Way too early Boeheims Army 2019 Lineup | Syracusefan.com

Way too early Boeheims Army 2019 Lineup

Same as this year except Rak instead of Riley, Rautins instead of Gillon, Gbinje instead of KJo, and add a 10th with Ennis or Cooney.

Ennis/Cooney
Triche
Devo
Rautins
Gbinje
DNic
Southerland
Hak
AO
Rak

Triche
Devo
Gillon
Joseph
Dirty
Nichols
Harris
Onuaku
Riley

Wonder if Hak leaves. Think Harris makes the next tourney.

Likely additions:

White
Rautins
Cooney

Hopeful additions:
Gbinije
Rak (hope he finds a place and sticks in the NBA)

Doubt Rak ever suits up for BA. He is marrying into royalty and probably never has to worry about money again. Then again, maybe he just wants to play with some of the guys again?

Bring back the prodigal sons!

Bj
Buss
Robey

Same as this year except Rak instead of Riley, Rautins instead of Gillon, Gbinje instead of KJo, and add a 10th with Ennis or Cooney.

Ennis/Cooney
Triche
Devo
Rautins
Gbinje
DNic
Southerland
Hak
AO
Rak
Melo

Melo

But he’ll be at the beginning of his farewell tour, signed by the knicks, after collecting a ring with the Rockets

2019 Boeheim's Army lineup (wishful thinking included):
  • Guards
    • John Gillon
    • Eric Devendorf
    • Brandon Triche
    • Michael Gbinjie (Boeheim's Army needs another capable guard and who better than he? Mike can bring the ball up the court, create for others in addition to getting his when he has to.)
  • Forwards
    • Demetris Nichols
    • Kris Joseph/James Southerland**
    • Paul Harris (with TBT becoming more and more wing oriented, you need a dog like Paul who will face up his man on defense and get some boards in the paint. He'd be very valuable if you played a small lineup.)
    • Rakeem Christmas (sufficient replacement for Hakim Warrick)***
  • Center
    • Arinze Onuaku
*I've omitted Hakim Warrick due to his age. While he was impressive in 2018, I don't think he'll want to play at age 37.
**I don't think both will be on the roster next season. It'll be either one of two. Although I believe Kris is the better player, there weren't enough minutes to go around and that could be the deciding factor as to whether or not he returns.
***Christmas doesn't really need the money being that he's marrying into basketball royalty. He's going to be the toughest get.

Ennis/Cooney
Triche
Devo
Rautins
Gbinje
DNic
Southerland
Hak
AO
Rak

Gillon should absolutely be on the team next year. He's earned that much. Would love Rautins & Christmas but not sure that's happening if it hasn't already. Gbinije would be great in this format - would really help along the baseline as a quicker wing in the zone. Also would be OK with Cooney, as long as he doesn't shoot anything other than wide open 3's.

2019 Boeheim's Army lineup (wishful thinking included):
  • Guards
    • John Gillon
    • Eric Devendorf
    • Brandon Triche
    • Michael Gbinjie (Boeheim's Army needs another capable guard and who better than he? Mike can bring the ball up the court, create for others in addition to getting his when he has to.)
  • Forwards
    • Demetris Nichols
    • Kris Joseph/James Southerland**
    • Paul Harris (with TBT becoming more and more wing oriented, you need a dog like Paul who will face up his man on defense and get some boards in the paint. He'd be very valuable if you played a small lineup.)
    • Rakeem Christmas (sufficient replacement for Hakim Warrick)***
  • Center
    • Arinze Onuaku
*I've omitted Hakim Warrick due to his age. While he was impressive in 2018, I don't think he'll want to play at age 37.
**I don't think both will be on the roster next season. It'll be either one of two. Although I believe Kris is the better player, there weren't enough minutes to go around and that could be the deciding factor as to whether or not he returns.
***Christmas doesn't really need the money being that he's marrying into basketball royalty. He's going to be the toughest get.

It is not going to work like that. He better pull his own weight.

If Andrew White doesn’t stick in the NBA, he’d be the perfect addition to this team.

I can’t believe how athletic Hak still is. He was like inspector gadget out there.

As to Hak, his age showed on defense.

As to Hak, his age showed on defense.

Some of the young players didn’t have that excuse but unfortunately showed their weakness on defense.

Gillon should absolutely be on the team next year. He's earned that much. Would love Rautins & Christmas but not sure that's happening if it hasn't already. Gbinije would be great in this format - would really help along the baseline as a quicker wing in the zone. Also would be OK with Cooney, as long as he doesn't shoot anything other than wide open 3's.

Someone’s gotta go if we’re gonna add a couple guards. He and Devo are both horrible in defense but Devo is the heart and soul. So Gillon is out.

Someone’s gotta go if we’re gonna add a couple guards. He and Devo are both horrible in defense but Devo is the heart and soul. So Gillon is out.

Yeah, that woulda worked great. :rolleyes:

We don’t win either of the first 2 games this year without Gillon.

