Way-Too-Early Top 25 for 24-25 Season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Way-Too-Early Top 25 for 24-25 Season

Our entire "young team/group" left except for JJ. LOL.

It did have a nice, happy, nostalgic effect on me though seeing a #10 next to Syracuse again. Hopefully, DeCourcy's fantasyland becomes reality someday.

I think Decourcy sort of acknowledges the stupidity of doing top 25 now (moreso than ever) without outright saying it. But continues doing it because its their tradition.

I think JJ is going to make a significant jump next year without Judah. But he has to improve his outside shot. I also think Westry will get significant run at PG/SG/SF as Red looks to get him on the floor. He’ll replace Q’s duties next year.

I’ll be happy when we get a PG (must be able to shoot) and a SF (must be able to shoot and rebound) from the portal.

Team chemistry has to improve. Red has to find guys that like to play together as a team. That wasn’t always the case this year.

PG: Portal; Westry
SG: JJ; Moore; Cuffe
SF: Bell; Portal (some Westry)
PF: Freeman; (??? Lamkin? Or portal SF if they can backup both F spots)
C: Lamkin; McLeod; Patterson

Real topic though -- what would it take to actually be solidly top 25?

Real topic though -- what would it take to actually be solidly top 25?
We add a PG to the current mix then I think we are right in the top 25 conversation. Many good pieces but some questions that we won’t know for awhile:
- Can this team defend effectively (improvements required for JJ and Bell and for the entire system played last year)

- is freeman a capable ACC PF offensively and defensively. Seems to be but you don’t really know with frosh

- do we run an effective offense vs non stop iso ball

- is Westry healthy and can he capture potential

Autry in game coaching improvements which includes having his team play with intensity for 40 minutes and buying into his message.

Cuse!

We add a PG to the current mix then I think we are right in the top 25 conversation. Many good pieces but some questions that we won’t know for awhile:
- Can this team defend effectively (improvements required for JJ and Bell and for the entire system played last year)

- is freeman a capable ACC PF offensively and defensively. Seems to be but you don’t really know with frosh

- do we run an effective offense vs non stop iso ball

- is Westry healthy and can he capture potential

Autry in game coaching improvements which includes having his team play with intensity for 40 minutes and buying into his message.

Cuse!
If we're just adding a PG, I think it needs to be Mack or Kadary, and Westry needs to be healthy and good, JJ needs to take a step up, Moore needs to make shots, and Donnie needs to be a one-and-done. So, I think we need one of those PGs plus a good big forward backup and good wing backup. And then hope for a least a couple of those things I mentioned in my first sentence. Plus run better stuff.

Congratulations to Duke for being the offseason National Champion a record twelfth year in a row.

How many of their fans have jumped on the UConn bandwagon?

Congratulations to Duke for being the offseason National Champion a record twelfth year in a row.

How many of their fans have jumped on the UConn bandwagon?

They can now dream of catching UCONN someday.

I wonder if Cooper Flagg will change his mind

What? Our team is light years away from a #10 national ranking. Still trying to avoid a #10 ranking in the ACC.

What? Our team is light years away from a #10 national ranking. Still trying to avoid a #10 ranking in the ACC.

I'll take a #10 seed, thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom