 1987 but.....

nralecuse

Walk On
Had a similar feel and was VERY VERY NICE !!

Syracuse 17
Nebraska 9

Sept. 29, 1984
Syracuse, NY

Official recap

To say the least, it was an upset of major proportions. Syracuse, coming off a 19-0 home-field loss to Rutgers and looking like the same team which Nebraska had crushed, 63-7, the year before in Lincoln, played the No. 1-ranked Huskers to a standstill through three quarters then ground the visitors down in the fourth for a 17-9 win in the Carrier Dome.

The Huskers were without the nation's leading rusher, senior I-back Jeff Smith, but, said Coach Tom Osborne, "With or without Jeff Smith, it would have been tough. The name of the game for us is to be physical. They were more physical today."
The loss ended a 23-game regular-season win string for Nebraska.

***********************************************************************************************

Syracuse (6-0) Routs Penn State by 48-21

By GORDON S. WHITE Jr., Special to the New York Times
Published: October 18, 1987

That game seemed very similar to the Penn State game in that we just kept pounding them and never let up. The Penn State game wa sa bit m,ore explosive. We led 41-0 at one point in that game.

I seem to remember 'WE' thought we would stick it to them that day but perhaps the rest of the world was shocked. Also seem to remember 'Old Scout' and some song parodies along those lines.

I wish Syracuse got a shot at PSU this year or last year. Would have been good games. And probably wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom