Watch your credit cards in the Dome | Syracusefan.com

Watch your credit cards in the Dome

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
Got my card charged fraudently. Losers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure it wasn't from those vending machines you bought.

Reactions: CIL
are you sure it was fraudulent? according to your post Monday night, you were buzzed an hour before tipoff and offering to buy drinks for everyone. If you were charged for 132 Dome beers, then it's probably legit.

The dome was the only place i brought my card to and someone got my number and made charges to some video game place in Florida. Im not a gamer and luckily it could of been worse than $29.99

The dome just swipes the card. Never leaves your sight. I don't think they can actually obtain the number that way.

The dome was the only place i brought my card to and someone got my number and made charges to some video game place in Florida. Im not a gamer and luckily it could of been worse than $29.99

Someone could have your credit card info from a month ago and made the fraudulent purchase the night of the dome. It wasn't the dome I bet

Someone could have your credit card info from a month ago and made the fraudulent purchase the night of the dome. It wasn't the dome I bet
No because i havent used it.

Ya what was yours like 10 grand?

They ran it for 10grand I think, then 9, then 8, all the way down till they hit a number that went through. Thank god my bank was on top of it, they knew about it before I did.

No because i havent used it.
Has your credit card company been able to confirm the time of the transaction on Monday? That should answer the question.

Just be glad it was your credit card and not your debit card.

Has your credit card company been able to confirm the time of the transaction on Monday? That should answer the question.

Just be glad it was your credit card and not your debit card.
Whats the difference?

The dome just swipes the card. Never leaves your sight. I don't think they can actually obtain the number that way.

False a scanner which is very small can be installed on a vending machine ... gas pump or register and be used to record CC data. Had mine get scanned at the Mall of Georgia ... my bank thankfully was on top of it ... law enforcement even called to inform me of the scam.

Does the CC have a chip in it? The new cards that have the "Tap and Go" technology are bad news. If your card has the wi-fi wave symbol on it, then it has the chip. I saw news video about how saavy tech people can use readily available scanner technology to lift your card information by simply getting close enough to your wallet, purse, etc., to scan the card's chip.

In the demo this news guy and some tech security guy, who actually built the scanner with parts he purchased online, went around this mall andtargeted women with purses for a "survey". After the security guy did his thing the news crew would approach the woman and explain what just happened. They would take her aside and show her on a laptop what the "surveyor" just captured. They then demonstrated it by him simply placing his device on a table next to another woman's purse and bang, that quick he had her info. Scary .

When my new debit card came in the mail I saw that it had the chip and immediately ordered a new one without it. All the banks offer them with and without the chip. You can carry the chip cards in a protective sleeve if you want, but I'd rather not have the chip at all.

Doesnt happen when you pay in cash. :)

I cant even fathom paying for a beer/dog with a CC in the dome.

False a scanner which is very small can be installed on a vending machine ... gas pump or register and be used to record CC data. Had mine get scanned at the Mall of Georgia ... my bank thankfully was on top of it ... law enforcement even called to inform me of the scam.
Wow. I would never be a good criminal

Whats the difference?
Debit card is your cash. Credit card is an IOU. Less motivation for the banks to get your cash back once it's gone when you use your debit card. It may happen, but it will take time. With a CC, you tell them you didn't charge it so you're not paying. Their hands are tied. Policies differ by bank, but a friend of mine in college was taken for $800 when his debit card number was stolen and purchases were made online. Bank never reimbursed him. Told him he was out of luck. That's why I always use my credit card and pay off balance every week. Earn points and cover my @$$.

Every bank is different so I'm sure there are some banks that are easier to deal with than others. Just giving my experience.

Does the CC have a chip in it? The new cards that have the "Tap and Go" technology are bad news. If your card has the wi-fi wave symbol on it, then it has the chip. I saw news video about how saavy tech people can use readily available scanner technology to lift your card information by simply getting close enough to your wallet, purse, etc., to scan the card's chip.

In the demo this news guy and some tech security guy, who actually built the scanner with parts he purchased online, went around this mall andtargeted women with purses for a "survey". After the security guy did his thing the news crew would approach the woman and explain what just happened. They would take her aside and show her on a laptop what the "surveyor" just captured. They then demonstrated it by him simply placing his device on a table next to another woman's purse and bang, that quick he had her info. Scary ****.

When my new debit card came in the mail I saw that it had the chip and immediately ordered a new one without it. All the banks offer them with and without the chip. You can carry the chip cards in a protective sleeve if you want, but I'd rather not have the chip at all.
I remember watching that on 20/20 too. RFID tag in the Credit Card is bad news!

Got my card charged fraudently. Losers!

Cyber criminals and identity thieves do not need to possess a card to steal your acct #. They are running algorithms until they get a hit and then the party starts. There is no reason to restrict the blame to the last place you used a CC. It could have been the Russian mafia!

Whats the difference?

One comes directly out of your bank account. The other is just a bill.

Cyber criminals and identity thieves do not need to possess a card to steal your acct #. They are running algorithms until they get a hit and then the party starts. There is no reason to restrict the blame to the last place you used a CC. It could have been the Russian mafia!

Very well could have been. Those guys love video games. ;)