We aren't better than last year | Syracusefan.com

We aren't better than last year

You hit the nail on the head... same players, same limitations for the most part. We need to embrace winning ugly.

We really weren't that good last year. Everyone was hoping we would improve with the same guys back. Not so much. Still alot of games to play yet though.

It’s the same time that got into the tournament by the skin of its teeth last season. A lot of people just refused to see that.
Myself included. But we have a guy who can shoot threes and is averaging like 14. But it’s weird. Just weird team.

People forget how crucial a healthy Howard was to our teams success last year. He was he only other guy that created offense besides battle and he was literally the only guy who would actually drive, beat his man and get and assist. He could even finish in traffic too if he had to and he was fairly clutch as well. He averaged 14 ppg instead of 5. Battle and Brisett don't look to pass at all when they drive. Carey is nowhere near as good as last years howard but he is better than Howard is now. Howard is like a ghost out there this year. We should have played Carey way more today instead of trusting a guy who can't drive and can't shoot anymore. We will not make the tourney unless Howard gets back to his form last year and I'm not positive that's going to happen.

Myself included. But we have a guy who can shoot threes and is averaging like 14. But it’s weird. Just weird team.

Me too. I was just the guy arguing that we were a top 20 instead of a top ten team.

One other thing. Zero interior passing. None.

It’s the same time that got into the tournament by the skin of its teeth last season. A lot of people just refused to see that.

I think we thought players would get better. But they are all the same players or in Frank's case (due to injuries) and OB's case, worse

We haven't been that good in a long time now; our mediocrity masked by a few nice NCAA runs that still ultimately resulted in no championships. Being a perrenial bubble team/nit team is the norm now I guess. I never really thought this team would be great given it wasn't great last year and I didn't think the talent was really all there.

We are not good. Low hoops IQ, low effort, bad scheme on offense, and our talent and coaching are either under performing or overrated

I think we are fundamentally better than last year. We have two good point guards this year. Other positions are about the same. We can afford losing Howard if he gets injured later in the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom