Waters article on Southerland Appeal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Waters article on Southerland Appeal

I am guessing that this is similar to the drug test thing. This issue with the paper was probably brought to the athletic department or BB people at the time and was dismissed. The NCAA would have found out in their other investigation that such an event took place and now they (the school) need to judge whether it was appropriate to dismiss that report at the time or not. As such, the concern is that if this paper is found to be in violation of academic integrity policies, does that render JS retroactively ineligible and thus games from this and previous seasons could be vacated. There may be a lot more riding on this appeal today than just the remaining games of this season.

I am guessing that this is similar to the drug test thing. This issue with the paper was probably brought to the athletic department or BB people at the time and was dismissed. The NCAA would have found out in their other investigation that such an event took place and now they (the school) need to judge whether it was appropriate to dismiss that report at the time or not. As such, the concern is that if this paper is found to be in violation of academic integrity policies, does that render JS retroactively ineligible and thus games from this and previous seasons could be vacated. There may be a lot more riding on this appeal today than just the remaining games of this season.
Thats exactly my concern...Last year was last year, but could it affect us making NCAA this season if games are vacated

Thats exactly my concern...Last year was last year, but could it affect us making NCAA this season if games are vacated
How often does the NCAA vacate wins? They have vacated final 4s but wins not so much.

real story here is grant. no problem grant plays 2.8 minutes a game. grant is by far a better player, but like josh pace he would have not played or been a boeheimed casualty. lets hope if james is eligible both truly play and jb doesnt give one the carter williams treatment

Do you really believe that he would have written an entire paper, except for one single paragraph that was written by a tutor. I don't know what the real story is, but I suspect if its about one paragraph, its really about the one paragraph they are quite certain they can prove he didn't write.
A tutor could have rewriten a key paragraph that proved the whole paper.

"What you are saying is true but you have to say it like this. Here let me show you"