We are 4 players away from a great season if... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We are 4 players away from a great season if...

kinda pathetic that some people get called out because they have a opinion that you disagree with- the way you gang up is not unlike a nazi attitude- the disdain shown over a internet post is kinda sad

you dont have to agree with what i think or how i write it-its america

the holier than though attitude is whats so disturbing

what did i say that was so bad?

that a offense would be nice for once?we finally got one

that our recruiting under marrone is suspect? no realist would think it isnt

yet you gang up and try to make yourselves feel better by putting me down

Some of that is because of absolutely horrible special teams, and som eof that is because we have a "bend but don't break" style of defense.
Our special teams actually had very good coverage after our first couple of games, and our defense was "bend but don't break" out of necessity rather than choice. We didn't have a consistent pass rush, as evidenced by the numbers I presented earlier, and our corners are not lock down types, hence the number of third and longs we gave up. We also were very poor against zone option teams with athletic quarterbacks. When our interior d-line creates havoc and keeps the LB's clean they make plays. When they don't the LB's can't shed blocks, and they get pushed around. Our defense was mediocre at best and will need to improve next year to make up for the many personel changes on offense.

Maybe its me but we seemed to get burned repeatedly on simple screen plays. A couple went long distance for TDs or to set up TDs. One block on the DB and they were gone. It was the one play I kept dreading all season. Conversely, we never seemed to be able to make that block ourselves.

kinda pathetic that some people get called out because they have a opinion that you disagree with- the way you gang up is not unlike a nazi attitude- the disdain shown over a internet post is kinda sad

you dont have to agree with what i think or how i write it-its america

the holier than though attitude is whats so disturbing

what did i say that was so bad?

that a offense would be nice for once?we finally got one

that our recruiting under marrone is suspect? no realist would think it isnt

yet you gang up and try to make yourselves feel better by putting me down

Ahahahahaha

That makes no sense to me at all. We are among the worst in the nation in pass D and 60 somthing in scoring D. If you think that is acceptable then I don't know what you think is unacceptable.

I feel our db's are fine. I think Keon Lyn is our best defender, and Reddish is going to be good, when he's not dropping pick 6's. Our biggest weakness, no coincidence our biggest concern. We had no pass rush when we weren't blitzing. There were so many times when the opposing qb had all day to sit back and pick apart our secondary. they would initially have great coverage for 4 or 5 seconds, but you can't ask for anything more then that. Other then Sharpe racking up those 4 sacks in the Pitt game we had no pressure, and didn't seem to address the need. Bromely, and Crume or more space eaters, and good against the run. MPB had a decent start to the season, but still isn't a strong pass rusher. I just don't know who were going to turn to next season. I love our secondary, and it's depth. I think safety will be fine. I even don't mind our LB's. Davis makes some big plays, Spruill will be a 4 year starter, and either Lynch, or Arcigneia should be fine at the MIKE, not to mention Washington, and dare I say Ebo, waiting in wings at olb. Someone just find us some pass rushers

this is the poorest group of linebackers at su in decades- not one monster among them- this caused the db's to play the run first so they were caught out of position quite a bit-also the tackling was pathetic - the db's had the mindset to shoulder hit and quite a few guys just bounced off and kept going-

schafer did a dang good job considering the talent on hand-

Decades. Really? I'm not about to say this is our best group of LBers over the past 20 years but it certainly isn't the worst, even suggesting it is shows that you have 1 of 3 things: 1) a poor memory, 2) a desire to overexaggerate, or 3) a desire to be negative just to be negative. Were you in a coma from 2005-2008?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom