Watch your credit cards in the Dome | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Watch your credit cards in the Dome

Are there really video games out there that cost $29.99 these days? I thought they were all $40-50. It's been a while...

If they are Russian, Madden 04 might be all they can get.

I had mine grabbed for a few grand once.
While I was on hold when I called the CC company, I began reading the rules.
It said that the card "must remain on your persons" or know the secure whereabouts at all times. Should your card be misplaced, it is up to the card holder to contact the bank immediately. Should you delay in contacting them, you will be resposible for all purchases once you were aware of it being lost.
When the lady came on the line, she asked me if I had lost the card and when I realized it had been misplaced. I responded, "the card has remained on my persons". She chuckled and credited my account the full amount.

*I went to Europe on vaca and my card was charged in England for $2k worth of jewelry and some food, 3 months after I returned from Europe.

If they are Russian, Madden 04 might be all they can get.

Two words. Techmo Bowl. They barely have electricity in Siberia. I doubt they have any gaming systems newer than Super Nintendo.

Funny reference, in the 30 for 30 on Bo Jackson a couple of the guys commented about how the Japanese game designers for Techmo Bowl put a glitch in there without even knowing it. Apparently the Raiders team with Bo Jackson had a distinct advantage in that his avatar was faster than any of the defensive players programmed in the game. Once he shook tackles he could run all over the field and no one would ever catch him. LOL!

Two words. Techmo Bowl. They barely have electricity in Siberia. I doubt they have any gaming systems newer than Super Nintendo.

Funny reference, in the 30 for 30 on Bo Jackson a couple of the guys commented about how the Japanese game designers for Techmo Bowl put a glitch in there without even knowing it. Apparently the Raiders team with Bo Jackson had a distinct advantage in that his avatar was faster than any of the defensive players programmed in the game. Once he shook tackles he could run all over the field and no one would ever catch him. LOL!

All you had to do was zig zag up the field with Bo, TD everytime

Debit card is your cash. Credit card is an IOU. Less motivation for the banks to get your cash back once it's gone when you use your debit card. It may happen, but it will take time. With a CC, you tell them you didn't charge it so you're not paying. Their hands are tied. Policies differ by bank, but a friend of mine in college was taken for $800 when his debit card number was stolen and purchases were made online. Bank never reimbursed him. Told him he was out of luck. That's why I always use my credit card and pay off balance every week. Earn points and cover my @$$.

Every bank is different so I'm sure there are some banks that are easier to deal with than others. Just giving my experience.

I was on a business trip in Chicago about a week ago. Needed cash and stopped at an ATM on Rush Street. I withdrew my cash and put my debit card and money in my pocket and not back in my wallet because I was in a hurry. I walked into a nearby restaurant/bar to meet some people and roughly 45 minutes later, I noticed that the pocket I placed my debit card and money in was empty. Luckily, I was with a friend that uses the same bank and so he looked on the back of his card and gave me a number to report it stolen. The bank said it had not been used. Thought I lucked out. The next day, I called again just to re-confirm. I was told a withdrawal was made of $400 using my pin number. Then, the person tried to make another withdrawal of another $400 but was denied. Then $300 was denied. Then $200 was denied. Then the card wass confiscated by the ATM after the person tried to withdraw $100. I had just opened up this checking account and had not yet changed my ATM preferences. Apparently, one of the default preferences is that I cannot exceed cash withdrawals of more than $400 in any given day. My bank requested a photo from the ATM and I guess knew it wasnt me and had the $400 put back in my account within a week. I was told that there was likely someone standing behind me at the ATM that I used and watched me enter a pin. Then, I was followed to the restaurant and pick-pocketed. I was told by a friend that is an attorney that it was very unlikely that I would get refunded the money because of what the bank would call "gross negligence." I am now a huge fan of 5/3 Bank.

Oh, and Chicago police said they have detectives working 24/7 on my case! :rolleyes:

He was no LT. No extra point was safe with him on the field.

Hell you could block anything with LT. I once had over 100 sacks in a season with him.

Another great RB on that game was Neal Anderson from Chicago. Wasnt nearly as fast as Bo but was probably second fastest.

One of our sons is a bank VP. He would tell you(confidentially)to never use a debit card.