If Andrew White doesn’t stick in the NBA, he’d be the perfect addition to this team.

I can’t believe how athletic Hak still is. He was like inspector gadget out there.

This would be a terrific add. And really, what we need to advance a little bit further in this tournament -- DNic on one wing, and another knock down shooter on the other side of the floor like White. Would love to see Gbinije, too. Zone would look terrific with him up top, to say nothing of his playmaking / shooting.

I like Southerland, but he is just too streaky -- he's just as apt to go 1-5 from three as he is to go 4-5 any given game -- and unfortunately he's more prone to 1-5 type of nights. Along those same lines, I expected KJo to have a much better tournament than he did due to his age, athleticism, shooting ability, versatility, etc. -- and he wasn't able to contribute much.

Gillon earned his stripes this year -- he should definitely be on the squad.

Yeah, that woulda worked great. :rolleyes:

We don’t win either of the first 2 games this year without Gillon.

How do you know what a rautins and ennis would have done?

Love Gillon’s offensive quickness but his defense is an obvious weakness. He stares at the ball losing his man and for some reason despite being so short, he kept dropping down into the paint with the big guys when the ball went to the opposite corner leaving his perimeter man uncovered. My wish for an addition would be a guard who is better at creating for others, makes the occasional open 3 pointer offensively and can play great defense on players like Diener, Acker to stymie the hot hand of an opponent's guard. Even in games we won, our opponents had more assists. Setting screens, driving and kicking to free our best 3 point shooter DNic should have been a priority.

Guards: (we need four, can't play with only three again. In this format guards are more important than inside height and with six fouls you don't need the same depth on the front line that you might need in college)

(1) Devo - can't imagine now having him, his fire and his ability to get a bucket
(2) Gillon - love how quick he is at times and how he puts pressure on the defense and gets to the line. Would prefer if he wasn't such a streaky shooter.
(3) Gbinije - would enjoy seeing him and think he would be a great help.
(4) [Rautins, Flynn, Jardine, Triche] - I would like to see someone other than Triche. I don't like his game in this format. Would love Rautins and then either Flynn or Jardine, if they haven't lost their skills. If they are completely out of shape and no Rautins than Triche.

Forwards:

(5) DNic - would love to have him back, be surprised if he comes back sounded like he really had to be convinced to play this year.
(6) White at worst he would be an offensive upgrade on JSouth
(7) Hak - I was skeptical, but his performance against Marquette makes me think if we want to use him he can still be somewhat dominant offensively inside. Might be interesting to see him playing more center.

Center:

(8) Rak or AO - I'll take either, but don't think you can have both on the roster as I don't think you can play them together and you can' t have one playing Dash minutes.
(9) Riley - perfect back up center to a starter that doesn't typically get in foul trouble.

How do you know what a rautins and ennis would have done?

Since they have never suited up for TBT, we'll never know.
We DO know what GIllon did - win us the first 2 games, almost single-handedly.

He's a perfect off-the-bench guard for TBT - play him and see if he gets hot, and if so, ride him.
If not, play one of the other guards.

Would LOVE to have a Rautins, Ennis, or Silent G on the squad - but since none of them are, we were very lucky to have Gillon, or it would have been 1-and-done for TBT this year.

Since they have never suited up for TBT, we'll never know.
We DO know what GIllon did - win us the first 2 games, almost single-handedly.

He's a perfect off-the-bench guard for TBT - play him and see if he gets hot, and if so, ride him.
If not, play one of the other guards.

Would LOVE to have a Rautins, Ennis, or Silent G on the squad - but since none of them are, we were very lucky to have Gillon, or it would have been 1-and-done for TBT this year.

Also important to point out that not all teams we face are the same. There are games when a guy like Gillon is better suited to attack with his speed, and as a scorer -- and other opponents where a player like Triche might be a better option given match ups.

This would be a terrific add. And really, what we need to advance a little bit further in this tournament -- DNic on one wing, and another knock down shooter on the other side of the floor like White. Would love to see Gbinije, too. Zone would look terrific with him up top, to say nothing of his playmaking / shooting.

I like Southerland, but he is just too streaky -- he's just as apt to go 1-5 from three as he is to go 4-5 any given game -- and unfortunately he's more prone to 1-5 type of nights. Along those same lines, I expected KJo to have a much better tournament than he did due to his age, athleticism, shooting ability, versatility, etc. -- and he wasn't able to contribute much.

Gillon earned his stripes this year -- he should definitely be on the squad.
Definitely. I would take Andrew White every day of the week in this tournament. The amount of open looks some of the guys got, he would have a field day. He hit about a thousand contested shots in his one season, can only imagine what he'd do with even more space to shoot.

And I am right with you on Dirty. He can get as hot as any shooter, but he also can get cold, and if he has to dribble the ball more than twice, it's pretty much a guaranteed turnover. The few times he brought the ball up the floor by default, I actually had to look away!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom