Way to stick with you team, Some of You | Syracusefan.com

Way to stick with you team, Some of You

CuseHulk

Starter
You know who you are. Sell your season tickets, Book you N.I.T. Reservations, or whatever you want.

We have a young team, with young talent, but key word young. And some veteran players having to step up.

There not ready yet, that does not mean as we go through Non Conference play and enter Conference play we will not get better as the season goes on.

Were gonna take a step back, from the last few seasons. We'll have a decent season, make the NCAA Tournament and then who knows anything can happen.

Let's go Orange.

You know who you are. Sell your season tickets, Book you N.I.T. Reservations, or whatever you want.

We have a young team, with young talent, but key word young. And some veteran players having to step up.

There not ready yet, that does not mean as we go through Non Conference play and enter Conference play we will not get better as the season goes on.

Were gonna take a step back, from the last few seasons. We'll have a decent season, make the NCAA Tournament and then who knows anything can happen.

Let's go Orange.
Look at the schedule starting with 1/26 at UNC, the last 11 games are brutal. We play Duke twice, Pitt twice, UNC once, Louisville once, Notre Dame once, Virginia once, thats not a good schedule to finish the season.

Let's go Orange.
View attachment 30540
image.jpg

Let's go Orange.

Cool story, bro.

But until this team drinks some sort of elixir that makes them all better shooters, this team aint going anywhere.

There we go, Pessimistic Pete.

Theres a difference between pessimist and realist. Maybe if you took the orange colored glasses off, you would see that.

This team has flaws across the board. They may get better as the season advances, but those flaws are not going to be corrected this year. Notably lack of a scoring guard, consistent outside shooter, or backup center.

You're avatar.,is that a picture of you outside at your camp this week? :D
might be when I head up tommorrow. Was actually thinking of whats likely to become Millhouses' fate, the end result of his meathead punting political obsessions and frustrations :cool:

This team has flaws across the board. They may get better as the season advances, but those flaws are not going to be corrected this year.
if you mean by Dec. 31, then I agree

Theres a difference between pessimist and realist. Maybe if you took the orange colored glasses off, you would see that.

This team has flaws across the board. They may get better as the season advances, but those flaws are not going to be corrected this year. Notably lack of a scoring guard, consistent outside shooter, or backup center.

you forgot back up PG and a rebounding/do the dirty work type F

yes, this team is going nowhere this year
yes, I will still torture myself by watching every game I can

This team doesn't have a leader yet and is showing its youth. Let's hope they continue to develop and maybe by January they have more of an identity. I'd be happy if they were 10-3 to start January.

We have been blessed with a run of great seasons and a bit of bad post season luck. The early departures and inexperience are bound to catch up with us. Hell even UK has more upperclassmen with game experience.

I am shocked at some of the posters writing this team off, not so shocked at some others.

When you say "Gonna be a Long Year". You are writing this team off.

I am shocked at some of the posters writing this team off, not so shocked at some others.

When you say "Gonna be a Long Year". You are writing this team off.

I'm not writing anything off. But I'm not believing in anything more than a stint in the first weekend of the tournament until the team shows me something. That's the key, shows me something. As it stands, they haven't yet. They very well could. But that remains to be seen now doesn't it?

This is a tough one. I think you can be critical of your team while still "sticking with" them. I saw plenty of things that worried me tonight, but it was one game, and we have only played 3 (or 5 if you want to get technical) games. While I don't consider myself a Mantonio with regards to blind optimism, I also think it is too early to jump to conclusions in either direction.

I saw Rakeem miss a ton of short shots off the front of the rim that I have faith he won't do all year. I have faith that CM will be given the ball more in the future than he was tonight. Silent G gave me hope.

KJ scared me with some crazy plays and nobody knows whether he will grasp everything this year or if it will take him longer. It definitely seemed we had difficulty getting decent shots.

Bottom line is it is early, the team is young, and they have potential. Neither side of the good vs bad argument has a much of a leg to stand on quite yet. Anything is possible still.

Let's go Orange.

dude, i am all about "lets go orange"

but there is nothing wrong with calling it as you see it. you could tell the offensive WOES in the KSU game EASILY. Search my threads for that.

Doesn't mean i don't root like crazy for the team. or don't irrationally argue for the team with non cuse fans... but within family - this team sucks right now.

And I said it after the KSU game and got chastised for it.
http://syracusefan.com/threads/my-first-look-and-take-on-team-3-things.82894/#post-1195843
LAORANGE had this to say: "Rain meet Parade. Thank you Debbie Downer"

I hope we turn it around! And i would NOT be surprised if we did by the end of the year... but its clear how terrible we are on offense.

I just don't understand why some people here have to scold fans for being fans. This was a bad game -- it was a disturbing game -- people/fans are going to react accordingly. This is normal fan reaction and has nothing to do with sticking by your team or being a good fan.

I just don't understand why some people here have to scold fans for being fans. This was a bad game -- it was a disturbing game -- people/fans are going to react accordingly. This is normal fan reaction and has nothing to do with sticking by your team or being a good fan.
"How dare you recognize this team has serious flaws right now!"