Seems like a good time to share credit/debit card theft stories.

Last semester, I was taken for $1,600 on my debit card. Some dudes in South or Central America (some kind of Spanish speaking country) went on a little vacation and bought a tv, among other things. Luckily, I had made some small transactions in New York at the same time, so the bank figured it was a safe bet that it wasn't actually me in whatever foreign country. It really sucked to be out $1,600 for 2 weeks though (how long it took to get a credit to my account). The especially crappy part was asking my parents for a loan so I could pay the rent and bills due. However, there was a happy ending so I can't complain too much... No, not that kind of happy ending.

Debit card is your cash. Credit card is an IOU. Less motivation for the banks to get your cash back once it's gone when you use your debit card. It may happen, but it will take time. With a CC, you tell them you didn't charge it so you're not paying. Their hands are tied. Policies differ by bank, but a friend of mine in college was taken for $800 when his debit card number was stolen and purchases were made online. Bank never reimbursed him. Told him he was out of luck. That's why I always use my credit card and pay off balance every week. Earn points and cover my @$$.

Every bank is different so I'm sure there are some banks that are easier to deal with than others. Just giving my experience.

yeah, you friend needs a better bank. Most have the same protections on debit cards as credit cards.

yeah, you friend needs a better bank. Most have the same protections on debit cards as credit cards.
As I said before, every bank is different. I'm not an expert on the issue but in a quick search, I found this article from ABC News. While you may ultimately get your money back with both a debit or credit card, it never seems to easier with a debit. You only get your money back after the investigation is completed. http://tinyurl.com/ag3qxjp

This is exactly why credit cards should banned. Also debit cards, electronics, the Internet, travel, and banks. None of it is worth the risks.

The dome was the only place i brought my card to and someone got my number and made charges to some video game place in Florida. Im not a gamer and luckily it could of been worse than $29.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, when you stopped to see me at my seats, you bought my son a game for his iphone and you used your CC.

I was on a business trip in Chicago about a week ago. Needed cash and stopped at an ATM on Rush Street. I withdrew my cash and put my debit card and money in my pocket and not back in my wallet because I was in a hurry. I walked into a nearby restaurant/bar to meet some people and roughly 45 minutes later, I noticed that the pocket I placed my debit card and money in was empty. Luckily, I was with a friend that uses the same bank and so he looked on the back of his card and gave me a number to report it stolen. The bank said it had not been used. Thought I lucked out. The next day, I called again just to re-confirm. I was told a withdrawal was made of $400 using my pin number. Then, the person tried to make another withdrawal of another $400 but was denied. Then $300 was denied. Then $200 was denied. Then the card wass confiscated by the ATM after the person tried to withdraw $100. I had just opened up this checking account and had not yet changed my ATM preferences. Apparently, one of the default preferences is that I cannot exceed cash withdrawals of more than $400 in any given day. My bank requested a photo from the ATM and I guess knew it wasnt me and had the $400 put back in my account within a week. I was told that there was likely someone standing behind me at the ATM that I used and watched me enter a pin. Then, I was followed to the restaurant and pick-pocketed. I was told by a friend that is an attorney that it was very unlikely that I would get refunded the money because of what the bank would call "gross negligence." I am now a huge fan of 5/3 Bank.

Oh, and Chicago police said they have detectives working 24/7 on my case! :rolleyes:
Good for you, you're lucky.
It is unusual for a bank to refund money stolen via debit card.
It's almost like losing cash.
And if you have credit cards there's usually no good reason even to have a debit card.

Got my card charged fraudently. Losers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I find out Roger Springfield had anything to do with this, I'm done with SU sports.

In the demo this news guy and some tech security guy, who actually built the scanner with parts he purchased online, went around this mall andtargeted women with purses for a "survey".

[/quote]

It's funny, today I received a phone call from my credit card company alerting me of potential fraud use of my Visa card. A charge of $282 was attempted for bus fare at a bus company in Birmingham Ala. Two other small charges were also attempted. I'm not sure what triggered the credit card company to initiate action. They've frozen my card and will be issuing me a new one.

The link for the above mentioned demo is: http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/lLAFhTjsQHw&sns=em