Watching these games lately... | Syracusefan.com

Watching these games lately...

And Oregon is still standing just like UNC.

Oregon has no chance homie. Keep dreaming.

Cmon. Your 2 best teams are done. One was blown out and the other lost to an 11 seed that barely made the tournament.

Oregon has no chance homie. Keep dreaming.

Cmon. Your 2 best teams are done. One was blown out and the other lost to an 11 seed that barely made the tournament.

It doesn't matter. I'm not saying the Ducks are winning it all but they have advanced just as far as our beloved ACC's only team left.

It doesn't matter. I'm not saying the Ducks are winning it all but they have advanced just as far as our beloved ACC's only team left.

It doesn't? UNC dominated. Oregon survived a 7 seed. Will get smoked.

But GO PAC 12!

It doesn't? UNC dominated. Oregon survived a 7 seed. Will get smoked.

But GO PAC 12!

Michigan was playing some of the best ball in the country and beat Louisville. Oregon is winning without Boucher. Clearly you don't understand any of this. Stick to the red tape stuff and analyzing contracts. Time to ignore.

Michigan was playing some of the best ball in the country and beat Louisville. Oregon is winning without Boucher. Clearly you don't understand any of this. Stick to the red tape stuff and analyzing contracts. Time to ignore.

So Oregon was fortunate to survive Rhode Island and Michigan? That makes the PAC 12 good? You're the big PAC 12 fan. Maybe you can explain their lack of success. Start with loaded Arizona.

What's a PAC 12 fan doing on a Syracuse fan forum by the way? Especially one that is constantly taking shots at the Syracuse program?

Last edited:
I think our system has a tendency to make guards look worse than they are. We are a heavy pick and roll offense with the rollers being no threat.
That's a great line and great description of what the Orange do.
The faux pick and roll where nothing happens except the guard keeps going laterally with the ball.

But this thread is right on the money.
You can't win consistently against top teams without strong, dominant guard play.

Look at our Final Four teams.
Dependable point play (notwithstanding Gbinije moving to the position)...usually a strong shooting guard who can also handle...and at least 3-deep.

'74-75: Jimmy Williams & Jimmy Lee and Kevin King and Ross Kindel
'86-87 Sherman Douglas & Greg Monroe and Stephen Thompson
'95-96 Laz Sims and Marius Janulis & Jason Cipolla & Todd Burgan
'03-'04 Gerry McNamara & Kueth Duany and Billy Edelin & Josh Pace
'12-'13 Michael Carter-Williams & Brandon Triche and Trevor Cooney
'15-'16 Michael Gbinije & Trevor Cooney and Malachi Richardson

I think our system has a tendency to make guards look worse than they are. We are a heavy pick and roll offense with the rollers being no threat.
Didn't hurt Dion's, MCW's or Ennis' draft stock if that was the case.

Our system is a lot more free flowing and gives guards more freedom than most other teams - however when you're lacking in talent it really hurts you.

Battle looked very good throughout the ACC games except the 3 he was sick. He could/will excel in a system like this.

So Oregon was fortunate to survive Rhode Island and Michigan? That makes the PAC 12 good? You're the big PAC 12 fan. Maybe you can explain their lack of success. Start with loaded Arizona.

What's a PAC 12 fan doing on a Syracuse fan forum by the way? Especially one that is constantly taking shots at the Syracuse program?

P12 is a mid major when it comes to the NCAAT. If Oregon loses then the P12 will have 4 Final Four teams in the last 19 years with 0.0 FFs in the last 9 years and 0.0 Titles in the last 20 years. SU almost has as many FFs as the entire P12 over that 19 year period.

Didn't hurt Dion's, MCW's or Ennis' draft stock if that was the case.

Our system is a lot more free flowing and gives guards more freedom than most other teams - however when you're lacking in talent it really hurts you.

Battle looked very good throughout the ACC games except the 3 he was sick. He could/will excel in a system like this.

why would it hurt their draft stock? scouts are smart enough to look past college systems when evaluating players. if you watched C. Anthony Townes in college, you'd think he was strictly a post up player.

Great guards are the key to building a winner at any level. It's not rocket science.

That's a great line and great description of what the Orange do.
The faux pick and roll where nothing happens except the guard keeps going laterally with the ball.

But this thread is right on the money.
You can't win consistently against top teams without strong, dominant guard play.

Look at our Final Four teams.
Dependable point play (notwithstanding Gbinije moving to the position)...usually a strong shooting guard who can also handle...and at least 3-deep.

'74-75: Jimmy Williams & Jimmy Lee and Kevin King and Ross Kindel
'86-87 Sherman Douglas & Greg Monroe and Stephen Thompson
'95-96 Laz Sims and Marius Janulis & Jason Cipolla & Todd Burgan
'03-'04 Gerry McNamara & Kueth Duany and Billy Edelin & Josh Pace
'12-'13 Michael Carter-Williams & Brandon Triche and Trevor Cooney
'15-'16 Michael Gbinije & Trevor Cooney and Malachi Richardson
You aren't really counting Kevin King and Ross Kindel as quality guards are you? And Todd Burgan played as much guard as I did on that '96 team. But the point that you need qulaity guard play in the tournament (or the regular season for that matter) is without question true.

I don't care if the Pac 12 ever wins the championship. It's not really the point at all. Lower yourself from that pedestal you think you're on.

It sure is the point. That was my point. What pedestal? I'll keep making my point. You don't have to like it bro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom