We all owe Seth Davis an apology... | Syracusefan.com

We all owe Seth Davis an apology...

690West

Moneyline Master
F him. If we lose this game it will vault to the #1 worst loss in program history. I will give up beer for 5 years if we lose this game.
Someone pass this along to the players. This cannot come to pass.

F him. If we lose this game it will vault to the #1 worst loss in program history. I will give up beer for 5 years if we lose this game.

PBR's taste like water anyways:noidea: How about golf.:p

Even better - if we lose the game against Montana, Marsh has to buy and wear a UConn t-shirt, and use it as his avatar for...let's say, a month?

Oh stuff. Thats a tough one. I would say that I would (and thats saying something because thats my life from April - October)

When you see this quick clip and his detailed explanation as to why Montana will beat Syracuse, I think you'll agree that this guy knows his stuff.

In case you don't feel like watching the clip, the reason Montana will beat Syracuse is because "when Syracuse is bad, they're really bad" I gotta go change my brackets!!
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ba...-madness-seth-davis-east-region&sct=hp_t11_a8
And when they're good, they're very good. And when they're mediocre, they're very mediocre. Duh

Even better - if we lose the game against Montana, Marsh has to buy and wear a UConn t-shirt, and use it as his avatar for...let's say, a month?

Ha...if we win the NC I will most certainly do that!

When you see this quick clip and his detailed explanation as to why Montana will beat Syracuse, I think you'll agree that this guy knows his stuff.

In case you don't feel like watching the clip, the reason Montana will beat Syracuse is because "when Syracuse is bad, they're really bad" I gotta go change my brackets!!
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ba...-madness-seth-davis-east-region&sct=hp_t11_a8

Upsets usually are based on some sort of reasoning (matchups, style, etc), not just that one team may or may not play bad and another team has been solid in their conference. Seth is pulling this out of his butt, if he's wrong, bfd, but if he's right he looks like a star. Puh-lease. Montana can shoot, ok, we've seen that all season long from a number of good teams. They have a good coach. Wow, scary. Have they seen a zone like ours? No? Have they struggled against zones? Yes. Do they have anyone inside that can hurt us? No? Ok, Seth, tell me, where are the ingredients for an upset??? Exactly, there are none. That doesn't mean lightening won't strike and MCW and Brandon won't go TO crazy, but does Montana have the players to create turnovers? No, so even that's kind of unlikely. Maybe they win, maybe not, but it won't be for Seth's non reasons.

Seth Davis picked against Louisville every......single......game......last year, in the tourney. Honestly, he is that rarest of rare's - a "expert" with the basketball sense of a muskrat. We got all hot and bothered because he picked UK to beat us - Hell, suddenly we got optimistic!

I wonder how many others have not lost to teams that did not make the tourney, because I'm pretty sure SU is one of them. So I guess when we're really bad, we still beat teams like Montana.

According to Davis, Duke should be picked as well to lose in the first round, because they too got shalacked by 30, and looked really really bad. Throw Kansas in their too, and Georgetown, and a handful of other top seeded teams who have looked really really bad this year at some point.

I wonder how many others have not lost to teams that did not make the tourney, because I'm pretty sure SU is one of them. So I guess when we're really bad, we still beat teams like Montana.

According to Davis, Duke should be picked as well to lose in the first round, because they too got shalacked by 30, and looked really really bad. Throw Kansas in their too, and Georgetown, and a handful of other top seeded teams who have looked really really bad this year at some point.
Yes that's all fine and dandy but, A. Seth doesn't use logic and b. Seth sat court side during the BET.
image.jpg

Yes that's all fine and dandy but, A. Seth doesn't use logic and b. Seth sat court side during the BET.
View attachment 2694
Actually, on Selection Sunday, he did provide logic. The Montana guards are very solid (according to him) and ours? Well, we had just watched Triche & MCW completely melt down.

I don't really think that SU will lose to Montana...but this 7 letter word comes creeping into my mind...(you can guess what it is). JB has to get this team mentally ready to play an inferior opponent which sometimes seems hard for him.

I don't know why people get all worked up by this stuff. I've watched experts and talking heads for 2 days now and they all have a couple upsets picked. I can't remember which game but Bilas last night pretty much guaranteed one of the play ins was beating whomever it was playing. Another has Marquette going down first round, etc. Another has Belmont winning. They all pick these upsets.

Sent using my Commodore 64

I don't know why people get all worked up by this stuff. I've watched experts and talking heads for 2 days now and they all have a couple upsets picked. I can't remember which game but Bilas last night pretty much guaranteed one of the play ins was beating whomever it was playing. Another has Marquette going down first round, etc. Another has Belmont winning. They all pick these upsets.

I didn't see it but I guarantee the play in was the winner of Middle Tennessee/St. Mary's beating Memphis.

I think it was the fact that as soon as SU was announced as a four seed Davis couldn't get his statement out fast enough to proclaim they were his upset pick in the first round. No thought went into who the other team was, just the fact that he does not like SU this year as the basis of his claim. When looking deeper at the matchup, I think most people would agree it is a pretty silly pick, but good on him if he turns out right.

I'm not bent out of shape by his pick, I was just making fun of his reasoning.

I didn't see it but I guarantee the play in was the winner of Middle Tennessee/St. Mary's beating Memphis.

Now that you mention it that was it.

So only liquor?

maybe #2 behing Richmond

We lost to UConn. They are not in the tournament.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom