We are a Program In Transition. Buckle up! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We are a Program In Transition. Buckle up!

Are we on the right transition path or the wrong transition path?! I'm lost!

200w.gif
Yes. Next question. :confused:

I have to wonder how much NIL there was at UCONN for the players this year. There big national deal for Sanogo with Sunoco lasted about 2 days before he declared for the draft. I live in CT and see a few signings for Clingan and tee shirt sales but I dont see a lot of adds for MBB, I saw more for Paige Buckets before she got hurt again. They seem to do about the same stuff I see SU doing. It was enough for them to win a Natty with an embarrassment for a head coach and an athletic dept that loses a fortune every year. In my mind they have demonstrated it can be done. Any UCONN lurkers on the board know if the players are driving around Storrs in fancy sports cars and dating Victoria Secret models?
I live in Rochester and see absolutely nothing with SU athletes. Nothing. So if it's only local there is no comparison between doing stuff around Syracuse versus Boston. 1 or 2 deals in Boston could total more than all of Syracuse activities. Goes back to recruiting for central NY versus Boston/New England. Don't know for sure, just saying.

I live in Rochester and see absolutely nothing with SU athletes. Nothing. So if it's only local there is no comparison between doing stuff around Syracuse versus Boston. 1 or 2 deals in Boston could total more than all of Syracuse activities. Goes back to recruiting for central NY versus Boston/New England. Don't know for sure, just saying.
Yea, no one in Boston pays attention to local college basketball players outside of the campuses. Maybe some hockey players but that’s it. Not sure how they’d be getting big NIL deals. It’s all about pro sports. That’s the advantage of mid sized cities like Syracuse and Rochester. Syracuse is basically the local pro sports team of upstate. We just gotta get good again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom