Wayne Williams | Syracusefan.com

Wayne Williams

garydelano

Walk On
Just how good was Wayne Williams coming out of High School. Rivals dosen't say.

Just how good was Wayne Williams coming out of High School. Rivals dosen't say.

I think that it is much harder to project football prospects--especially in the trenches--than it is for, say, basketball.

Williams is massive, and he has surprising athleticism for a kid that size. So not surprisingly, he was physically dominant at the high school level who would have garnered a lot more recruiting attention if his grades had been in order. That article that someone posted the other day indicated that a lot of the elite-caliber teams recruiting his blue chip teammate, Ishaq Williams, were also recruiting him [I think he mentioned Florida and Alabama, specifically]. Who knows where he would have ended up if he'd been qualified.

I'm just glad he ended up at the 'Cuse.

if his grades were in order he probably would have been 4**** based on his measurable's alone ... throw in potential and there was some serious players interested

we got ourselves a player at a position of constant need who can make a BIG impact once he arrives if he stays focused in the gym and in the classroom

i think it was J.C. site that has him listed as a 4 star now

Wayne is awesome, if SU can grab the cream of the crop from NYC every year and coach them up, there would be no question who New York's college team is. In my opinion, that is the only way to grab the attention of the average NYC sports fan, win with home grown talent.

We need to get him recruiting for us.

We should send him to the homes of the top notch RBs and QBs and have him say ... "You can either play with me ... or I'm gonna drop you in the backfield like a bad habit." I would like to believe a few might sign on :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom