Watching the G League | Syracusefan.com

Watching the G League

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
Playoff game between Erie and Ft. Wayne. It’s a playoff game and there are all of about 150 people in the stands. It’s really kind of mediocre Basketball, certainly not much D being played.

Yuck

Playoff game between Erie and Ft. Wayne. It’s a playoff game and there are all of about 150 people in the stands. It’s really kind of mediocre Basketball, certainly not much D being played.

Yuck

It might depend on location - the team in my town plays in a 2,500 seat arena downtown that's pretty much sold out every game, loud fans, great local support, good coaching, good players. If Baz plays here chances are he's gonna like it.

The Cooley kid from ND looks like he swallowed someone.

Wow he is huge and looks so out of shape. Certainly doesn’t look like a professional athlete - he should have played football.

I think the whole level of play thing isn't the issue. He obviously got paid by someone above and beyond the G League. The kid will get pounded on physically but he shares the ball and that increases popularity in a league where people want to get shots.

This was a business decision and he and his family or counsel chose this route. College, G-League, Europe it's all ball and he will have to work on the same things and will have opportunity to do so.

Look bigger and stronger than college guys. I don’t know Baz
Sure you do!
Baz is now
nukelaloosh.png

White, McCullough and Cavanaugh are on two-way deals, so they're making significantly more than their G League counterparts. I don't know why the Hawks have White down there though. The season has been lost for some time. Let him get meaningful minutes in the Association.

Yuck
That could (I didn't say "will") change if more top-flight recruits go this route.

I thought that was the primary reason people watched the NBA. {ducks}

Watch 5 guys all trying to get theirs and accumulate stats so they can maybe get a 10 minute look see in a call up. It's not about winning anything. It's about getting your own stats.

It is absolutely dog eat dog out there with no loyalties to anyone

Mosh pit of fence sitters

I thought that was the primary reason people watched the NBA. {ducks}

I assume you got this take from The Sabre. Judging by the looks of that board its members are posting from 2001.

I watched both of the Erie playoff games and I disagree about the level of play. Overall, they were much more team-oriented than I expected. The point guard Magette, genuinely gets others involved. They worked offense and considering how long White III has been with the team, they recognized his ability and actively worked to get him shots. There were a couple of surprises: 1) Cavanaugh was mostly ineffective in both games (my thought - He's a pro? Really?) and 2) McCullough would have been a really good senior. The big guys take a lot more three pointers than they should, but there's considerable pressure to show their Euro game. Luckily, for Erie, Evans and Putney were making them.

That could (I didn't say "will") change if more top-flight recruits go this route.

I only get excited watching last season's high school players when they are donning the right laundry. I can't imagine watching a G League team I have to connection to because a couple of really good high school players are on the team. If I can't watch Syracuse, then I suppose my next choice would be to watch real professionals in the NBA.

Its kind of like baseball. You might go to a minor league game because being at the game is part of the experience, but if I'm watching on TV or following a team its going to be a major league team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom