I have SU in a 6 team parlay week 1.

Clemson -34
SU -17.5
Nebraska-34
Illinois -16
Alabama -31.5
Michigan -31

It pays 4000 for 100 I spent.
You mean it pays $100 to the book. I wish you luck, but there's a reason the payout is that high. Every parlay I played back in the day (early 90s) was "easy money" for me, only it never was. I only put $5 on them, so I wasn't that broken up. It was akin to buying a scratcher, really.

They are playing Akron. Again people research this stuff. Akron lost their QB and hired a new coach installing a new system.
Illinois is going to win that easy.
Parlaying 6 double digit favorites implies that your “research” led you to identify the better team, but not bet smart. I can tell you now that those 6 will not all cover. You are picking both teams that played for the national championship to cover 30+ point spreads along with a host of others. Not only did you do this, but you did it for week 1 of the college football season. Talk about a sucker bet.

They are playing Akron. Again people research this stuff. Akron lost their QB and hired a new coach installing a new system.
Illinois is going to win that easy.
First off, Kato Nelson is returning at QB for the Zips and they are expected to still use him as a pro style QB (ok, sure the terminology might change)? Also, you do realize that Illinois is the one replacing their QB, so not only were you wrong, but your point actually would then go the other way. Last year’s Illinois QB had a 6TD-10INT ratio. I would love to see the guy who lost the staring job to him last year in camp. Maybe Illinois covers but I personally dislike the bet given it parlays so many heavy favorites and think any reasoning you have provided is misguiding. With that said, I wish you good luck. I would never root for someone’s bet to miss just because I don’t fundamentally agree with the picks and pick logic.

Last edited:
First off, Kato Nelson is returning at QB for the Zips and they are expected to still use him as a pro style QB (ok, sure the terminology might change)? Also, you do realize that Illinois is the one replacing their QB, so not only were you wrong, but your point actually would then go the other way. Last year’s Illinois QB had a 6TD-10INT ratio. I would love to see the guy who lost the staring job to him last year in camp. Maybe Illinois covers but I personally dislike the bet given it parlays so many heavy favorites and think any reasoning you have provided is misguiding. With that said, I wish you good luck. I would never root for someone’s bet to miss just because I don’t fundamentally agree with the picks and pick logic.

Someone needs to bump this post after week 1. I have no idea who will cover in these games, but I always like to hear about "so and so winning/covering" is a sure thing. If it were, why isn't everyone placing the same bet? ;)

Someone needs to bump this post after week 1. I have no idea who will cover in these games, but I always like to hear about "so and so winning/covering" is a sure thing. If it were, why isn't everyone placing the same bet? ;)
Nothing is a sure thing. I never claimed otherwise. All I said was I placed a 100 bet on 6 week 1 games that would pay 4000.
I like my bet.

Replying to this so I get a notification when the thread is bumped.

Also, I am starting a petition for Alsacs to let his winnings ride on a week 2 parlay after he hits in week 1.

Replying to this so I get a notification when the thread is bumped.

Also, I am starting a petition for Alsacs to let his winnings ride on a week 2 parlay after he hits in week 1.
I would let 100 dollars roll but the place I bet has a max payout at 10k.

So I could do a 2 team parlay the following week.

Nothing is a sure thing. I never claimed otherwise. All I said was I placed a 100 bet on 6 week 1 games that would pay 4000.
I like my bet.
I like the payout and risk for picking 6 games. I just have trouble trailing plays when every pick is on the favorite or every pick is on the dog. Obviously more than 6 favorites will cover week 1 but my reservation is with you finding the better teams going into week 1 and just taking them by the points. What if Illinois was a 22 point favorite and Clemson was a 41 point favorite you know. Like where is the line in the sand where you would have felt the value lied with the underdog. I think it’s particularly tough to draw this line heading into week 1.

I like SU at -17.5. I can easily see 38-14 as a final.

Depends on what the offense does when Tommy walks off to a standing ovation part way through the 3rd quarter but I think the mentality of this team is different under Babers.

We've got a lot of talent beyond the first string that will be looking to make a statement and I don't think they'll be content to just run the clock out. We'll we respectful in our play calls but we've got guys that can break long runs and wr's at 5-10 that can slip a tackle and be gone. Same goes for backup DE's and secondary players if Liberty try and throw the entire game.

This thread is going to have me betting Saratoga today just to make the day go by.

I made $200 up there last weekend (well, Friday since Saturday races were closed), so I have some found money to play with.

Beware Liberty - they are a scrappy bunch who will hang around to the end if you let them. Syracuse needs to blow them out - take no chances!

I think your right about this. This game screams get a big lead early or you (we) will regret it. Liberty has numerous flaws and SU is clearly the better team but I think this could be a lot closer then people realize. Road game with a new starting QB against an opponent playing its biggest opponent ever at home. This could get dicey if SU doesn't come out and set the tone early.

Liberty has on paper a terrible defense we should be able to jump up early and need to keep the defense in till late to prevent them from mounting any type of comeback as I expect their offense to be much better then the defense they have.
Cuse 54-21 feel type of game

Parlays are very popular way of betting, but they are sucker bets just like teasers, and as u might have read I already bet a teaser. For those who are interested a good sharp to follow if you like sports betting is Teddy Covers and also listen to VSIN on satellite radio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom