Way to early thoughts about potential 1 seeds | Syracusefan.com

Way to early thoughts about potential 1 seeds

Orangemen

All Conference
Though it's early still, I think 1 team is looking very good in the 1 seed discussion.

Florida will probably look great on selection sunday. There is a very good chance they go undefeated in conference, and at most should have 2 losses. Should they have 1 or 0 in conference losses, I don't see any way they are kept off the top line.

Kansas and Arizona are 2 teams that could be in great position on selection sunday, or could just be very over rated right now. Both have the potential to not lose a game in conference this year. Kansas will probably drop 2, but UA could get through without losing another one. I thnk KU sticks around, while UA takes some unexpected hits.

If KU only drops 2 conference games they will be tough to get past for the top line.

Michigan and Indiana will both be in play as well. The SOS numbers for these teams will be very good considering the depth of their conference. Both of them will not end up with #1 seeds, but it's a good bet that one of them will get one.

Duke is always a threat for a top seed, and they will be again this year. NC St will give them a good challenge in the conference, so Duke may not be able to run away with the league. But come ACC tourney time, Duke will probably win it, and if they win it, they will almost always get a #1 seed. They're no lock, but they are a serious threat.

SU and Louisville. Both teams should get through the conference with very strong records. The head to head games will be very important- if we can get the next one up in Syracuse, it's hard to see them in line ahead of us for a 1 seed.

To sum it up, I see one team that looks great for a 1 seed right now, and 7 teams battling for the last 3. Right now Duke, KU, and Michigan likely have the inside track, but SU and the Ville are right there, with IU not far behind. Arizona looks a little off the pace right now, but if they can take on only one more loss this year, they will certainly be in the discussion.

the winner of the big east will get a 1 seed, either us or louisville, assuming the winner goes no worse than 15-3 in the conference. got a feeling the big east regular season championship and a 1 seed will be on the line the last game of regular season.

This season is simple.

KU and Duke have the easiest #1 seeds because of their conferences. As long as neither loses more than another 2 games they are good.

BE and BiG winners get #1 seeds.

Florida is probably best positioned to get one if either KU or Duke really falters.

The Pac is simply not going to get a 1 seed now that AZ lost in conference.

My guess would be.

1 Duke, Mich, Kansas, SU
2. Lville, Florida, Arizona, and another BiG team OSU or MSU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors