Watched my first Washington game tonight | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Watched my first Washington game tonight

Um, I thought we lost to Oregon...
Not sure but the Oregon team we lost to was a much different team early in the year when their big man was still playing. If I recall, he dominated us all night long. Plus we were missing Frank. As mentioned above, I have zero interest in Washington except for Hop.

Not sure but the Oregon team we lost to was a much different team early in the year when their big man was still playing. If I recall, he dominated us all night long. Plus we were missing Frank. As mentioned above, I have zero interest in Washington except for Hop.

Well they were missing Louis King another stud freshman and likely 1 and done that night.

I think anyone would have beaten us that game it was bad I was there like 3 rows behind our bench if we had gotten Iowa we'd have lost by more.

I really hope Oregon St can smoke Hops boys this week in Seattle. Its Stevie Jrs last year so I'd love to see them sneak into the dance. Washington was a cute story until they landed all those big time recruits now I am kind of over them. I don't think they are that good.

the PAC is tough to watch in general. Like was said above, UW looks like they are on fumes compared to a few weeks ago.

Hop is going to end up with 1 or 2 conference losses and for all that success will be rewarded with an 8/9 seed. Maybe.

Sounds like a reason to come back to Syracuse. Go 16-2 in conference and you're treated like a mid major.

Weak conference this year or not, kudos to Hop for getting his team to the Dance even if they're "playing on fumes" as alleged. They can reset at that time...and it's all about surviving and advancing at that point. I sure hope UW wins the PAC-12 tourney, the less bid stealers out there the better as well IMO.

Sounds like a reason to come back to Syracuse. Go 16-2 in conference and you're treated like a mid major.

I’m pretty safely aboard the “Hops not coming train” but a few years of disrespect in spite of a good conference showing may spur him.

This is the same team that won 9 games two years ago? They aren't world beaters so people are saying they aren't awesome?

They have a top 20 recruiting class coming in, right?

Wouldn't nitpick partial season events. I'd focus on the trends. I think Hop has them going the right way. Anyone want to say for sure Cuse is trending more positively in the big picture than UW? Not saying one is right or wrong.

This is the same team that won 9 games two years ago? They aren't world beaters so people are saying they aren't awesome?

Wouldn't nitpick partial season events. I'd focus on the trends. I think Hop has them going the right way. Anyone want to say for sure Cuse is trending more positively in the big picture than UW? Not saying one is right or wrong.

Thing is they won 20 games last year in the regular season and they weren't even sniffing the bubble.

Arizona's NCAA issues and UCLA's perpetual rebuilding don't seem to be ending anytime soon either.

Old Man on porch here...

I miss the times when the regionals were strictly geographical and determined who the best team in a region was. I'd like to see Gonzaga, Nevada and Washington along with Utah State, Arizona State, UC Irvine and Montana in the same bracket. The Final Four used to be a confrontation of champions - the best team in each region of the country.

Of course, that all ended with the UCLA dynasty, with people complaining that they had an easy road to the Final Four. And that's certainly what they would say this year.

Hop has aspirations to coach at the highest level possible. That’s not the PAC 12.

BEAE325F-A3D3-4A4B-80B5-5371A3364F86.jpeg

They probably have a top 5 class coming in when Jaden McDaniels commits which I think is what will happen. They have Quade Green and 2 top 10 kids. The also have Raquan Battle who is in the top 100 at the 2 guard.

They probably have a top 5 class coming in when Jaden McDaniels commits which I think is what will happen. They have Quade Green and 2 top 10 kids. The also have Raquan Battle who is in the top 100 at the 2 guard.

Yeah, not sure why there is so much angst. I get the P12 isn't great and UW is prob a good team this year that can flex up to very good at moments, but they are trending well and I'm happy for Hop, I think it's great. Testament that, regardless of whatever happened behind the scenes, JB and co had identified a capable persn as the next guy (I'm not getting into how legit that was or not).

Thing is they won 20 games last year in the regular season and they weren't even sniffing the bubble.

Arizona's NCAA issues and UCLA's perpetual rebuilding don't seem to be ending anytime soon either.
Oregon, Arizona and UW all have good classes coming in next year. This year UCLA had two kids go down and Oregon never really had Bol Bol and King healthly together. The last 2 years the conference has been bad but I think it is normally fine.

Oregon, Arizona and UW all have good classes coming in next year. This year UCLA had two kids go down and Oregon never really had Bol Bol and King healthly together. The last 2 years the conference has been bad but I think it is normally fine.

I’ll be surprised if Arizona keeps it together with what is coming down the pipe for them.

He is going to make a statement the next 2 years at UW...the question is...what then.

He is going to make a statement the next 2 years at UW...the question is...what then.
You know him much better than me. We have met and talked a handful of times since he has been here but I wouldn't say we are personal friends. I view him as a loyal guy and I think he isn't focused on money. So it won't be about getting more money from another school. I think if he is able to get it going really good the next 2 years he stays and if he leaves I think it would be to go back to Syracuse down the road. I'm just not sure how feasible that is. Let's say JAB retires after Buddy's last game and they go with Red Autry. If he wins like 18, 18 and 20 games he could lose his job and I'm not sure how likely it is that Hop would want to replace Red or someone else he loves. This would also be 6 years from now. I guess he could take the job right after JAB goes but I don't think that will happen. He was hurt the way things went down. The way people treated him during the 9 games and just the way it all happened in the end.

Isn’t Hop’s dad dealing with dementia? I can’t imagine Hop would leave the west coast while his dad is alive, and I certainly hope his dad has a lot of good years left.

I watched your Georgia Tech game, we’d welcome you too.

My point is, you can’t watch just one game and assume that’s who they are. UW did not play well today, but got the win. Like you guys, sometimes we look like we can beat anyone, other times we look like we can lose to anyone.
Dude the PAC 12 is GARBAGE

The Pac-12 has been awful, but it will bounce back. It’s still a power conference. But there is no defending how bad it has been this season. Oregon had some unfortunate injuries and everyone knew this would be a down season for Arizona.

If Miller can escape this investigation and keep his recruiting class, and UCLA finds a solid coach, Pac-12 should return to being a 4-6 bid league in a season or two.

Yeah, not sure why there is so much angst. I get the P12 isn't great and UW is prob a good team this year that can flex up to very good at moments, but they are trending well and I'm happy for Hop, I think it's great. Testament that, regardless of whatever happened behind the scenes, JB and co had identified a capable persn as the next guy (I'm not getting into how legit that was or not).
Can we no longer say that we lose recruits due to the zone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom