WE are getting outworked. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

WE are getting outworked.

I think it's four years(maybe even more) now that JB hasn't attended a HS game for a recruit that didn't involve his sons playing in it. No bueno.
Jim does us no favors anymore in recruiting. That's certain. Younger new coach will help. Ollie has out recruited us big time since he took over. Oh and he has a title.

I think it's four years(maybe even more) now that JB hasn't attended a HS game for a recruit that didn't involve his sons playing in it. No bueno.

Dude is old...he hits the early bird special and retires to the den for the evening. There's a reason most folks retire at 65 and watch tv all day.

Jim does us no favors anymore in recruiting. That's certain. Younger new coach will help. Ollie has out recruited us big time since he took over. Oh and he has a title.

Ollie won a title with Calhoun's players and Ollie hasn't out recruited us big time. Now you're just sounding a little bit bitter. You can look this stuff up. He's had one class rated higher than ours since he has been there at that was this past year when he signed 5 players and we signed 3. I don't think any of the guys he signed are as good as Battle or Thompson.

You want to talk about player development and our guys leaving early you may have more of a legit point.

Getting testy up in here. Yikes.

It was a good run. We all knew it had to end at some point.

I am worried. 2017 recruiting class already looks grim:

Verbal Commits

I like sub-4 players because they stay multiple years and many times become great players. The problem is this or next year is JB's last year. We do not have a descent PG for next season. I would be very happy to get 4 star player at this point for the 2018 class. With coach Hop taking over there's just too many unknowns. I'm afraid we may see a 4 to 6 year low as Hop takes over. Having a HOF coach was a great selling point for recruiting. And we have overachieved for so many years now. It's going to be a long road for a bit. The next few years will be happiness fuel for when the program returns to near elite status.

I can see the other poster's comments about Duke and UK somehow slipping money to players under the covers. UK gets 5 5-star recruits year after year. It's just amazing. Maybe after the Dome is renovated just the venue itself will be enough of an attraction for good players. When JB is going it's going to be tough.

I'm going to stop spewing my dislike for Coach Calipari. He and his staff are out everywhere showing recruits their interest. Give a read to today's ZAGs blog. Most dislike Cal ...but he hustling constantly. Can we say the same???

Look at the 2018 and 2019 top recruits. Northeast recruits aren't even listing us. Granted, Rvals and Skou# (misspelled on purpose) are slow to update ( see Carmody). But if this program doesn't pick it up, we are headed for football-like consequences. Mediocrity here we come.

I can't disagree with your first part that it seems like we are getting outworked, although let's keep in mind that we are still living with the sanctions that reduced our road footprint until this May fwiw.

Your 2nd paragraph is total garbage though. Which top Northeast recruits aren't listing us? Last I knew, we were in on Cam Reddish, Naz Reid, Louis King, Jalen Smith, Jahvon Quinerly, Hameir Wright, and Brandon Slater.

Whether you think we'll actually land any of them or not is up for debate (I can already see the writing on the wall on a few like Reed and Quinerly), but you can't act like we're not even in play for them. That's ridiculous.

I personally think we're in a good spot with a few of them like Smith, Wright, and Slater. Land 2 of those 3, plus a few of the lower top 100ish kids were involved with (Carmody, Forrester, Moore, Swider, Williams, Ayala if he doesn't reclassify) and that's a pretty nice class