Watching Kansas struggle with Stanford's "Zone" makes me want to cry | Syracusefan.com

Watching Kansas struggle with Stanford's "Zone" makes me want to cry

I refuse to watch the game because I know we could beat KU. Chuck's prediction will come true this time. Dayton will get rolled by KU. A free pass to the Elite Eight, you might say. Dayton played out of their minds this weekend, but their run will end like a collision with a Mack truck.

Beat me to it. Was just gonna say this. They look lost.

Sheesh. I take back what I said earlier. KU would have no idea against us; the only question would have been could we score enough to win.

I refuse to watch the game because I know we could beat KU. Chuck's prediction will come true this time. Dayton will get rolled by KU. A free pass to the Elite Eight, you might say. Dayton played out of their minds this weekend, but their run will end like a collision with a Mack truck.

Eh, I really didn't think that Dayton played well yesterday. They just made fewer bad plays than we did. It's not as if it was a well-played game - to be fair, you could say the same about many of the games in the tourney so far.

At the same time, Stanford's bigs would give us issues. They have 2 big guys who can shoot, pass, and dribble.

Eh, I really didn't think that Dayton played well yesterday. They just made fewer bad plays than we did. It's not as if it was a well-played game - to be fair, you could say the same about many of the games in the tourney so far.

Yeah, it's not like they carved up the zone. When you can lose to awful teams like BC&GT, it doesn't take an "out of their minds" effort for the ~40th best team in the country to beat you when you play bad.
I couldn't give less of a crap about what Kansas does here. We'd get worked by Florida anyway.

Yeah, it's not like they carved up the zone. When you can lose to awful teams like BC&GT, it doesn't take an "out of their minds" effort for the ~40th best team in the country to beat you when you play bad.
I couldn't give less of a crap about what Kansas does here. We'd get worked by Florida anyway.

Agreed. Our margin for error was razor-thin this year. We lost to a couple of really bad teams (and nearly lost to another, St. Francis), and a few mediocre ones.

There's a lot of value to the program in getting to the Elite 8, which you seem to be ignoring. Recruiting is the first thing that comes to mind. Also, you never know - if 2/3 of Fair, Grant and Cooney got hot, this team could beat anyone and would've been one lucky win away from a Final Four.

Part of the reason I'm not as devastated by this loss is that I don't think we had a title team - but don't just write off the value of deeper runs.

There's a lot of value to the program in getting to the Elite 8, which you seem to be ignoring. Recruiting is the first thing that comes to mind. Also, you never know - if 2/3 of Fair, Grant and Cooney got hot, this team could beat anyone and would've been one lucky win away from a Final Four.

Part of the reason I'm not as devastated by this loss is that I don't think we had a title team - but don't just write off the value of deeper runs.
This would have been 3 Elite 8's in a row with almost a completely different cast each time; that's a really hard feat to achieve.

My thoughts watching this game: NCAA HAS to make the shot clock shorter. HAS TO.
Every game where one team has more talent is turning into 4 corners

I guess. I think in today's era of all our games being on tv, an extra week's exposure is not in the Top10 of things that matter for recruiting.

Man, Stanford with all these random guys who can make shots. Unreal.

I guess. I think in today's era of all our games being on tv, an extra week's exposure is not in the Top10 of things that matter for recruiting.

Man, Stanford with all these random guys who can make shots. Unreal.
Being on TV and getting into the tournament matter.

Recruits don't care if you're out in round of 32 or the Elite 8 when they're a senior in HS, but the fans do.

Kansas using pressure D to create more offensive chances. hmmmmm

Dayton beat a team that literally made one shot outside the paint yesterday. To me that's not playing out of their minds. If a team plays out of their minds they destroy any team who only makes a single shot outside the paint. They did everything they could to allow us to win and we still couldn't win. Our defense did keep us in the game, and even with very little offense we only lost by 2. Dayton made a Hail Mary three pointer and made another one that somehow almost stopped on the rim. They miss either one of those shots and we somehow win the game when we only make a single shot outside the paint.

I got off my point, but I guess what I am saying is I didn't think Dayton played that well. Plenty of teams were able to "shut down" our offense this season. Our defense kept us in most games.

looked like the Fair "charge" against Duke. At least they got the call right this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom