Watching Kansas struggle with Stanford's "Zone" makes me want to cry | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Watching Kansas struggle with Stanford's "Zone" makes me want to cry

Dayton beat a team that literally made one shot outside the paint yesterday. To me that's not playing out of their minds. If a team plays out of their minds they destroy any team who only makes a single shot outside the paint. They did everything they could to allow us to win and we still couldn't win. Our defense did keep us in the game, and even with very little offense we only lost by 2. Dayton made a Hail Mary three pointer and made another one that somehow almost stopped on the rim. They miss either one of those shots and we somehow win the game when we only make a single shot outside the paint.

I got off my point, but I guess what I am saying is I didn't think Dayton played that well. Plenty of teams were able to "shut down" our offense this season. Our defense kept us in most games.

Was that the one they took with 1 second on the shot block? They missed, and CJ gout outjumped for the rebound. They then saved it and threw it out of bounds off JGrant on a second save.

That was painful. I was so sure Fair would grab that board.

Florida's road to the Final Four could involve not playing a seed higher than a 9

Was that the one they took with 1 second on the shot block? They missed, and CJ gout outjumped for the rebound. They then saved it and threw it out of bounds off JGrant on a second save.

That was painful. I was so sure Fair would grab that board.

Yeah, I believe that was the same sequence. Total punch to the gut.

Florida must be downright giddy after the last 2 days

Yep. Gonna be primed for a FF run. Ugh, why can't that happen to us. Duke in 2010. Uconn in 2011...

Kansas has a kid off the bench who can hit threes in clutch :mad:

Dayton v Stanford. Smell the ratings.

(no diss to either team, both very deserving )

Florida's road to the Final Four could involve not playing a seed higher than a 9

Sort of like Kansas in 2011 I beleive. Everybody in the regional was below an 8 seed if IIRC. And VCU stunned them in the elite 8 as an 11 seed.

Well on the bright side; KU fans probably feel worse than we did last night.

It's weird not seeing someone fade on their three point shots...

Stanford is far superior to Dayton. Powell and Huestis are legit. Powell is an NBA player, and not just based off of "potential" like our guys always are.

Dayton was seriously not good. They had some good possessions off great ball movement but overall? We lost much more than they won.

Dayton was seriously not good. They had some good possessions off great ball movement but overall? We lost much more than they won.

Yep. I wasn't impressed by Dayton, at all.

I refuse to watch the game because I know we could beat KU. Chuck's prediction will come true this time. Dayton will get rolled by KU. A free pass to the Elite Eight, you might say. Dayton played out of their minds this weekend, but their run will end like a collision with a Mack truck.
All we had to do is rotate 2 or 3 guys off the bench for 5-7 minutes a game over the last 6 weeks and we wouldn't be where we are today, sitting at home. I hate Charles Barkley, but he made a great point. SU was way to predictable and we just left guys out there that had no confidence, couldn't get open, and even when they did couldn't finish for the most part. We died with the zone, it destroyed our running game, and what little offense we had stopped producing, well you get my point. Dayton mage us look like a mid major team trying to get a win. They embarrassed us late in the game with the way they made plays against our zone. The problem, IMO, with JB's team concept is not that the zone is his primary weapon, it is his ONLY one. Name one sport, one team, that only does it their way, every minute, all season long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom