Watching Zack Allen tonight | Syracusefan.com

Watching Zack Allen tonight

tboxCUSE92

Scout Team
Temple is playing @ Cowboy Stadium, so dragging the girlfriend with me. I will come back with some detail.

I was going to say, I hope he actually has a game tonight.

And he's going to be in the Dome tomorrow so we can all say Hi.

So i've been half listening to this game and the thing i keep hearing is "ball is snapped and allen takes off running, he spins and he's taken down from behind for a loss of 3-6 yards". takes a total of 5 seconds every time. i feel like his O-line is terrible.

So i've been half listening to this game and the thing i keep hearing is "ball is snapped and allen takes off running, he spins and he's taken down from behind for a loss of 3-6 yards". takes a total of 5 seconds every time. i feel like his O-line is terrible.
or southlake would beat college programs

I know this is going to sound crazy, but this is kind of why I like him so much. In the film I saw when he first committed he was always under duress and typically made something out of nothing. Against Southlake their is probably even less room to do that and he's stopped for a loss. But, at least he's not on a team with a dominant line that gives him all day to throw, because he's unlikely to get that here. He'll hopefully be able to take advantage of his experience when the line breaks down and not panic.

As I mentioned, went to the temple game last night. A few takeaways:

Zach is a star. You can read the box score, but it doesn't tell the story. He is a tremendous athlete. A much stronger arm then I anticipated. He only had one major Ryan Nassib underthrow on a 40yd pass. He is faster than I anticipated as well. Saw an extra burner on a few plays running for first downs. Regarding his stats, must have seen 6-8 flat out drops from his wr's/rb's. His skill players were over matched by Southlake and just couldn't break away. The offense they ran last night was VERY similar to the current SU attack. Only real downside is his size. 185 is generous, needs to get in the gym.

Net/net, kid has the "it"factor. Played in front of 30k fans last night. Will flat out be a star in our current scheme. Runs, throws and makes good decisions..

Get ready..

As I mentioned, went to the temple game last night. A few take always:

Zach is a star. You can read the box score, but it doesn't tell the story. He is a tremendous athlete. A much stronger arm then I anticipated. He only had one major Ryan Nassib underthrow on a 40yd pass. He is faster than I anticipated as well. Saw an extra burner on a few plays running for first downs. Regarding his stats, must have seen 6-8 flat out drops from his wr's/rb's. His skill players were over matched by Southlake and just couldn't break away. The offense they ran last night was VERY similar to the current SU attack. Only real downside is his size. 185 is generous, needs to get in the gym.

Net/net, kid has the "it"factor. Played in front of 30k fans last night. Will flat out be a star in our current scheme. Runs, throws and makes good decisions..

Get ready..

Awesome - thanks!

thanks for your observations and insight; provides a good look at who he is!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom